Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE LATEST NEWS - BELLAMY, LEDLEY AND VINCENT TAN

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I have spoken today with somebody from inside the club and what I have been told is fantastic news.

Firstly, when I said that DJ was in Malaysia trying to convince Vincent Tan to put more money in, it would seem that DJ done us proud. Vincent Tan has agreed to back DJ's bid to sign Bellamy and my source has said ' the deal is not dead, Tan is backing the bid but there is still a lot to work out, City upped their offer last week but are still to come to an agreed figure with Man City and also there is still work to be done with Bellamy too '.

Will we sign Bellamy ? I truly hope so but it is not a normal situation, as I have said many times, so we will wait and see, but we are talking about signing him still and are still negotiating with Man City, go back to January and this situation would have been a distant dream and years away, not anymore, it is happening :ayatollah:

Secondly, Cardiff have upped their offer to Ledley and I have been told that the club believes it to be ' an incredible deal ', the club wont be offering any more money and the ball is firmly in Ledley's court, it is down to Joe now. The club is talking to all the players who have little time remaining on their contracts and they are doing their best to keep those players happy.

Thirdly, the Malaysians do not want and will not sell any of the players they wish to keep, your Bothroyd's, Chopra's and Whittingham's will not be sold unless it is silly money. They believe that the club has a squad, which with some additions can mount a serious challenge. For the first time in 40 years Cardiff City FC do not have to sell a player to fund our season. We now have owners and backers who want to take the club forward and will give the manager the backing to do so. Unlike every other season, where DJ has had to sell to be able to bring in he can now keep his squad together and add to it.

This is really positive news and which we should be delighted with. These are good times for us and I believe we are on our way up and the way we are going it is WHEN AND NOT IF.

The club is going in the direction we have all wanted for so long, it won't happen overnight and there is still a call for patience for the Malaysians to have time to settle in but everything is on the up and Vincent Tan, from what I am being told, has got the bug to have a crack at it.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Re: THE LATEST NEWS - BELLAMY, LEDLEY AND VINCENT TAN

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Cheers Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Woohoo! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 pm

but if were offering joe all this money arent the likes of bothroyd, whittingham etc who's contracts all end at the end of the season going to be asking for a hell of alot more money than what their on. bothroyd is far more important than ledley therefore wont he expect to be on the same wages??? think the club should just let him go and get a better replacement on less wages

Worth waiting for, excellent news Carl

Really think Bellamy could come next year be amazing!!

:ayatollah: yes good news

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Cheers Carl, FANTASTIC news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: (bet your ears were burning this afternoon :lol: )

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CHEERS CARL!

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, THE FUTURE IS CARDIFF!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

fantastic news carl thanks for keeping us in the loop

For the first time in 40 years Cardiff City FC do not have to sell a player to fund our season.

this in itself has brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye

come on you bluebirds :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:01 pm

That put butterflies in my belly, Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:01 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:fantastic news carl thanks for keeping us in the loop

For the first time in 40 years Cardiff City FC do not have to sell a player to fund our season.

this in itself has brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye

come on you bluebirds :ayatollah:

That for me is the important piec, Nips :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have spoken today with somebody from inside the club and what I have been told is fantastic news.

Firstly, when I said that DJ was in Malaysia trying to convince Vincent Tan to put more money in, it would seem that DJ done us proud. Vincent Tan has agreed to back DJ's bid to sign Bellamy and my source has said ' the deal is not dead, Tan is backing the bid but there is still a lot to work out, City upped their offer last week but are still to come to an agreed figure with Man City and also there is still work to be done with Bellamy too '.

Will we sign Bellamy ? I truly hope so but it is not a normal situation, as I have said many times, so we will wait and see, but we are talking about signing him still and are still negotiating with Man City, go back to January and this situation would have been a distant dream and years away, not anymore, it is happening :ayatollah:

Secondly, Cardiff have upped their offer to Ledley and I have been told that the club believes it to be ' an incredible deal ', the club wont be offering any more money and the ball is firmly in Ledley's court, it is done to Joe now. The club is talking to all the players who have little time remaining on their contracts and they are doing their best to keep those players happy.

Thirdly, the Malaysians do not want and will not sell any of the players they wish to keep, your Bothroyd's, Chopra's and Whittingham's will not be sold unless it is silly money. They believe that the club has a squad, which with some additions can mount a serious challenge. For the first time in 40 years Cardiff City FC do not have to sell a player to fund our season. We now have owners and backers who want to take the club forward and will give the manager the backing to do so. Unlike every other season, where DJ has had to sell to be able to bring in he can now keep his squad together and add to it.

This is really positive news and which we should be delighted with. These are good times for us and I believe we are on our way up and the way we are going it is WHEN AND NOT IF.

The club is going in the direction we have all wanted for so long, it won't happen overnight and there is still a call for patience for the Malaysians to have time to settle in but everything is on the up and Vincent Tan, from what I am being told, has got the bug to have a crack at it.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Nice one LEGEND !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 pm

carl, do you know if tan will be opening his wallet on other players?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Nice one Carl again. :ayatollah:

Bringing players in is important but what is more so if keeping the squad together. At the moment we have a squad that can challenge, even with the departure of Ledley, but with additions then perhaps we can go ofr an auto. With additions like Bellamy well we should not tempt fate but..........promoted by Chirstmas. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:17 pm

FAO SWANSEA FANS READING

SHOVE THAT UP YOUR OLD MANS JAPSEYE YOU SIX FINGERED DOLE CLAIMING PEG SELLING CUNTS :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Sir you have a way with words!

Oh and by the way, I happen to agree with everyone of them.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Ben wrote:FAO SWANSEA FANS READING

SHOVE THAT UP YOUR OLD MANS JAPSEYE YOU SIX FINGERED DOLE CLAIMING PEG SELLING CUNTS :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Ben wrote:FAO SWANSEA FANS READING

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Fingers Crossed then

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Thats all positive Carl, but I'm certain we will need additional investment if we are going to bulk up the squad as required and pay the wage bill until Xmas (when I'm sure season tickets will go back on sale).

I just worry, after past experiences that the club will be taking out more loans.

See what the last 10 years have done to me !

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks for the update Carl. Got to love all this news eh? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Brilliant News Carl.........oh my god im sooooooo excited, I do hope they pull this off and Bellamy comes to us & Ledley & the rest of the boys stay....how amazing :D

Excellent post yet again I salute you Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Good news but a little underwhelming for me. We have weaknesses throughout the spine of the team, A midfielder and centre half are a more pressing need as is a target man. I fear that Jones will not address the problems others are pointing out, just to do things his way.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:Good news but a little underwhelming for me. We have weaknesses throughout the spine of the team, A midfielder and centre half are a more pressing need as is a target man. I fear that Jones will not address the problems others are pointing out, just to do things his way.

He HAS to do it his way. Football management is no place for the weak-minded or democrat.

If he fails he'll be out.

if he reacted to every message boarder whim the club would have a revolving door. Most of the current squad would have been binned in the past.

Look how many slag or have slagged Ledley, Whittingham, Burke (yes 08/09), Marshall,McCormack, McPhail, Bothroyd (yes loads thought he was a waste of space from his perfomance in the FIRST FECKIN freindly he plaed in - Chasetown away), even Chopra has come in for it. And thats not even mentioning some of the favourite targets :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Jones has blatantly been give TAN a blow job and playing with his ass :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Gerry Hat Trick wrote:Good news but a little underwhelming for me. We have weaknesses throughout the spine of the team, A midfielder and centre half are a more pressing need as is a target man. I fear that Jones will not address the problems others are pointing out, just to do things his way.

He HAS to do it his way. Football management is no place for the weak-minded or democrat.

If he fails he'll be out.

if he reacted to every message boarder whim the club would have a revolving door. Most of the current squad would have been binned in the past.

Look how many slag or have slagged Ledley, Whittingham, Burke (yes 08/09), Marshall,McCormack, McPhail, Bothroyd (yes loads thought he was a waste of space from his perfomance in the FIRST FECKIN freindly he plaed in - Chasetown away), even Chopra has come in for it. And thats not even mentioning some of the favourite targets :lol:

I would have thought we would have learned after the Hasselbaink Fowler debacle. It is however pleasing to hear that we don't intend to be selling anyone and in that respect Jones will have no excuses at the end of the season.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Cheers Carl :D Oh Happy Days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:32 pm

After previous regimes im finding myself being very cautious these days, the thought of signing one of the best players in the prem last season just sounds to good to be true. If we did keep Bellamy is vital we keep hold of WItts and McPhail

I still cant see us keep Joe which is a shame as I thought he looked a lot better after his hip ops.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I still cant see us keep Joe which is a shame as I thought he looked a lot better after his hip ops.

Isn't "Hip Ops" some kind of new music thing! :) :old:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Fantastic news as ever Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: