Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Wales is Blue

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Went to folly farm today with the family. First thing I saw was a jb shirt and I thought please no more (fat chav with Lonsdale trainers). Place was reasonably busy and lots of kids walking around in a variety of shirts from egg chasers to glory Man U fans.

Over course of day I counted 10 Ccfc shirts and 7 jacks. All of the Ccfc were worn by kids. Jbs were 3 adult and 4 kids.

West Wales is blue.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: West Wales is Blue

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:06 pm

That's settled then. Don't worry I'm sure Pembroke will back you up on that.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:37 pm

loughorriotsquad wrote:That's settled then. Don't worry I'm sure Pembroke will back you up on that.

Knew I'd get a bite

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
loughorriotsquad wrote:That's settled then. Don't worry I'm sure Pembroke will back you up on that.

Knew I'd get a bite

A bite?!?! Christ man, theres going to be a RIOT!
In Loughor! :laughing5: :laughing5: :lol:

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Surprised he had the time to bite to be honest! Organising and participating in riots in Lougher must be a full time occupation. Non- stop mayhem in those badlands out west.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 pm

nahh swansea fans believe they have taken over the world so who am i to argue with them? mind you as i said ladt week not one swans fan to be seen in tenby but 2ccfc shirts on Sunday! i think its because scfc fans don't lke wearing their colours so dont see them :thumbup:

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:42 pm

I wouldn't get too excited perhaps it's only poor people go on their hols in West Wales , looking at the tangible low attendance figures and season ticket sales I'm more concerned that Cardiff isn't blue so a day trip to a farm isn't a real indication on how big or small a Club is , or is it ? :shock:

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Since the colour chamber back to blue, I'm seeing a lot more Cardiff shirts around Bridgend. But sadly The Afan Valley is jack territory, even though they don't have a coach as of yet. Still the regular coach goes for every home and away game from here though for Cardiff :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:00 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Since the colour chamber back to blue, I'm seeing a lot more Cardiff shirts around Bridgend. But sadly The Afan Valley is jack territory, even though they don't have a coach as of yet. Still the regular coach goes for every home and away game from here though for Cardiff :ayatollah:

Bridgend is split. Still alot of cardiff fans but plenty of jacks have come from under the floorboards. I see alot of them in work

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:56 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:Since the colour chamber back to blue, I'm seeing a lot more Cardiff shirts around Bridgend. But sadly The Afan Valley is jack territory, even though they don't have a coach as of yet. Still the regular coach goes for every home and away game from here though for Cardiff :ayatollah:

Bridgend is split. Still alot of cardiff fans but plenty of jacks have come from under the floorboards. I see alot of them in work

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's split, there are more and more coming from under the floorboards as you said but they don't have any pubs or anything whereas there are still plenty of Cardiff pubs such as bryntiruon football club, old castle, red dragon, Royal Oak etc ... Though I do fear that the longer the gulf exists more kids will want to follow them

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 am

I will, I've lived down Pembrokeshire way several times in the last 25 years, I rarely see any jack tops around the havens, St David's or chaverfordwest. Always see a few bluebirds. It's the way it is down that way, a lot of cardiff folks have places thus far west so I think it's become a bit of an enclave of most fair weather fans I grant you. Liverpool will always be the main team in pembs, none of them have been to a field mind. Not that many jacks west of Carmarthen, strange but true.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:25 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's split, there are more and more coming from under the floorboards as you said but they don't have any pubs or anything whereas there are still plenty of Cardiff pubs such as bryntiruon football club, old castle, red dragon, Royal Oak etc ... Though I do fear that the longer the gulf exists more kids will want to follow them

Plenty of plastics in South Wales. We've just shed at least 10,000 of them, the jacks have probably gained the same ones :lol:
They are welcome to them aswell.....

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am

goats wrote:

I will, I've lived down Pembrokeshire way several times in the last 25 years, I rarely see any jack tops around the havens, St David's or chaverfordwest. Always see a few bluebirds. It's the way it is down that way, a lot of cardiff folks have places thus far west so I think it's become a bit of an enclave of most fair weather fans I grant you. Liverpool will always be the main team in pembs, none of them have been to a field mind. Not that many jacks west of Carmarthen, strange but true.

It's far from true. I live in west wales and there are many Swansea fans down here now and the numbers are growing all the time.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 am

Keep West Wales BLUE :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 am

Whereami wrote:
goats wrote:

It's far from true. I live in west wales and there are many Swansea fans down here now and the numbers are growing all the time.

Yeah yeah where you live? They all say this but I or any of the countless cardiff folks I know ever see any.....mind you 10 years ago you lot denied port talbot was blue aswell......like I said it might well be true now but you are welcome to them

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:17 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Went to folly farm today with the family. First thing I saw was a jb shirt and I thought please no more (fat chav with Lonsdale trainers). Place was reasonably busy and lots of kids walking around in a variety of shirts from egg chasers to glory Man U fans.

Over course of day I counted 10 Ccfc shirts and 7 jacks. All of the Ccfc were worn by kids. Jbs were 3 adult and 4 kids.

West Wales is blue.

How sad, counting replica shirts when you should be making sure the kids are having a good time. Get a life mun.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 am

xajax wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Went to folly farm today with the family. First thing I saw was a jb shirt and I thought please no more (fat chav with Lonsdale trainers). Place was reasonably busy and lots of kids walking around in a variety of shirts from egg chasers to glory Man U fans.

West Wales is blue.

How sad, counting replica shirts when you should be making sure the kids are having a good time. Get a life mun.

Says someone who loiters on a rival's site waiting for posts to feel outraged at :laughing6:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:43 am

goats wrote:
Whereami wrote:
goats wrote:

Yeah yeah where you live? They all say this but I or any of the countless cardiff folks I know ever see any.....mind you 10 years ago you lot denied port talbot was blue aswell......like I said it might well be true now but you are welcome to them

I live in Pembroke itself, before that I was in kidwelly and and the truth is there are probably x 10 more swansea fans in west wales than cardiff. I'm regularly in carmarthen and I can honestly say every time I'm there there are Swansea tops on show and no cardiff.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:49 am

I'm afraid the honest truth is you don't see many Cardiff tops any where and that includes within Cardiff :o , numbers are falling rapidly and if Swansea continue to outperform Cardiff in all aspects then I can only see a further reduction in support.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:08 am

xajax wrote:

West Wales is blue.

Says someone who loiters on a rival's site waiting for posts to feel outraged at :laughing6:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
xajax wrote:

West Wales is blue.

You are confusing "Outraged", with Piss Taking. Point taken about lurking, but without lurking I cant post serious comments or piss takes. :D

You must admit that counting shirts is a bit sad though isn't it. Especially when both clubs have less supporters than the likes of Liverpool, Munure, Chelsea ETC. :(

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Knew I'd get a bite

:happy1: :D

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Plynlymonbluebird wrote:Surprised he had the time to bite to be honest! Organising and participating in riots in Lougher must be a full time occupation. Non- stop mayhem in those badlands out west.

F**k me you're funny.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

nahh swansea fans believe they have taken over the world so who am i to argue with them? mind you as i said ladt week not one swans fan to be seen in tenby but 2ccfc shirts on Sunday! i think its because scfc fans don't lke wearing their colours so dont see them :thumbup:

Swans fans think they've taken over the world? Coming from the club that's "bigger than Barcelona of course" :lol:

You've got all these fans everywhere it's a shame they've stopped going to games. Still taking 500 fans to QPR for the first away day of the season is pretty impressive for a sliding championship team.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:45 pm

goats wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Plenty of plastics in South Wales. We've just shed at least 10,000 of them, the jacks have probably gained the same ones :lol:
They are welcome to them aswell.....

That's funny because your club always did pride yourself on having more fans and so much potential. Remind me how that's going again.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 pm

loughorriotsquad wrote:
Plynlymonbluebird wrote:Surprised he had the time to bite to be honest! Organising and participating in riots in Lougher must be a full time occupation. Non- stop mayhem in those badlands out west.

F**k me you're funny.

A sensitive soul from Swansea! Not just funny but alliterative as well!

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 pm

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Of course a lot of the plastic Jerks will come out of the woodwork the nearer you get to the caravan park. They seem to think that they can be brave now as 1 or 2 are wearing the most expensive toilet paper on the market! Lougher Riot Squad why aren't you concentrating more on the fact the love in between you and your Cewnty cousins is growing stronger- check your message board. Even mates who are Jacks say its getting a joke!! Secondly can you or any other Jack put your hand on heart and say that Swansea is the biggest and best supported club in Wales [ you know the country that you lot rarely go and see away- and when you do, you hide your white shite shirts ). :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Can't believe our rivalry with the Jacks has resorted to counting shirts at f*cking folly farm :laughing5:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:02 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Can't believe our rivalry with the Jacks has resorted to counting shirts at f*cking folly farm :laughing5:

I do , there's now very little in common between the Clubs both on and off the pitch . :o