" Local lad sold for up to £400,000 " Cardiff let him go

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:46 am

Im sure I read Cardiff let him go?

Manchester United swoop to sign Newport County starlet Regan Poole in deadline-day deal

2nd SEPTEMBER 2015

BY RICHARD CLIFFORD

The Wales Under-17 international has left Newport County for Old Trafford

Cultured starlet Regan Poole has joined United

Newport County teenager Regan Poole completed a dream deadline-day move to Manchester United.

The 17-year-old defender moved to Old Trafford for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £100,000 but which could eventually rise to £400,000.

The Wales Under-17 international passed a medical at the club’s Carrington training ground.

More: How the intimidating Man Utd fans caused terror in Swansea

Poole, who had been on trial at both United and Liverpool, was the subject of a £60,000 bid plus add-ons from Championship side Hull before United moved in to clinch the deal.

“It’s a wonderful opportunity for him to progress at such a magnificent club,” Newport boss Terry Butcher said. “In the past few days a number of clubs have shown an interest in Regan, but as soon as Manchester United came in there was only really going to be one outcome.”

Brighton had also shown an interest in signing the young centre-back, who became Newport’s youngest ever player in 2014 when he made his debut against Shrewsbury Town aged 16 years and 94 days.

Meanwhile, Newport rejected an improved £65,000 transfer deadline-day offer from Championship club Burnley for teenage striker Aaron Collins.

Newport have signed former Dagenham & Redbridge centre-back Matt Partridge on a deal until the end of the season but defender Kevin Feely has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Local lad sold for up to £400,000 " Cardiff let him go

Postby droyal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:" Local lad sold for up to £400,000 " Cardiff let him go?

Manchester United swoop to sign Newport County starlet Regan Poole in deadline-day deal

2nd SEPTEMBER 2015

BY RICHARD CLIFFORD

Newport County teenager Regan Poole completed a dream deadline-day move to Manchester United.

The 17-year-old defender moved to Old Trafford for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £100,000 but which could eventually rise to £400,000.

The Wales Under-17 international passed a medical at the club’s Carrington training ground.

Poole, who had been on trial at both United and Liverpool, was the subject of a £60,000 bid plus add-ons from Championship side Hull before United moved in to clinch the deal.

“It’s a wonderful opportunity for him to progress at such a magnificent club,” Newport boss Terry Butcher said. “In the past few days a number of clubs have shown an interest in Regan, but as soon as Manchester United came in there was only really going to be one outcome.”

Brighton had also shown an interest in signing the young centre-back, who became Newport’s youngest ever player in 2014 when he made his debut against Shrewsbury Town aged 16 years and 94 days.

Meanwhile, Newport rejected an improved £65,000 transfer deadline-day offer from Championship club Burnley for teenage striker Aaron Collins.

Newport have signed former Dagenham & Redbridge centre-back Matt Partridge on a deal until the end of the season but defender Kevin Feely has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

Yes, sure he was with our youth set up, for me this shows, more signs our youth set up is failing, to bring players though to the first team, or sell them on, when the time is right, bet if sold on by Man Utd, Newport will get a lot more. :bluescarf:
droyal

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 am

this was a story on here when he made his newport debut! its a shame but happens in football, i think utd are edging bets on this boy as i think upto £400k is peanuts shows they are not convinced but willing to gamble, guess they feel he might be worth a few (££££££s if he makes it! hope nport have sell on clause?
pembroke allan

Postby Mr Shed » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:05 am

droyal wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" Local lad sold for up to £400,000 " Cardiff let him go?

2nd SEPTEMBER 2015

BY RICHARD CLIFFORD

Yes, sure he was with our youth set up, for me this shows, more signs our youth set up is failing, to bring players though to the first team, or sell them on, when the time is right, bet if sold on by Man Utd, Newport will get a lot more. :bluescarf:

we also let Craig Bellamy go as a youth. It's no reflection on our current youth set up, it's been happening for years at many clubs, it's the way it goes sometimes. Plus, in football £100,000 isn't a fortune.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby T1JMO » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 am

It's another Gareth Bale all over! :roll:
T1JMO

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 am

pembroke allan wrote:this was a story on here when he made his newport debut! its a shame but happens in football, i think utd are edging bets on this boy as i think upto £400k is peanuts shows they are not convinced but willing to gamble, guess they feel he might be worth a few (££££££s if he makes it! hope nport have sell on clause?

They let Pogba go so they aren't perfect themselves...............
Bluebina

Postby Fergy1927 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Alex Ferguson once passed on a young Ruud Gullit.
Fergy1927

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Just waiting for the negative posts blaming our set up of youth and that, it happens every where with clubs all over the world.. letting a youngster go because they feel they don't make the grade but other clubs will take the risk to see if they can develop them.

Yeah because when we had Regan Poole all the set up thought 'This boy is going to join United when he is 17/18. :oops:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:33 pm

If this had happened last month about 2 dozen muppets would be blaming Mr Tan about now. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:26 pm

I actually have Poole on Facebook. Cardiff City did not release him. He actually said to a Bluebird on a past status about it, and he said he wasnt getting any game time with our youth side, so him and a few others tried their luck with Newport County, as its like 7 miles away from the city centre, and he became a regular stater for their youth. With the likes of Collins, Patten, Redman, and of course Poole, its nice seeing young Welsh lads getting league football chances.

Despite the rivalry, which is more one-sides, we should start loaning players to them. Great to give our fringe players and youth the chance to play league football. :ayatollah:
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby BlueSince1908 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:53 am

Malky who hired Dick Bate, decided that Regn wasn't good enough. Left in the 2012/2013 season. Hmmm....
BlueSince1908

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:36 am

BlueSince1908 wrote:Malky who hired Dick Bate, decided that Regn wasn't good enough. Left in the 2012/2013 season. Hmmm....

Was wondering when the village idiot would blame Malky.
Right on cue
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby ThomasC » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:41 am

I want these players we have in our academies, that go on to such clubs as Man Utd to play for us, as simple as that.

Stop buying the likes of Morrison, develop our own, get these clearly talented youngsters some game time!
ThomasC

Return to General Chat