Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jefferson Montero

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:10 mill at a Max for a average winger.

25+ haha

The thing is it'll take a lot more than the £4m we paid for Jeff to temp us, great position to be in and the big boys know this

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:04 pm

And they will sell him as the Jacks are a selling club and feeder to the better teams in the prem :sleepy2:

Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 am

I remember when Michu was supposedly worth £25m....

Saying that, Montero is a class act and won't be a one season wonder like the Spaniard.

Is he consistent enough to move to a top club though?

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:20 am

According to the font of wisdom that is Leighton James he's got suspect hamstring issues. I know we were very close to signing him but his agent at the time tried to f**k us over. He duly sacked his agent after we pulled the plug on the deal.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 am

mjw6150 wrote:I remember when Michu was supposedly worth £25m....

Saying that, Montero is a class act and won't be a one season wonder like the Spaniard.

Is he consistent enough to move to a top club though?

Michu that season was unplayable and worth in the experts opinions £25 million. he's gone both Club wise and internationally due to his injury problem. Montero is young with the potential to become a great player maybe not in the mould of Bale or the like but still a player you'd pay to watch .Swansea continue to bring players to the Club and like all Clubs will sell when the timing and money is right and the longer and higher they stay in the PL then those player values will increase .

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:48 pm

People act as if Michu's gone to garbage, he's not and he never played badly for us but injuries have simply ruined his career. In the Premier League has was a one season wonder, because injuries only meant he could have one season. If he'd have stayed fit he would be a £20 million player, it's a good job for us that we can easily recover from losing someone so valuable for nothing by buying the likes of Ayew, Sigurdsson and Montero for a combined £20 million.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Montero will go for the £20m mark if this form of his continues. £50m if he was English perhaps as they go for whacky prices but come on that is a gross over estimation.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Montero will go for the £20m mark if this form of his continues. £50m if he was English perhaps as they go for whacky prices but come on that is a gross over estimation.

What has the fact that he's not English got to do with it. This guy is so good IMO that Real Madrid, Barcelona may even be interested and if that was to happen £50 million would IMO be realistic.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Whereami wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Montero will go for the £20m mark if this form of his continues. £50m if he was English perhaps as they go for whacky prices but come on that is a gross over estimation.

What has the fact that he's not English got to do with it. This guy is so good IMO that Real Madrid, Barcelona may even be interested and if that was to happen £50 million would IMO be realistic.

English players have a premium, don't know why but that seems to be the case. Look at John Stones ffs. You think he will go for £50m I will have a little charity bet with you that he won't.

If he goes for £45 million or less you have to give £50 to a charity of my choice and vise versa if he goes for more.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:58 pm

When he scores 20 goals in a season. screamers from outside the area like bale did. Then madrid or barca will come calling.

Most would have barely heard of him until this year. Two games.

Barcelona just sold alexis sanchez for less than youre on about FFS

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Memphis depay just scored two great goals and he went for 25. And hes 21

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:49 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Whereami wrote:

English players have a premium, don't know why but that seems to be the case. Look at John Stones ffs. You think he will go for £50m I will have a little charity bet with you that he won't.

If he goes for £45 million or less you have to give £50 to a charity of my choice and vise versa if he goes for more.

There is a premium on top english talent because the squad must have a certain number of home grown players in it. For every top homegrown player you acquire, it frees up another space for a foreigner where your shopping list is virtually endless.

But as has been mentioned several times already, he does not fit into either Barca or Reals formation, he is not a goalscorer so cant be converted to a goalscoring forward and has already had a failed attempt at La Liga, he doesnt suit the league.

He will almost certainly be staying in England, and if he were to move then the only real fit is Arsenal or Liverpool who certainly wont be shelling out anything over £30m for a foreigner from a small to mid sized prem club.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:39 pm

WhereamI, Whereareyou?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:WhereamI, Whereareyou?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

He doesn't know where he is as always on here instead of Swans board! :laughing6:

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:32 am

pembroke allan wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

He doesn't know where he is as always on here instead of Swans board! :laughing6:

that's true Allan :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:49 pm

:ayatollah:

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:21 pm

:laughing6:

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:30 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

:laughing6:

Easy to criticise our fans bad club when winning now. First sign of very bad spell the want monk out :laughing6:

Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:09 pm

balkanblue wrote:I disagree. I think £25-30m max purely because he isn't British so doesn't carry the extra premium a British player would. If he was British, a few years younger, continued to play this well and got a few goals to go with it he could easily be worth £50m. Montero looks like a raw Nani cross Valencia. He has the power and strength of Valencia but also the trickery at times of Nani and can beat a man with ease.

The fact is, even on current form, he's probably worth more than our entire outfield first team combined. I really don't understand why Cardiff City fans at the moment engage Swansea fans. They are better than us in every single department you can name.

On the pitch - better
Finances - better
Owner - better
Conducting of business - better

Its like watching Harrison argue with Klitshcko at times. Its ridiculous.

So says a true swansea fan! :thumbup:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Whereami wrote:Didn't cardiff almost sign him at one point ? Destroyed Chelsea last week and did the same to Newcastle today. I predict at the end of this season he'll be worth £50 million plus. World class.

Swansea. Jeff Montero going to Emelec on loan. Ecuadorian club. Going for Copa Libertadores.

I wonder if they will get an option to buy him for 50 million :wave: :wave:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Junior hoilett is now worth 100m - decided.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:06 pm

a two pager and only about two Cardiff fans on it, the rest are Jack multi's...... potential jack relegation must be hurting this forums revenue streams :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:54 am

llan bluebird wrote:a two pager and only about two Cardiff fans on it, the rest are Jack multi's...... potential jack relegation must be hurting this forums revenue streams :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Blues are going up and the Jacks are going down....

we're going uuuuup!