Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jefferson Montero

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Didn't cardiff almost sign him at one point ? Destroyed Chelsea last week and did the same to Newcastle today. I predict at the end of this season he'll be worth £50 million plus. World class.

Re: Jefferson Montero

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:46 pm

£50 mill? :lol:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:£50 mill? :lol:

Without doubt. Match of the day will be on soon. Have a look for yourself. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Whereami wrote:

Without doubt. Match of the day will be on soon. Have a look for yourself. :thumbup:

Yeah but 50 mill is stretching it don't you think?

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Not at all. World class.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Whereami wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Not at all. World class.

He is good but not worth 50 mill if so then Noone is worth at least 20 mill. :laughing6:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Whereami wrote:

I would but you are probably on last or last but one as usual on motd so be in bed!! :laughing6:
but 50m pennies may be about right :thumbup:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Whereami wrote:

Taking it too far, but he is a great player.........

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:28 pm

You've got to laugh at some people!!!! £50m? I admit he's a good player and potential to be worth £20m but this is laughable. Some jacks are totally delusioned.

If you're offered £20m, take it as it's worth more that the city of Swansea itself

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:55 pm

He's not £50 mil... I'd say £7-£10 mil if he keeps up his form

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:14 am

Theblues2 wrote:He's not £50 mil... I'd say £7-£10 mil if he keeps up his form

We can't call them delusional, then in the same breath trott out "£7m if he keeps his form up" :lol:

£50m is taking it a bit far imo. But only because he is at Swansea. If he played for Chelsea or Man Utd then they may command such a fee, thats the reality of the Premier League. He is being talked up by the media as the best winger in the Premier League (assuming Hazard is considered a forward) and he really is destroying defences, watching Ivanovic get anhialated time and time again was quite something I dont mind saying.

I think come the end of the season and assuming he is continuing this sort of form, then you will be getting offers from the likes of Arsenal for around £25m. His problem seems to be not scoring enough, and that will keep him out of the top bracket of transfer fees.

What irks me is we only didnt seal his signiture because his agent wanted a million more (reportedly) - yet we shelled out carte blanche on fees for Cornelius, an obvious dud.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:28 am

2 games in and he's worth 50 million. :lol:

We all know wingers blow hot and cold so let's see how he does in the winter on heavier pitches!
Don't get me wrong he has been excellent the first 2 games but 50 million really ..... Sigh ...

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:13 am

billy ronson wrote:2 games in and he's worth 50 million. :lol:

We all know wingers blow hot and cold so let's see how he does in the winter on heavier pitches!
Don't get me wrong he has been excellent the first 2 games but 50 million really ..... Sigh ...

2 games?

Hes played 30-40 games for the Jacks.

There is a video from last year on youtube where Oxlade Chamberlain is laughing with Callum Chambers on Soccer AM in a taxi after Arsenal got beat by them down the Liberty. Oxlade is interviewing Chambers and they were laughing how he got ripped to pieces by Monterro.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:13 am

That did make me laugh

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:17 am

Wiltshireblue wrote:

We can't call them delusional, then in the same breath trott out "£7m if he keeps his form up" :lol:

£50m is taking it a bit far imo. But only because he is at Swansea. If he played for Chelsea or Man Utd then they may command such a fee, thats the reality of the Premier League. He is being talked up by the media as the best winger in the Premier League (assuming Hazard is considered a forward) and he really is destroying defences, watching Ivanovic get anhialated time and time again was quite something I dont mind saying.

I think come the end of the season and assuming he is continuing this sort of form, then you will be getting offers from the likes of Arsenal for around £25m. His problem seems to be not scoring enough, and that will keep him out of the top bracket of transfer fees.

What irks me is we only didnt seal his signiture because his agent wanted a million more (reportedly) - yet we shelled out carte blanche on fees for Cornelius, an obvious dud.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but it will be clubs like Real Madrid knocking on Huw Jenkins door, that's how good i think Montero is.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:32 am

Whereami wrote:Didn't cardiff almost sign him at one point ? Destroyed Chelsea last week and did the same to Newcastle today. I predict at the end of this season he'll be worth £50 million plus. World class.

Didn't you lot say the same thing about Michu? :lol: how much did he go for after?

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 am

goats wrote:
Whereami wrote:Didn't cardiff almost sign him at one point ? Destroyed Chelsea last week and did the same to Newcastle today. I predict at the end of this season he'll be worth £50 million plus. World class.

Didn't you lot say the same thing about Michu? :lol: how much did he go for after?

Can't remember any Swans fan claiming Michu was worth £50. He could if he hadn't got injured be worth around £25 million though. Montero in his position he plays is something else.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:13 am

Whereami wrote:
goats wrote:

Can't remember any Swans fan claiming Michu was worth £50. He could if he hadn't got injured be worth around £25 million though. Montero in his position he plays is something else.

be reasonable, £50million?! :shock: :lol:

I was ITK on Montero when Cardiff were sniffing around, wife is Ecuadorian and I knew he was brilliant as he always produces for his country.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:24 am

I really struggle to take you seriously, I'm sure you do it to try and wind us up. Yes, Montero is a class player and he has played very well for you lot so far and I'm pissed off that the only reason we didn't sign him was because his agent wanted more money, but to say he will be worth £50mil at the end of the season is quite simply delusional on your part :lol: I would put him in the £20mill bracket, you're on a wind up fella. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:44 am

tenerife_blu wrote:

I really struggle to take you seriously, I'm sure you do it to try and wind us up. Yes, Montero is a class player and he has played very well for you lot so far and I'm pissed off that the only reason we didn't sign him was because his agent wanted more money, but to say he will be worth £50mil at the end of the season is quite simply delusional on your part :lol: I would put him in the £20mill bracket, you're on a wind up fella. :thumbup:

Not trying to wind up anyone, but if sterling is worth £49 million then Montero is worth more IMO of course.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 am

Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Not trying to wind up anyone, but if sterling is worth £49 million then Montero is worth more IMO of course.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but my opinion is you are way off the mark. Like I said, about £20mil and it won't be far out. I do like Montero and you're lucky to have him. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:13 am

No, I dont see Real Madrid being a potential suitor. He doesnt score enough goals and they dont play conventional wingers. To go to Madrid then you need to be like Bale or Ronaldo were in the Premier League, rip defences to shreads while chipping in with 20+ goals a season - they will then convert you to a forward. He has also has a spell in La Liga and didnt pull up any trees so maybe isnt suited to La Liga.

He will certainly be staying in England as he suits the English game so well, he will know this also. So back to the question of how much. I dont actually think you are as crazy as everyone says, I certainly see your comparison with Sterling and yes, he just went for the same figure. But he is English and there is a premium attached, not to mention the buying party was Man City and they were dealing with a massive club. All that combined was the reasons Sterling went for £49m.

The only team I can see him going to is Arsenal and maybe Liverpool, im not sure he would fit in with the other big teams style. I am pretty sure Huw Jenkins wouldnt accept a bid of £20m. But £25m+ and I think he would be on his way woth everybodies blessing. Thats being realistic.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:15 am

tenerife_blu wrote:
Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion of course but my opinion is you are way off the mark. Like I said, about £20mil and it won't be far out. I do like Montero and you're lucky to have him. :thumbup:

In that case is sterling worth £49 million?. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays all season like he can, a club likes Real Madrid, Barcelona come in for him and if that's the case £50 million could be realistic.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:20 am

Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

In that case is sterling worth £49 million?. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays all season like he can, a club likes Real Madrid, Barcelona come in for him and if that's the case £50 million could be realistic.

clearly your on a wind-up.....to get mentioned to play for Madrid and Barcelona you need more than what Montero has to offer.

Give us his record breaking stats then....what's his goals to games ratio?

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 am

Wiltshireblue wrote:No, I dont see Real Madrid being a potential suitor. He doesnt score enough goals and they dont play conventional wingers. To go to Madrid then you need to be like Bale or Ronaldo were in the Premier League, rip defences to shreads while chipping in with 20+ goals a season - they will then convert you to a forward. He has also has a spell in La Liga and didnt pull up any trees so maybe isnt suited to La Liga.

He will certainly be staying in England as he suits the English game so well, he will know this also. So back to the question of how much. I dont actually think you are as crazy as everyone says, I certainly see your comparison with Sterling and yes, he just went for the same figure. But he is English and there is a premium attached, not to mention the buying party was Man City and they were dealing with a massive club. All that combined was the reasons Sterling went for £49m.

The only team I can see him going to is Arsenal and maybe Liverpool, im not sure he would fit in with the other big teams style. I am pretty sure Huw Jenkins wouldnt accept a bid of £20m. But £25m+ and I think he would be on his way woth everybodies blessing. Thats being realistic.

good post mate :thumbup: agree with that assessment. Montero does not score goals week-in week-out like other top
players do from wide areas

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:32 am

ThomasC wrote:
Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

clearly your on a wind-up.....to get mentioned to play for Madrid and Barcelona you need more than what Montero has to offer.

He's a goal creator and i don't believe just because he doesn't score many goals a club like Real Madrid wouldn't be interested. In many ways He's a perfect Real Madrid player, explosive, exciting, makes things happen and gets fans at the edge of their seats. Hopefully no club will come in for him.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:36 am

Whereami wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Whereami wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

He's a goal creator and i don't believe just because he doesn't score many goals a club like Real Madrid wouldn't be interested. In many ways He's a perfect Real Madrid player, explosive, exciting, makes things happen and gets fans at the edge of their seats. Hopefully no club will come in for him.

that's were we'll have to disagree, in his position he would have to chip in with at least 15 goals a season to play for a club of that stature. Nice debating with you, I think he is a fantastic player & as other posters have suggested, his game is more suited to the high-tempo Premier League where a bid from the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool is not far-fetched :thumbup:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:42 am

Lolololololololoololoooloooooolo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:42 am

I disagree. I think £25-30m max purely because he isn't British so doesn't carry the extra premium a British player would. If he was British, a few years younger, continued to play this well and got a few goals to go with it he could easily be worth £50m. Montero looks like a raw Nani cross Valencia. He has the power and strength of Valencia but also the trickery at times of Nani and can beat a man with ease.

The fact is, even on current form, he's probably worth more than our entire outfield first team combined. I really don't understand why Cardiff City fans at the moment engage Swansea fans. They are better than us in every single department you can name.

On the pitch - better
Finances - better
Owner - better
Conducting of business - better

Its like watching Harrison argue with Klitshcko at times. Its ridiculous.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 am

10 mill at a Max for a average winger.

25+ haha