' Idriss Saadi ? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Idriss Saadi ? '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade: Why I brought unknown Idriss Saadi to the Bluebirds

"It was difficult while we were assessing Idriss because he was injured at the end of last season"

WED 2 SEPTEMBER 2015

BY TERRY PHILLIPS

The Bluebirds boss says that Saadi was being scouted as a potential target for some time before making the switch a day before the deadline

Idriss Saadi, Cardiff City’s new centre-forward, was signed after long, exhaustive checks on his ability, form and fitness says manager Russell Slade.

The Bluebirds boss outlined how club scouts watched Saadi play for a long time before the decision was made to make a move for the French-born striker.

“He has been on our list of possibles for a good while, watched and watched,” said Slade, who has gone through hours of video footage and read reports from club scouts on Saadi and other players on the list of forwards.

“We sent people to watch him and it is clear he is that typical number nine - strong, powerful, technically good. He can also nick a goal and had a bit of pace to play off the shoulder of defenders.

“It was difficult while we were assessing Idriss because he was injured at the end of last season and it was important we were certain he is okay.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Idriss Saadi ? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Idriss Saadi ? '

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:44 pm

I am confident that he will turn out to be a great find. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I am confident that he will turn out to be a great find. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

You said the same about Doyle.
Steve Zodiak

Postby VincentTanOut » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I am confident that he will turn out to be a great find. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

He says the same about everyone we sign
VincentTanOut

Postby Reza » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:58 pm

It's a gamble but one the club are prepared to take because of the low transfer fee,the club can't be 100% certain or they wouldn't have put a clause in Doyle's contract that we can take him back in Jan,that being said a lot of teams shop in France these days and physically he looks suited to British football so let's just waiting and see
Always be blue
Reza

Postby Juventus Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

:lol: :lol: he's bound to get one right eventually and I think Saadi could be that one :thumbup:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:06 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

:lol: :lol: he's bound to get one right eventually and I think Saadi could be that one :thumbup:

We can only hope. I have no idea if this will work out as I know nothing about him other than what I've read, and bits and pieces that I've seen on youtube. Can't get much info from these short videos as they are only going to show the best bits in the same way that we saw only the best bits of Cornelius. I doubt if many city supporters know much more about him than I do.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:06 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Buy enough tickets and you will eventually win the lottery. :thumbup: :sladein: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Juventus Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Buy enough tickets and you will eventually win the lottery. :thumbup: :sladein: :ayatollah:

This is very true Rydo :thumbup:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:11 pm

VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yeah i am hardly going to be negative over a new signing am I? :roll:
Rydogsccfc

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

just wondering how you can be confident he will be a great find. I hope he will, but unless you know something more than most of us, where do you get this confidence from? I'm sure we all hope he will, but I have a feeling most fans are like me and know hardly anything about him.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

just wondering how you can be confident he will be a great find. I hope he will, but unless you know something more than most of us, where do you get this confidence from? I'm sure we all hope he will, but I have a feeling most fans are like me and know hardly anything about him.

Because Youtube says so. :shock: :laughing6: :thumbup:
Rydogsccfc

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Anyone remember Iwan Redan?
Carpe Diem

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Rydog has more positivity running through his veins than I do but the gamble is low and eventually one will pay off :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Anyone remember Iwan Redan?

We signed his twin at the airport. :shock: :o
Rydogsccfc

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Rydog has more positivity running through his veins than I do but the gamble is low and eventually one will pay off :thumbup:

The gamble is indeed low and could pay off nothing to be negative about. :thumbup: :sladein: :ayatollah:
Rydogsccfc

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:06 pm

The guy looks a baller, for sure. Hardly unknown if he played in Ligue One with St Eti.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJty6oQJzU
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:21 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:The guy looks a baller, for sure. Hardly unknown if he played in Ligue One with St Eti.

How many appearances did he make for their first team in the 4 years he was there, and how many goals did he score for the first team?
Steve Zodiak

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Lets just hope we fans give him support and the time to settle and adjust to his new team and surroundings
striker is the hardest position for new signings :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
troobloo3339

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:36 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Lets just hope we fans give him support and the time to settle and adjust to his new team and surroundings
striker is the hardest position for new signings :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

He'll certainly have my support, but I wonder sometimes if our fans expectations give players added pressure. People on here were talking up Doyle as the player who's goals would take us to the promised land. If we get there, it obviously won't be because of Doyle's goals. Sometimes we have to be realistic, and it will probably take Saadi time to settle into the English game. I hope he becomes a massive success, but there is no guarantee. I believe he played less than 20 games in 4 years as a senior player for St Ettienne, and scored no goals. Based on this, we should give him our full support as a City player, but not be surprised if he finds things difficult, especially in his first season in this league.
Steve Zodiak

Postby JonCCFC » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:19 pm

We'll see for ourselves, hopefully he's given the chance
JonCCFC

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:18 am

Idriss (great Welsh name by the way ;) ) will need a bit of luck. When thinking of young strikers I always recall Cameron Jerome. He was actually behind Stuart Fleetwood in the pecking order when we had a striker crises and had to turn to our youth players. SF started in a game vs. Derby County and seemed to be doing well until he got injured just before half-time.

Cameron Jerome came on grabbed his chance and eventually got a move to the Premier League.

Players don't develop unless they play. :!:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby ThomasC » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:43 am

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:The guy looks a baller, for sure. Hardly unknown if he played in Ligue One with St Eti.

Cornelius looked decent on youtube, BUT, he looked very good nevertheless. Let's hope we see lots of goals and a serious goalscoring threat week-in week-out
ThomasC

Postby balkanblue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:35 pm

He will be a class act for us. He will be our best striker since Gestede. Let's not let this raw talent go either because we expect miracles too soon.
balkanblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

There's a difference between positivity and having an actual opinion though. Going with the flow of everything is great and fluffy in rydogworld.
;)
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Idriss (great Welsh name by the way ;) ) will need a bit of luck. When thinking of young strikers I always recall Cameron Jerome. He was actually behind Stuart Fleetwood in the pecking order when we had a striker crises and had to turn to our youth players. SF started in a game vs. Derby County and seemed to be doing well until he got injured just before half-time.

Cameron Jerome came on grabbed his chance and eventually got a move to the Premier League.

Players don't develop unless they play. :!:

It's an Arabic name as well. Something to do with a prophet.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby sloper_road_legend » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 pm

You get what you pay for in the championship
Last successful Algerian?
sloper_road_legend

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:06 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

There's a difference between positivity and having an actual opinion though. Going with the flow of everything is great and fluffy in rydogworld.
;)

I'm positive and have an actual opinion what world are you talking about? :lol: :thumbup: :sladein:
Rydogsccfc

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:48 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yeah but that's 14 million tickets ;-)
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Return to General Chat