Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andrew Taylor

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Signs for Reading
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Andrew Taylor

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Average player who got a nose bleed when he got close to the opposition by line.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Nothing special but did his job. :thumbright:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Probably our best left back since Leggy, did a great job

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm

decent player with a good left foot. We havent had anyone as good as him at LB since he left.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Done a good job for us end of the day. Didn't set the world alight but was a consistent part of the best defence we've had in modern history.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:55 pm

One of my favourite players :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Bog standard left back, but still better than what we have now. Looking at the squad, I think full back is our weakest area (both sides).

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:56 pm

I always liked him. Nice guy to talk to off field also

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 pm

James the bluebird fan wrote:Average player who got a nose bleed when he got close to the opposition by line.

Not had a better left back since he left, his ball distribution was superb but had his flaws. Decent pro :thumbup:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:07 pm

I'll go out on a limb and say Scott Malone is better...

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:10 pm

He loved his passes sideways and backwards, didn't he? Also loved shouting shit at other people if ever he made a mistake...

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Absolute mare at Prem level completely lost his head. One of the better performers in 12-13 though.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Shocking full back. No positional sense and couldn't defend.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 pm

He was absolutely abysmal. I can't recall the name of the clown who thought he'd make a Premier League player out of him, together with a few other journeymen. It cost us our Premiership place :twisted:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:14 pm

He was a dependable player that tailed off during the time we were getting trounced every game.

Short memories.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:He was a dependable player that tailed off during the time we were getting trounced every game.

Short memories.

You can look though my comment history if you like. Always said he was shite.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Awful defender

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Expected so much more from him. Average on a good day, but he didn't have many good days.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:44 am

I used to find him so frustrating - backing off, backing off, backing off, back...

He would never get that first tackle in early, so many crosses came in from that left-hand side, due to him not closing his man down.

A less than average Championship player.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:18 am

A battler :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 am

I thought he was our most improved player in the Promotion year but then struggled in the prem!

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 am

Worked hard and was in the top 3 for me among the best players of that season with Marshall and Hudson.

Had a good cross on him too, brilliant in the first 2 seasons for us.. Premier league he was woeful for us which was sad because he was brilliant first 2 seasons. Best of luck, deserves to be playing at this level no doubt.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:50 pm

I didn't mind him, he had his faults though.

I did feel we should have got in another Left back when we went up instead of a million RB's :lol:

Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Shocking defender, almost as bad as Fabio

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Andrew Taylor, Kevin McNaughton, Mark Hudson, Peter Whittingham, Don Cowie, Nicky Maynard, Declan John:

A) What's the connection?
B) What's the significance in terms of where we find ourselves today and our future?
C) Who is the main culprit, and who is nearly as culpible?

Answers on a postcard please to:

The Curator
The Missed Opportunity Society
CCFC
Leckwith
Cardiff

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:Done a good job for us end of the day. Didn't set the world alight but was a consistent part of the best defence we've had in modern history.

sadly that isn't enough for some. they expect roberto carlos :lol:

he was a 7 or 8/10 player every week for us in the championship with a top attitude. we are sadly lacking players like that that turn up every week and give a good performance. good luck to him.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:55 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Done a good job for us end of the day. Didn't set the world alight but was a consistent part of the best defence we've had in modern history.

sadly that isn't enough for some. they expect roberto carlos :lol:

he was a 7 or 8/10 player every week for us in the championship with a top attitude. we are sadly lacking players like that that turn up every week and give a good performance. good luck to him.

Totally agree :thumbup: I do think however the bad attitude players are mostly gone and this lot will show more fight :thumbup: