Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Asset stripping ccfc

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Asset stripping selling any player with any value and looking to build a leauge one team, it's starting to look like a lot of people were very wrong.

Try - balancing the books, holding on to our best players who have the correct attitude and building a decent team without throwing money away and making better footballing decisions.

The club has endured a lot of criticism and rightly so, it now deserves some credit because it's clear the intention is anything but a lot of things suggested. :thumbup:

Re: Asset stripping ccfc

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Asset stripping selling any player with any value and looking to build a leauge one team, it's starting to look like a lot of people were very wrong.

Try - balancing the books, holding on to our best players who have the correct attitude and building a decent team without throwing money away and making better footballing decisions.

The club has endured a lot of criticism and rightly so, it now deserves some credit because it's clear the intention is anything but a lot of things suggested. :thumbup:

Bang on! :thumbright:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Asset stripping selling any player with any value and looking to build a leauge one team, it's starting to look like a lot of people were very wrong.

bang on

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 pm

:thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Most sensible and accurate post I've read in a long time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm

I have to say that if they were being honest, a lot of people (and I include myself where Russell Slade was concerned) need to admit that we may have mis-read a number of things over the last 12 months or so, including the 'plan' VT had in place to (a) balance the books, and (b) begin the process of getting the fans back on side!

Budgets have been cut, mercenary/mis-fit players replaced by hungry 'team' players and the manager has begun to show he just might have an idea of how to do his job on a tight budget!

Only time will tell, but the signs are beginning to show a genuine attempt to 'cut our cloth' whilst trying to move forward under FFP! :thumbup:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Yup good post, they are still making steps forward. It's so nice to just concentrate on football again!

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:58 pm

There were NO proper bids for City players other than Marshall a fact. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Have Leeds signed noone ?

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:Have Leeds signed noone ?

Ive made a phone call, and its 100% NOT True :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There were NO proper bids for City players other than Marshall a fact. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who knows ?

No offence Annis, but you can't be privy to every conversation Tan, Choo , Slade and Dalman have with other clubs.

Irrespective City (Tan) had wanted to sell then they could easil have alerted other clubs and got deals done.

One exception - I think we might have been lucky with the timing of Manga's injury.

It's just nice NOT to see us selling the Crown Jewels for whatever we could get as so often happened in the past
That in itself is great to see.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:There were NO proper bids for City players other than Marshall a fact. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who knows ?

No offence Annis, but you can't be privy to every conversation Tan, Choo , Slade and Dalman have with other clubs.

Irrespective City (Tan) had wanted to sell then they could easil have alerted other clubs and got deals done.

One exception - I think we might have been lucky with the timing of Manga's injury.

It's just nice NOT to see us selling the Crown Jewels for whatever we could get as so often happened in the past

Tim,Very true,but I was kept up to date on any real bids :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:23 pm

I second guessed your post, almost to the word, the fact we didn't let Marshall go says enough to me :thumbup:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Who knows ?

I agree if we wanted to sell we would have put them out there, a lot of water has passed under the bridge, to much water for some but is it no coincidence when we have made ( small steps) off the field then things have improved on them. Can't wait for the next match, that was rare last season :bluescarf: :bluebird: :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Who knows ?

I agree if we wanted to sell we would have put them out there, a lot of water has passed under the bridge, to much water for some but is it no coincidence when we have made ( small steps) off the field then things have improved on them. Can't wait for the next match, that was rare last season :bluescarf: :bluebird: :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Yes excited with my football again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 pm

I have to admit I was one who thought the club would sell anything not nailed down during this transfer window and pretty much the opposite has happened. Whatever the truth about bids received by the club this summer the determination to keep David Marshall has shown me the club is trying to rebuild and not demolish, that has to be a massive positive.

Russell Slade is not my cup of tea but after 2 transfer windows I believe the squad is stronger and better balanced than when he arrived and he deserves credit for that. There is still some work to do but things are looking far more positive than this time last season and after ALL the nonsense over the last couple of years we are beginning to look like a football club again rather than a circus.

I hope RS proves me wrong and this season he delivers both entertaining and effective football that keeps us in the promotion mix.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Who knows ?

I'm not doubting that, but virtually all offers will start with a conversation first.
If we'd been looking to asset strip then word would soon have got out.

Looks to me like our guys have stood their ground.

I've heard lots of good things about Choo, the most important one being that Tan trusts him and listens to him.

Maybe for the first time in his reign he's got the right man in there. Someone who knows how to handle him, deal with people and negotiate properly.

It's looking more promising off the field these days. Don't you agree ?

Just need to keep up the improved form on it and the improved atmosphere amongst the fans is pretty fragile and can be destroyed by a few bad results.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Do you think that the start to the season has made tan think that we can get promotion and premier league football is the best way to get his money back?

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Do you think that the start to the season has made tan think that we can get promotion and premier league football is the best way to get his money back?

100% no doubt about it, have posted on this. He knew this before but even though it's early I think he can see it is not impossible but more difficult if he sold these players. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:41 am

Stringfellow wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

100% no doubt about it, have posted on this. He knew this before but even though it's early I think he can see it is not impossible but more difficult if he sold these players. :thumbup:

If we had received a bid for £5m for Marshall he would not be here regardless of the start we had.

Same with Jones had someone offered him the same wages he is already on.

However the start we have had is a comfort to Tan so he wont lose any sleep over not receiving the right bid for Marshall.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:45 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

If we had received a bid for £5m for Marshall he would not be here regardless of the start we had.

Same with Jones had someone offered him the same wages he is already on.

However the start we have had is a comfort to Tan so he wont lose any sleep over not receiving the right bid for Marshall.

100% agree Ian :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 am

I would have thought to sell anything or anyone you need to firstly have a buyer who is prepared to pay the asking price. If the rumours are correct, with the exception of Marshall no-one wanted to buy any of our other players. I have no idea what happened with the Marshall/WBA situation, but I'm glad it fell through because there are not many goalkeepers of his quality playing outside of the Premier League. I should think keeping Marshall and Jones here will result in us being at least 10 points better off at the end of the season than we may have been if they had been sold.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:52 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I would have thought to sell anything or anyone you need to firstly have a buyer who is prepared to pay the asking price. If the rumours are correct, with the exception of Marshall no-one wanted to buy any of our other players. I have no idea what happened with the Marshall/WBA situation, but I'm glad it fell through because there are not many goalkeepers of his quality playing outside of the Premier League. I should think keeping Marshall and Jones here will result in us being at least 10 points better off at the end of the season than we may have been if they had been sold.

:thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:41 am

So Annis what does that mean ,are you trying to say if there had been more bids we would have excepted them ,does not the refusal of w.b.a. Offer for Marshall not prove anything in your world of negativity :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:25 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

So Annis what does that mean ,are you trying to say if there had been more bids we would have excepted them ,does not the refusal of w.b.a. Offer for Marshall not prove anything in your world of negativity :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

:lol:

Steve, Me negative,when we beat Forest I walked past u happy and all u did was moan and then come on here and have a go at our fans.
Time to unite as fans and support our players :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:04 am

The days of not getting value for our players are gone under Tan. With him in charge we wouldn't have accepted 300k for Kavanagh or even 5 million for Ramsey. Ledley wouldn't have gone for nothing either.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:44 am

I look at the team after the summer transfer window of the 14/15 season under Ole Gunnar Solskjær, compared to Russell Slade's team right now..

In my opinion:

1) We have a better team.
2) Got rid of unnecessary players.
3) A reduced wage bill.
4) Not spent stupid money.
5) Have started off playing better football.

Can't complain at all right now :thumbright:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:39 pm

and the marshall bid was never really at an appropriate level.

if we have saleable players they would have gone, we had an average season and with most of our squad on wages above their performance / ability, other clubs aren't going to be interested in paying decent money for them.

its clear that the number one priority is balancing the books whilst hoping for promotion, as opposed to genuine ambition.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:43 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:

and the marshall bid was never really at an appropriate level.

if we have saleable players they would have gone, we had an average season and with most of our squad on wages above their performance / ability, other clubs aren't going to be interested in paying decent money for them.

its clear that the number one priority is balancing the books whilst hoping for promotion, as opposed to genuine ambition.

Thats how I see it.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

:lol:

Steve, Me negative,when we beat Forest I walked past u happy and all u did was moan and then come on here and have a go at our fans.
Time to unite as fans and support our players :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Still telling porkies annis .i never moaned I was over the moon .sorry if I should not of put on here what you said in the pub before the Forrest game ,I didn't realise it was not for commenting on ,by the way on the way out I questioned wether you were gutted with the result due to what you had said before the game ,and I wasn't surprised you had NO comment to make :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird: Russell sladesbarmy army ,time to get a smilie for this :sladein: