Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales plastic fans

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:55 am

Saw a post from somebody this morning saying he hopes the true Wales fans are catered for before the 'parasites'.
But who are the parasites?
In recent years we've been getting very low crowds at Wales games but now, because we're playing well and we've been on the edge of qualifying for a major tournament, the CCS is sold out every game with even more wanting tickets.
The 'plastic' City fans get a huge amount of stick on here but what's the difference?
All of a sudden everybody is mad for Wales!
Just wondered.

Re: Wales plastic fans

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:02 am

It was the same when City were Premier League, people on here weekly begging for tickets claiming to be a genuine Cardiff fan.

Where are they now? We're getting 14k at home empty seats everywhere. Plastics gone.

Go back to Cyprus home at the start of qualifying 14k at home and now history repeating itself, Wales fans begging for tickets like those 'City' fans were in our short stay in the Premier. Glory breeds plastics, it's a fact of life.

If by April we're in the mix of promotion watch those 'City' fans come back in their thousands.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 am

For tickets to France these should only go to fans who follow Welsh club sides, if the people who claim to support Man U, Liverpool and chelsea etc loved Wales as much as they say they do they would not support an English club side.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:43 am

As long as we don't start getting fat women with pink Cowboy hats on coming to games, I'm more than happy to get plastics following Wales at football.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:08 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:For tickets to France these should only go to fans who follow Welsh club sides, if the people who claim to support Man U, Liverpool and chelsea etc loved Wales as much as they say they do they would not support an English club side.

I would love that idea being a season ticket holder at CCS. :)

However, there are thousands of Welsh fans who should get tickets before me and a proper reward for those who have stuck by the National team over the 'thin' years has to be found, that is only right and proper.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:15 am

These statements are very true. As much as I would love tickets for France I know i won't get them as even though i go regular to welsh games I am not a member as I have never had a problem getting tickets but will still likely miss out. Looking forward to Sunday tho think atmosphere could top Belgium game if that's possible

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:34 am

Ray Bishop wrote:As long as we don't start getting fat women with pink Cowboy hats on coming to games, I'm more than happy to get plastics following Wales at football.

Can you imagine that happening down the city? God please no!!!!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:05 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:For tickets to France these should only go to fans who follow Welsh club sides, if the people who claim to support Man U, Liverpool and chelsea etc loved Wales as much as they say they do they would not support an English club side.

would you go for only the players playing for welsh clubs too because what levels do they love wales then..? :laughing6:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 am

I do not see the logic of calling people who are only now excited about the national side, "plastic". I go watch Wales often, but understood from many friends that they would prefer to spend their hard earned cash on something worthwhile, rather than watching our national side get spanked.... Many time I was left red face.

I would say I am a "plastic" rugby fan. I demote the sport as not important, but will always make the effort for international days to have a drink and that.

You live once... Whilst football is important to us... Some weekends, spending your hard earned cash on other things is understandable... Trips out with kids, family,etc.

I for one am happy that the nation is buzzing about football, that is how it should be. Plus, it angers our "superior" neighbours, England, who are already kicking off about the FIFA rankings..

Together stronger, inniiii? ;)

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:53 am

People that moan about plastics should be shown where their mothers tit is.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:06 am

Military Junta wrote:

would you go for only the players playing for welsh clubs too because what levels do they love wales then..? :laughing6:

Adam dont be stupid every player wants to play at the highest level, my bug bear is that if people love their country so much why do they follow English clubs, who they have no affinity to.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

Biggest bollux I've ever heard I know people who have followed Wales for years and years when we been shit home and away and don't support club football , so you no what let's not give them tickets but because some guy supports Cardiff but never been to a Wales game lets give him a ticket ...

Loads of North Wales fans support Everton and Liverpool , North Wales follow in numbers , you want them lot who have followed for years to not get tickets

So you can't support your country unless you support a club side from Wales?

Pathetic

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:

Biggest bollux I've ever heard I know people who have followed Wales for years and years when we been shit home and away and don't support club football , so you no what let's not give them tickets but because some guy supports Cardiff but never been to a Wales game lets give him a ticket ...

Loads of North Wales fans support Everton and Liverpool , North Wales follow in numbers , you want them lot who have followed for years to not get tickets

So you can't support your country unless you support a club side from Wales?

Pathetic

Exactly, for people in Rhyl and stuff their local clubs are basically the north west clubs anyway :P

I've never been to a Wales game, but haven't got the money to travel and buy tickets and stuff yet. I still follow every game on TV or online or radio where I can so I'd like to be able to go but it's just a matter of getting in first lol.

f**k exclusive football, the cost and stuff makes it hard enough as it is, don't need fans preaching division too!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Only people with Hull City stubs should be allowed to go to France. Everyone else should have their passport confiscated. :old:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:People that moan about plastics should be shown where their mothers tit is.

ha ha, never get this Elitist fan Crap, live and let live! :old: :bluescarf:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 pm

Tickets for france should and will go to members of the wales supporters clubs regardless of what club they support.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:41 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:I do not see the logic of calling people who are only now excited about the national side, "plastic". I go watch Wales often, but understood from many friends that they would prefer to spend their hard earned cash on something worthwhile, rather than watching our national side get spanked.... Many time I was left red face.

I would say I am a "plastic" rugby fan. I demote the sport as not important, but will always make the effort for international days to have a drink and that.

You live once... Whilst football is important to us... Some weekends, spending your hard earned cash on other things is understandable... Trips out with kids, family,etc.

I for one am happy that the nation is buzzing about football, that is how it should be. Plus, it angers our "superior" neighbours, England, who are already kicking off about the FIFA rankings..

Together stronger, inniiii? ;)

I agree with you.
I, personally, wasn't calling anybody plastics but just wondered what all the posters on here who have been calling the missing fans from our Premiership season - plastics - thought about the Wales situation?

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:00 pm

FFS I can't believe this post. This obsession with plastics has to stop - anyone who wants to support Wales should feel welcome to. We've had a long time in the wilderness so now there may be a chance of glory - so enjoy it - EVERYONE - Whether it's your first or 1000th game. People looking down their noses at new fans make me sick :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:38 pm

norms76 wrote:It was the same when City were Premier League, people on here weekly begging for tickets claiming to be a genuine Cardiff fan.

Where are they now? We're getting 14k at home empty seats everywhere. Plastics gone.

Go back to Cyprus home at the start of qualifying 14k at home and now history repeating itself, Wales fans begging for tickets like those 'City' fans were in our short stay in the Premier. Glory breeds plastics, it's a fact of life.

If by April we're in the mix of promotion watch those 'City' fans come back in their thousands.

The attendance for that Cyprus match was actually 21k.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:39 pm

You all sound like bloody babies, moaning because the whole of Wales is getting excited about football for once... we should be embracing and welcoming it, we finally have a chance to become known as something more than just a 'rugby nation'.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:38 pm

JonCCFC wrote:You all sound like bloody babies, moaning because the whole of Wales is getting excited about football for once... we should be embracing and welcoming it, we finally have a chance to become known as something more than just a 'rugby nation'.

Screw you, what hate plastics. :lol: :old:

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:08 am

JonCCFC wrote:You all sound like bloody babies, moaning because the whole of Wales is getting excited about football for once... we should be embracing and welcoming it, we finally have a chance to become known as something more than just a 'rugby nation'.

This guy knows the score.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 am

Only missed 3 home games in 4 years.

Was away for two weeks when Israel tickets went on sale and was at reading festival when the remaining 1000 went on sale.

Haven't got a ticket because it's sold out which has never been an issue before. BUT, I knew it was going to happen, I'm not going to blast the "new supporters", i think it's great we are getting capacity crowds! Gutted but what else can be done

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 am

rustyblue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:People that moan about plastics should be shown where their mothers tit is.

ha ha, never get this Elitist fan Crap, live and let live! :old: :bluescarf:

Hear hear! well said! The more fans the better!

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:51 am

The point is when club or country play poor then attandances drop that's fine as long as the loyal supporters do or miss out when it gets better but as we all know some do and that is unfair