Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea C links are always going to be a problem for Car

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
Wiltshireblue wrote:Again you can call me names all you like.

All hail Coleman.

He gets my support. That's what any manager wants. He doesn't need this fictitious story of road blocks stopping him from leaving :lol: he's a jack, I get it. You want to ram it down people's throats

On 26 May 2011, Coleman was appointed as manager of Greek side Larissa.[15] In January 2012, Coleman announced that because of financial troubles at the club he would be quitting from his position as manager.[16]
During His time In Greece, Coleman only lost 1 game out of 12, only conceding 3 goals and scoring 16. Due to financial and corruption difficulties the season didn't start until late 2011. During pre-season they played 20 games. winning 14, drawing 4 and losing 2. He was adored by the fans, and there were many planned riots and protests when he left citing financial difficulties as the reasons, (having not been paid for 3 months along with many of the players). In the immediate 12 games after Coleman left, Larissa lost 9 out of 12 games, drawing 2 and winning only 1.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Fair play to Coleman, he's done a good job. Despite this, because he's a Jack I just can't warm to him, I just tolerate him. The same could be said to the likes of Ashley Williams, I can barely bring myself to clap him and other Jacks when their names are announced over the tannoy. I can't stand the jacks, in fact I despise them, so it's hard to show any kind of respect for them, even when playing for Wales. I would never boo them, while playing for Wales though.
It's not like the way it was in the 80s when the Jacks were in the old Division 1, in those days most of the Wales team were Jacks and were abused to high heaven at Ninian Park.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:40 pm

I doubted him early on but he's proven me and a lot of others wrong. Just man up and admit it. I have actually now got a lot of respect for the guy. He has taken it all on the chin, acted maturely about it and has focused on the job at hand and is so far delivering. People giving him stick now really are clueless. It was understandable in the early days when he still had a lot to prove. However, he has proven more than capable of making us a competitive international outfit and the players believe in him and want to play for him. Cant ask for better than that.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:56 pm

I can't stand the bloke. Not because he's a jack but he's a vile human being. What man throws his mrs and kids out of his house to move his latest tart in.

He is incredibly lucky to have inherited a great squad of players inspired by the great Gary Speed. He has a great captain in Ashley Williams who is a superb player and motivator. He has 2 genuine world class players in bale and Ramsey. My dog Lionel could manage this Wales team.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I can't stand the bloke. Not because he's a jack but he's a vile human being. What man throws his mrs and kids out of his house to move his latest tart in.

He is incredibly lucky to have inherited a great squad of players inspired by the great Gary Speed. He has a great captain in Ashley Williams who is a superb player and motivator. He has 2 genuine world class players in bale and Ramsey. My dog Lionel could manage this Wales team.

Thats what people said about Alex Ferguson.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Wiltshireblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I can't stand the bloke. Not because he's a jack but he's a vile human being. What man throws his mrs and kids out of his house to move his latest tart in.

No they didn't. Fergie completely rebuilt the Man Utd squad.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Wiltshireblue wrote:

Yep, they did. They said he was lucky to have had all the team come through from the youth ranks at that time. They also said that at the peak of Uniteds treble winning side that anybody could manage them due to the squad they had. Not to mention coleman has rebuilt Wales, new captain, new system, new outlook and by far now the most successful welsh side in history as a result.

Thats the sign of a good manager.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:16 pm

He bought me a pint when I was working in a bar back when I was 19, so I have no complaints!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 pm

bluebird04 wrote:I have never liked him, and it's not because of a Swansea Cardiff thing, it's because when ever he does an interview he is rude, he looks away from the person asking questions, starts talking stops the continues and looks away.

Just seen his interview after Cyprus game. It's just his mannerisms. He's far from rude.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Come on guys lets chill , its going to be a fantastic atmosphere on Sunday so let's just enjoy the moment !! Wales are on the brink of qualifying for France next summer ......... We will not f***this up now ! :D

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Ray Bishop wrote:Fair play to Coleman, he's done a good job. Despite this, because he's a Jack I just can't warm to him, I just tolerate him. The same could be said to the likes of Ashley Williams, I can barely bring myself to clap him and other Jacks when their names are announced over the tannoy. I can't stand the jacks, in fact I despise them, so it's hard to show any kind of respect for them, even when playing for Wales. I would never boo them, while playing for Wales though.
It's not like the way it was in the 80s when the Jacks were in the old Division 1, in those days most of the Wales team were Jacks and were abused to high heaven at Ninian Park.

You can't warm to the manger of Wales just because he played for Swansea?? Pathetic!!

If the next Wales manager was from Germany, that would be ok I suppose. Or Japan, or USA??

Would it be ok if the next manager was from Cardiff??? YES OF COURSE! This is so immature.

Accept the success and give the credit to the manager, whoever he or she is. Records will show that Wales was ranked 9th in the world and beat Cyprus. I don't care who the manger played for years ago.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:I have never liked him, and it's not because of a Swansea Cardiff thing, it's because when ever he does an interview he is rude, he looks away from the person asking questions, starts talking stops the continues and looks away.

Just seen his interview after Cyprus game. It's just his mannerisms. He's far from rude.

Absolutely. Spot on! :thumbup:

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:52 pm

Wiltshireblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Wiltshireblue wrote:

Yep, they did. They said he was lucky to have had all the team come through from the youth ranks at that time. They also said that at the peak of Uniteds treble winning side that anybody could manage them due to the squad they had. Not to mention coleman has rebuilt Wales, new captain, new system, new outlook and by far now the most successful welsh side in history as a result.

Thats the sign of a good manager.

I agree with this. Coleman hasn't had it easy. He took over as manager at a very difficult time which affected many players and back room staff. Since then, he has been professional and taken the criticisms.

He has some great players, but so have other managers. In any case, it could be difficult to deal with egos and club animosities. For some reason, he has gelled the team. MUST BE LUCK!!

Wales!!!!!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:12 am

Bakedalasker wrote:This really is wrong timing to make such a statement.

This will be used for ammo with the Jacks like like to gloat and for the Cardiff fan that holds grudges against the Jacks. A time when we are calling to be united this is something we just do not want to read about.

Not very clever by Coleman.

Uh, maybe he was asked about it? At least he gave an honest answer. There some fools on this very thread who hate the guy, simply because of where he's from.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:16 am

Bunk wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Bunk wrote:His comments are ridiculous. I was personally not a fan of his but so far this campaign he has certainly proven me wrong.

I didn't want him as Wales manager after Speed personally because in his past few jobs he'd been an utter failure everywhere he's been, bar Fulham when the best you could say is that he did ok.

The last campaign was utterly abysmal and unacceptable given the players we have, Speed had shown us how good we could be but we lost to Serbia by an aggregate score of 9-1, we lost against Macedonia FFS. That said, since that competition ended he has turned it around and has proven his worth and ability thus far, perhaps with hindsight the players were still affected by Speed's death.

I don't know why this has come up now but it certainly shouldn't be spoken about when we are on the brink of something very special

Why are his comments 'ridiculous'? There are obviously people who will never accept him. 2blue is one, indeed there are some on this very thread.

Maybe the reason for the last qualification campaign being such a bad one was the hangover from what happened with Speed. Have people ever thought of that?

His comments are ridiculous because we are about to play a massive game that if we win will ensure we are on the brink of making history and he should be better than responding to this rubbish in such detail, his responses could create divisions when there should be none. The whole of Wales is behind him and the team tonight and for him to suggest otherwise is what I find 'ridiculous'.

Regarding your comment "Maybe the reason for the last qualification campaign being such a bad one was the hangover from what happened with Speed. Have people ever thought of that?" have I not already said that with my comment "perhaps with hindsight the players were still affected by Speed's death."?

Well, he gave an honest answer. It doesn't seem to have got many people's attention, anyway. Virtually nobody mentioned it or took notice of his comments. He wasn't suggesting that the whole of Wales wasn't behind him, only that some will never particularly like the fact that he is the manager, and it's true! Look at this bloody thread ffs!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:18 am

Woodville Willie wrote:This is media-driven and probably taken way out of context. The quotes may be accurate, but what were the questions and the lead-up to that moment?

The reporters who publish this drivel are just hell-bent on causing negativity and I don't but it for a moment.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care who he played for club-wise. He is a passionate Welshman, leading his side to remarkable results lately. Nothing should detract from that.

C'mon Wales!!!

Exactly. None of us know if he was asked a specific question about it or not. He probably was, because he wouldn't just come out and say it unprovoked.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:35 am

Speed also inherited the same squad that Coleman has now. Speed didn't build this squad, John Toshack did. Speed was doing great things with Wales, don't get me wrong, but the games he won were at the tail end of an ultimately failed campaign. There's no guarantee whatsoever that we'd have qualified for the World Cup just because we won a few games when we had no chance of qualifying. Furthermore, the group was a nightmarish group. I think we'd have struggled to even finish 2nd, even if Speed had been in charge.

'He has a great captain in Ashley Williams'. Indeed he does. Now then, I wonder who made Williams the captain? Oh, that's right, Coleman did.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:15 am

Ray Bishop wrote:Fair play to Coleman, he's done a good job. Despite this, because he's a Jack I just can't warm to him, I just tolerate him. The same could be said to the likes of Ashley Williams, I can barely bring myself to clap him and other Jacks when their names are announced over the tannoy. I can't stand the jacks, in fact I despise them, so it's hard to show any kind of respect for them, even when playing for Wales. I would never boo them, while playing for Wales though.

Sad man .

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:20 am

Looking at the way the whole team mobbed Coleman after Bale scored I'd say they like, respect him and thats what counts

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:27 am

Wow I can feel you small minded bitterness from here

So sad :oops:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 am

Fusilier52 wrote:

Sad man .

I'm very happy actually. If you don't like the fact I can't stand the likes of Coleman and Ashley Williams, then tough luck!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 am

This is of course rubbish, you don't like him because of one reason

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Ray Bishop wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

Sad man .

I'm very happy actually. If you don't like the fact I can't stand the likes of Coleman and Ashley Williams, then tough luck!

Then you can't enjoy the victories because whether you like it or not, Williams is a brilliant captain and runs the show at the back. The players and the vast majority of Wales fans respect Coleman and he is widely loved by a sizeable proportion of those too.

You are happy because ignorance is bliss. Enjoy!

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 pm

We love u Chris
Cymru am byth

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:21 pm

whiterock wrote:

I couldn't care less about which team the man played for, like I stated I always think it comes across as rude, regardless of it being his mannerisms. I am sorry to have to admit you don't know me as well as you claim, but every job he's been in I have wanted him to do well, because he is welsh. As stated I might be old fashioned but it's a pet hate when he's doing and interview, looks away, takes a pause mid way through a sentence and continues, I respect it's his mannerisms, but to me it always looks like he's being distracted by something behind the interviewer

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:44 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
whiterock wrote:

I couldn't care less about which team the man played for, like I stated I always think it comes across as rude, regardless of it being his mannerisms. I am sorry to have to admit you don't know me as well as you claim, but every job he's been in I have wanted him to do well, because he is welsh. As stated I might be old fashioned but it's a pet hate when he's doing and interview, looks away, takes a pause mid way through a sentence and continues, I respect it's his mannerisms, but to me it always looks like he's being distracted by something behind the interviewer

Some of the best managers come over as abrupt or give the impression they don't want to be there for the interview because......
Guess what......
They don't want to be there. They would rather be training with the squad or talking tactics with the squad, etc., etc. etc.

The special one is always evasive or rude. Who cares!! He gets results.

Coleman is not a politician. He is a football man. That's what he does.

I don't care how he comes over. The players love him and he has them playing a winning style of football.