Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ken Choo - ' Tans Football Knowledge Instrumental '

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:41 pm

moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:Tan hasn't had the fire sale many on here said was going to happen. He's made sure we've kept hold of key players got rid of the dead wood and brought a little quality in.

People on here just cannot help themselves and love to dig at the bloke at any chance they get, he's made mistakes and gone back on them and put it right, things are looking up at last and the season has the making of a good one. Cut the negatives out for a change.

Norms,Ive always been honest with you,NO clubs came in with proper bIds,other than WBA,so we were not tested.

C'mon Annis....cheer up mun. None of us like Tan for what he did to us but to me it looks like the Club is starting to do things in the right way by being financially prudent. With gates of 15k we need to be!! I feel happier now than when Ole was splashing the cash on players who were not worth the transfer fees or the wages. None of us really know if Slade is the answer but at least he has got us fitter and playing with a better shape. To be fair to Tan he bankrolled Malky and Ole and where did that get us? You can't blame him for wanting to recoup some of his money and he could have sold Marshall but he didn't. We should all be grateful that he is staying. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

We are being run a lot lot better :thumbright: :ayatollah: And I am enjoying my football :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:Tan hasn't had the fire sale many on here said was going to happen. He's made sure we've kept hold of key players got rid of the dead wood and brought a little quality in.

People on here just cannot help themselves and love to dig at the bloke at any chance they get, he's made mistakes and gone back on them and put it right, things are looking up at last a :lol: nd the season has the making of a good one. Cut the negatives out for a change.

Norms,Ive always been honest with you,NO clubs came in with proper bIds,other than WBA,so we were not tested.

C'mon Annis....cheer up mun. None of us like Tan for what he did to us but to me it looks like the Club is starting to do things in the right way by being financially prudent. With gates of 15k we need to be!! I feel happier now than when Ole was splashing the cash on players who were not worth the transfer fees or the wages. None of us really know if Slade is the answer but at least he has got us fitter and playing with a better shape. To be fair to Tan he bankrolled Malky and Ole and where did that get us? You can't blame him for wanting to recoup some of his money and he could have sold Marshall but he didn't. We should all be grateful that he is staying. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

We are being run a lot lot better :thumbright: :ayatollah: And I am enjoying my football :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Careful Annis :lol:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Tan is a product of our times, plain and simple.If he listened to our culture early doors perhaps we would still be in the Premier.Fact is who the f**k is going to stump up the readies for CCFC ??? One thing we lack in Wales are billionaires.As for his football nounce....God forbid !!!!!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:03 am

IMO the main thing we needed was Midfielders and we didn't sign any!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:09 am

davids wrote:"Vincent Tan's football knowledge". :lol: :lol:

For all of you still at school, what you see above is a classic example of what is known as an oxymoron.

It actually depends what Ken Choo means by "football knowledge".

Taking aside their culture is very patriarchal and it is not uncommon to pander to the boss, making toasts to him at meals about how great he is etc...

I think Ken is referring to his "learnings" as to how transfers operate and how to manage the manipulative negotiation techniques of agents, and emotional games of players. From this perspective I believe Ken is 100% correct, and that VT's learnings are definitely beneficial to the club. VT has learnt where his leverage is in these negotiations.

Also this gives a logic to the acquisition of the teams in Belgium and Bosnia. They give us good scouting possibilities in two powerful football regions in Europe that have generated many good players Benelux/France and the wider Balkans.

I believe they are going in the right direction.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:56 am

Jupiter wrote:
davids wrote:"Vincent Tan's football knowledge". :lol: :lol:

For all of you still at school, what you see above is a classic example of what is known as an oxymoron.

It actually depends what Ken Choo means by "football knowledge".

Taking aside their culture is very patriarchal and it is not uncommon to pander to the boss, making toasts to him at meals about how great he is etc...

I think Ken is referring to his "learnings" as to how transfers operate and how to manage the manipulative negotiation techniques of agents, and emotional games of players. From this perspective I believe Ken is 100% correct, and that VT's learnings are definitely beneficial to the club. VT has learnt where his leverage is in these negotiations.

Also this gives a logic to the acquisition of the teams in Belgium and Bosnia. They give us good scouting possibilities in two powerful football regions in Europe that have generated many good players Benelux/France and the wider Balkans.

I believe they are going in the right direction.

That is a good post :thumbup: The business side he is not getting shafted by agents. There is no way on god's earth he is scouting players. Heaven forbid that please. Velikonja 2.0 if that happened

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 am

That is a good post :thumbup: The business side he is not getting shafted by agents. There is no way on god's earth he is scouting players. Heaven forbid that please. Velikonja 2.0 if that happened[/quote]

For sure I didn't mean VT scouting himself :o , I meant the networks he can develop with the guys already in place.

If it was down to VT everyone would have to get a :tandragon: tattoo on their arse. Maybe the tattoo thing is what attracted him to Etien?? :old:

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:50 am

Jupiter wrote:That is a good post :thumbup: The business side he is not getting shafted by agents. There is no way on god's earth he is scouting players. Heaven forbid that please. Velikonja 2.0 if that happened

For sure I didn't mean VT scouting himself :o , I meant the networks he can develop with the guys already in place.

If it was down to VT everyone would have to get a :tandragon: tattoo on their arse. Maybe the tattoo thing is what attracted him to Etien?? :old:[/quote]

you made a good point about the scouting networks in france/belgium and the Balkans :thumbup:

I think Cardiff have done well with Gestede so why not have another go! Certainly better than the Russel Slade inspired L1 & 2 scouting in which he already has bought & offloaded Doyle

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:13 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Jupiter wrote:I think Cardiff have done well with Gestede so why not have another go! Certainly better than the Russel Slade inspired L1 & 2 scouting in which he already has bought & offloaded Doyle

Really? We sell a player for £300,000 that's worth £6,000,000 2 years later and that's doing well? :shock:

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:12 pm

T1JMO wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Jupiter wrote:I think Cardiff have done well with Gestede so why not have another go! Certainly better than the Russel Slade inspired L1 & 2 scouting in which he already has bought & offloaded Doyle

Really? We sell a player for £300,000 that's worth £6,000,000 2 years later and that's doing well? :shock:

Purchasing a player from France that now has a market value of over £5mil is great scouting. That is the only topic being debated

You are 100% right, a sell-on clause is the least the club should have done when offloading him

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:15 pm

That is really weird it looks like ThomasC and my quotes have been inverse. He says something and it is reported as me, and I say something and it is reported as him... let's see if this post comes out as Jupiter...