Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Tom Adeyemi '

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:54 am

' Tom Adeyemi '

Football League

Leeds United midfielder Tom Adeyemi is happy doing a defensive job for the team.

04/09/15

Leeds United midfielder Tom Adeyemi has told the Yorkshire Evening Post that he’s happy to be confined to a defensive role at the club.

The Cardiff City owned player has made a great start to his loan spell under German Uwe Rosler and it will be interesting to see if he can maintain his consistency and stay in the same position throughout the season.

The international break arguably came at a difficult time for the player because he will be buzzing after a goal in the club’s first league win of the season against Derby County.

“It’s not a job that everyone’s going to sit up and take notice of because it’s more of a defensive role, but it’s something I’m happy to do. If it means I’m going to be winning games and if it gives me the opportunity to play week in, week out then it’s going to be brilliant,” he told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Leeds have found a role model

Rosler may feel as though he’s discovered a new role model in the form of Adeyemi, who seems to have the attitude and character which will make him popular with his teammates and fans at the club.

He’s bought into the way that Rosler likes football to be played at the club and seems to have the hard work rate, which makes any player popular with the supporters.

If he can get into a position where he can inspire a youngster trying to get into the side or someone already in the first team setup, it’s just another example of the many benefits that he creates and strengthens his chances of a permanent move at the end of the season.

Re: ' Tom Adeyemi '

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:58 am

They can have him, we don't need him. :thumbright:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 am

The Whites could be in for a treat as Tom Adeyemi hints about joining the club on a permament deal. But let's be honest, can you blame him

Leeds United

04/09/15

One of the summer signings in Tom Adeyemi had some interesting things to say during an interview for The Yorkshire Evening Post:

"I think a lot depends on how I perform," Adeyemi said. "I’ve got to make sure I get myself in a position where the club are thinking about me in terms of a long-term proposition.

"Obviously I’m still under contract with Cardiff and I don’t really know what the thoughts are there but I’m thoroughly enjoying my time here – as much as I’ve enjoyed playing anywhere else. It’s definitely something I’m thinking about.

"I’ve played under (Rosler) for one season at Brentford and the fact that he wanted me again shows that he believes in me. I believe in him in terms of the way he works and the way he does things. I believe he’ll be successful here so I want to be part of it."

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 pm

JonCCFC wrote:They can have him, we don't need him. :thumbright:

This we have KG. :thumbright: