Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Javi Guerra opens up on Cardiff City '

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Ex Cardiff City striker Javi Guerra reveals his relief at leaving the Bluebirds and opens up on the isolation he suffered in Wales.

03/08/2015

Guerra has moved on from the Welsh capital to Rayo Vallecano and says he's glad he's left Cardiff behind.

Former Cardiff City striker Javi Guerra has revealed his relief at leaving the Bluebirds and opened up on the isolation he experienced in the Welsh capital.

The 33-year-old finally completed a transfer back to his native Spain earlier this week, penning a two-year deal at La Liga side, Rayo Vallecano.

The frontman endured a torrid time at Cardiff and was unable to make a real impact at the club, despite arguably not being given much of a chance.

After being signed by former Bluebirds’ manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, from Real Valladolid in May 2014, Guerra managed just three substitute appearances in the Championship and two League Cup starts for the Bluebirds.

Cardiff boss Russell Slade loaned him out to Malaga for the second-half of the last campaign.

Guerra said he was delighted to be back in Spain and admitted his time at Cardiff had been a frustrating one.

“The negotiations took a long time and my situation at Cardiff City was complicated, because I was training apart from the team,” said Guerra.

“It was always my aim to return to Spain because given my characteristics, La Liga suits me best. Plus I prefer the style and way we play football here.

“I’ve joined a club who have shown their confidence in me and have waited until the final minute to get me. I’m really happy to have joined Rayo, because they’re an attractive team for any player to play for.”

“I expect to be in top shape within a couple of weeks, so that’s why the international break in league fixtures is a good opportunity for me. I want to recover my physical shape swiftly and get myself into the team dynamic.”

Guerra could make his debut for his new club when Rayo host Deportivo La Coruña on September 14.

Despite his lack of success in Wales, Rayo Vallecano president Martin Presa was delighted to have secured the services of Guerra, commenting: “He’s one of the Spanish forwards with some of the best numbers in the last decade, both in Spain and Europe.

"We hope he’ll maintain that level of consistency and will help us to secure our fifth consecutive survival in La Liga.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... vi-9982856

Re: Javi Guerra opens up

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Hardly opens up...says nothing. Whatever happened there (it wasn't just Slade who wouldn't play him, Ole, who signed him, wouldn't either) I'm glad he's gone.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 pm

He does say he was training apart from the squad so I take it he hasn't been allowed to train with the first team.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Very misleading title. Just more or less saying he's glad to be back in Spain.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:15 pm

If Ole signed him, why didn't he play him? Suggests to me that it was Tan brought him in....like Velikonja. Tan, the football expert.

Re: ' Javi Guerra opens up on Cardiff City '

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Misleading title- getting boring now

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:15 pm

langley wrote:Misleading title- getting boring now

Agree.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 pm

bluebird04 wrote:He does say he was training apart from the squad so I take it he hasn't been allowed to train with the first team.

He wasnt allowed to train with the first team.

But I think he is better off in Spain.

Same happened to Declan John last season.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:He does say he was training apart from the squad so I take it he hasn't been allowed to train with the first team.

He wasnt allowed to train with the first team.

But I think he is better off in Spain.

Same happened to Declan John last season.

Sadly this kind of treatment of players seems to be part of the game. Personally I don't like it.But remember the managers have the hassle of the agents in the background too. Perhaps relationships would be different if the agents weren't there.

It seems footballers are "high priced commodities", as with all commodities they can be easily replaced. A few "speciality - luxury" players will develop, but the vast majority are inter-changeable.

Unbeaten in 8 league games implies something right is happening, managers are judged on results!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:16 am

Player says he is glad to sign for new team.

Shock, horror!!

Good luck to him but this isn't really an exposé on his time with the Bluebirds.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:49 am

bluemun wrote:If Ole signed him, why didn't he play him? Suggests to me that it was Tan brought him in....like Velikonja. Tan, the football expert.

Oh dear... Let's throw all options in the air and blame tan. Boring fool

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:55 am

bluemun wrote:If Ole signed him, why didn't he play him? Suggests to me that it was Tan brought him in....like Velikonja. Tan, the football expert.

Oh dear... Let's throw all options in the air and blame tan. Boring fool

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:10 am

Sounds like he was a miserable disruptive influence on the team, hence 2 managers kept him away. Probably thought he was being clever moving to a Premier League team, then sulked because they got relegated and he found himself in the Championship, probably on lower wages than he expected.

Even Wilfried Zaha showed glimpses of what he was capable of when he was here (although they were rare). This guy showed nothing.

What you don't have, you don't miss.

Now - please lets draw a line under this reserve team player and move on. :wave:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:59 am

Suprised he didn't speak out

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 am

He was'nt given any game time to show what he cd do, so we'l never know.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:31 am

He was'nt given any game time to show what he cd do, so we'l never know.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:Ex Cardiff City striker Javi Guerra reveals his relief at leaving the Bluebirds and opens up on the isolation he suffered in Wales.

03/08/2015

Guerra has moved on from the Welsh capital to Rayo Vallecano and says he's glad he's left Cardiff behind.

Former Cardiff City striker Javi Guerra has revealed his relief at leaving the Bluebirds and opened up on the isolation he experienced in the Welsh capital.

The 33-year-old finally completed a transfer back to his native Spain earlier this week, penning a two-year deal at La Liga side, Rayo Vallecano.

The frontman endured a torrid time at Cardiff and was unable to make a real impact at the club, despite arguably not being given much of a chance.

After being signed by former Bluebirds’ manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, from Real Valladolid in May 2014, Guerra managed just three substitute appearances in the Championship and two League Cup starts for the Bluebirds.

Cardiff boss Russell Slade loaned him out to Malaga for the second-half of the last campaign.

Guerra said he was delighted to be back in Spain and admitted his time at Cardiff had been a frustrating one.

“The negotiations took a long time and my situation at Cardiff City was complicated, because I was training apart from the team,” said Guerra.

“It was always my aim to return to Spain because given my characteristics, La Liga suits me best. Plus I prefer the style and way we play football here.

“I’ve joined a club who have shown their confidence in me and have waited until the final minute to get me. I’m really happy to have joined Rayo, because they’re an attractive team for any player to play for.”

“I expect to be in top shape within a couple of weeks, so that’s why the international break in league fixtures is a good opportunity for me. I want to recover my physical shape swiftly and get myself into the team dynamic.”

Guerra could make his debut for his new club when Rayo host Deportivo La Coruña on September 14.

Despite his lack of success in Wales, Rayo Vallecano president Martin Presa was delighted to have secured the services of Guerra, commenting: “He’s one of the Spanish forwards with some of the best numbers in the last decade, both in Spain and Europe.

"We hope he’ll maintain that level of consistency and will help us to secure our fifth consecutive survival in La Liga.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... vi-9982856

Shame you didn't train hard enough to get in shape here you complete waste of wages !!! :wave:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:32 am

nubbsy wrote:Suprised he didn't speak out

:lol:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:38 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote: “It was always my aim to return to Spain because given my characteristics, La Liga suits me best. Plus I prefer the style and way we play football here.

Slade and Young's anti-football campaign of 2014/15 is now officially over :wave:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 pm

he was a lazy fucker who probably didnt want to be here anyway, but was happy enough to pick up the money.

good riddence