' A chaotic deadline-day eve that saw Cardiff City '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:55 am

Cardiff City Transfer Deadline Day round-up: Manic 24-hours sees Marshall and Kenwyne stay but FOUR strikers leave

2 SEPTEMBER 2015

BY GARETH ROGERS

Bluebirds boss Russell Slade has had a busy end to the transfer window but ultimately he will be happy with his lot going into the international break

Kenwyne Jones and David Marshall are both wanted by other clubs

After a chaotic deadline-day eve that saw Cardiff City sign a striker and let another two go, it seemed unlikely that there would be much movement on the big day itself.

But the Bluebirds, who have a history of late business, struck again by doing a deal to send Eoin Doyle on loan to Preston on the stroke of 6pm.

The Irishman, who was in a hurry to join Cardiff eight months ago, travelled swiftly up the M6 to Preston, where he was apparently snapped mid afternoon entering their Deepdale stadium to do his medical.

Just as Big Ben struck 6pm the Bluebirds took to Twitter to announce the deal.

Doyle wasn't the only striker to leave Cardiff City on loan today. In-form Rhys Healey has been snapped up until January by Scottish Premiership outfit Dundee.

The 20-year-old, who has scored five goals in three games at academy level so far this season, has a chance to test himself in the Scottish top flight, having played for Colchester last season.

So with striker Idriss Saadi signed and Doyle, Healey, Etien Velikonja and Javi Guerra having all departed, Bluebirds boss Russell Slade will be happy with his deadline-day business, especially with Kenwyne Jones and David Marshall both remaining at the club.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' A chaotic deadline-day eve that saw Cardiff City '

Postby angelis1949 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:29 am

You paint a rosy picture, but may I draw your attention to the fact, that a number of our competitor's strengthened their squads with quality signings to handle a very long and arduous season ahead
angelis1949

Postby Overthemoon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:14 am

angelis1949 wrote:You paint a rosy picture, but may I draw your attention to the fact, that a number of our competitor's strengthened their squads with quality signings to handle a very long and arduous season ahead

Yeah and you wanted to let all of our central midfield cover to go in Gunnarsson and O'Keefe! :lol:
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby angelis1949 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 am

Overthemoon wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:You paint a rosy picture, but may I draw your attention to the fact, that a number of our competitor's strengthened their squads with quality signings to handle a very long and arduous season ahead

Yeah and you wanted to let all of our central midfield cover to go in Gunnarsson and O'Keefe! :lol:

If they were replaced by better players
angelis1949

Postby LonCar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Crazy that doyle has already been loaned out! Watch him score for fun at his new club!
LonCar

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:22 pm

LonCar wrote:Crazy that doyle has already been loaned out! Watch him score for fun at his new club!

We haven't needed him yet.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Overthemoon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:45 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

If they were replaced by better players

You ought to specify that in your posts then, but in all honesty, you wouldn't be happy if we signed Xavi & Iniesta to run our midfield, as you like a good moan!
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby pyramidblue » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:34 am

I think letting Healey go to Dundee is a good move. Slade can keep an eye on his progress and if he does well up North then maybe he will get his chance at Cardiff in the future.
pyramidblue

Return to General Chat