" They Believe they have already reached France "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:18 am

Euro 2016 qualifying: Spurs star Ben Davies says Belgian teammates believe Wales have already reached France

And viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162206 :thumbright:

2 SEPTEMBER 2015

BY CHRIS WATHAN

Davies says the likes of Jan Vertonghen and Nacer Chadli have made it known they think Wales are effectively in France and they are looking to join them

Ben Davies has spent years waiting for Wales to be taken seriously – but now he doesn’t want to listen to any such talk after revealing Belgium stars think Chris Coleman’s men are already in France.

Instead, all the 22-year-old wants to hear is the sound of a final whistle to know the talking is over come the end of this week of weeks for Welsh football... if it means a “once in a lifetime” opportunity has been seized.

Wales can take that chance with victories over Cyprus and Israel while as a top-10 nation set to go above England in Fifa’s rankings for the first time, Davies acknowledges there’s a new-found respect for the red-shirted Dragons.

And Spurs’ quartet of Belgians beaten in Cardiff in June are among them.

“The jokes at Wales aren’t so funny now,” smiles Spurs’ former Swansea City full-back.

“Even speaking to the Belgian boys before the June game, they knew that they were going to be in for a tough game.

“We’ve played them a good couple of times over the last couple of years and they really were taking us seriously so it was nice to be able to go back in and give them a bit.

“It’s especially nice when the rest of the dressing room wasn’t expecting us to pick up anything, so it’s good to feel that respect the side is getting.

“The aim is to make sure we back that up by being out there in France next summer, that was what we set out to do at the start of the campaign and we’ve given ourselves every opportunity of achieving it.”

Yet asked if Group B rivals Belgium’s Tottenham stars, including the likes of Jan Vertonghen and Nacer Chadli, think it’s done, Davies said: “Yes. 100%. They pretty much see it that we’ve qualified and they’re looking to join us, unless something crazy happens to them. But that’s their side of it – being typically Welsh we know it’s not done until it’s done.

“We still have a lot to do but from their point of view, from speaking to them, they see us as already there.”

Davies is not having any of it, though he admitted he wouldn’t mind Belgium giving things a helping hand by beating Bosnia in Brussels on Thursday, a result that would mean Wales could draw in Nicosia and still qualify with a Sunday win over Israel.

The focus is on finishing the job, on making the most of the opportunity the start to the campaign has left them with – and making the most of the talents of the last Welshman to make the left-flank at White Hart Lane his own.

“He’s been phenomenal, we’re lucky to have someone like him as part of our squad,” said Davies of Bale.

“To have a player like him in you team comes along once-in-a-lifetime.

“We can clearly see how important he’s been for us in this campaign.

Will Wales have qualification sewn up after Israel?
YES
NO

“We know what he can do and if it means the rest of us have to feed him and he puts the ball in the back of the net then we’d happily do that if it gets us to the Euros.

“But it’s more than that – seeing someone like him willing to put the graft in for his country in every single game and the quality of the performances he is putting in then it’s ups everyone else’s game on the pitch. We want to be as good a team as possible; he sets the standards at that level and we’re all got to try and reach it and be as good as an XI as we can.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " They Believe they have already reached France "

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:34 am

Wales have a 'job to do' and must not be distracted by well-meaning club mates nor any other external influences that may be designed to derail their already Herculean efforts! ;)

It's in Wales own hands to achieve their dream, but they need to remain focussed and complete the job in hand, whilst remembering what it was that got them to the top of their Group in the first place...focus and superb teamwork! :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Agreed whilst I'm optimistic and it's our best chance in a long time I won't believe it until it happens. Didn't the US FA send us a letter congratulating us on qualifying for the 94 world cup before we lost to Romania? Can't have anything jinxing it this time around!
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:39 pm

would take a disaster of enormous proportions for us not to qualify! its not just our own results its other teams aswell would have to fall into place to deny us! having said that worn all the tshirts regarding our failures since 73. :o
pembroke allan

Postby Eddie ccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Bad journalism by wales online again i see, they say in that piece we will be hoping belgium do us a favour by beating bosnia on Thursday with that meaning we only need to draw in cyprus then beat isreal to qualify, thats not true we got to win both games and hope bosnia lose to guarantee qualification, if we only draw with cyprus and beat isreal we will be on 18 points and cyprus will be on 10 if they draw with us with 3 games left meaning they could get 19 points max :oops:
Eddie ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 pm

[quote="Eddie ccfc"]Bad journalism by wales online again i see, they say in that piece we will be hoping belgium do us a favour by beating bosnia on Thursday with that meaning we only need to draw in cyprus then beat isreal to qualify, thats not true we got to win both games and hope bosnia lose to guarantee qualification, if we only draw with cyprus and beat isreal we will be on 18 points and cyprus will be on 10 if they draw with us with 3 games left meaning they could get 19 points max :oops:[/quoteyou think we will lose to andora at Home? :o
pembroke allan

Postby Reza » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:11 pm

trying to make us complacent and miss topping the group to the same belgians
Always be blue
Reza

Postby Eddie ccfc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Bad journalism by wales online again i see, they say in that piece we will be hoping belgium do us a favour by beating bosnia on Thursday with that meaning we only need to draw in cyprus then beat isreal to qualify, thats not true we got to win both games and hope bosnia lose to guarantee qualification, if we only draw with cyprus and beat isreal we will be on 18 points and cyprus will be on 10 if they draw with us with 3 games left meaning they could get 19 points max :oops:[/quoteyou think we will lose to andora at Home? :o

No course i don't think we will lose to andorra at home but you never know with wales from past experience, its not over until its over and anything can happen, did you think we would be losing in andorra and would have lost or drew if it wasn't for bale?
Eddie ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Bad journalism by wales online again i see, they say in that piece we will be hoping belgium do us a favour by beating bosnia on Thursday with that meaning we only need to draw in cyprus then beat isreal to qualify, thats not true we got to win both games and hope bosnia lose to guarantee qualification, if we only draw with cyprus and beat isreal we will be on 18 points and cyprus will be on 10 if they draw with us with 3 games left meaning they could get 19 points max :oops:
you think we will lose to andora at Home? :o

No course i don't think we will lose to andorra at home but you never know with wales from past experience, its not over until its over and anything can happen, did you think we would be losing in andorra and would have lost or drew if it wasn't for bale?

No idea as if he wasn't playing it be different scenario? Seeing as was playing that's the scenario, cannot change what happened who's to say Ramsey wouldn't have scored free kick? He's capable.
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat