Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whitts in playoff Final......

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:20 am

Was watching the Blackpool playoff on Sky sports yesterday and Whitts was awesome. Playing very attacking behind Chops & Jay, pulling quality passes out and always looking to get forward. I lost count how many times he made it into the box. He set up Chops inside 3 minutes where he hit post but crossed from a 1-2 with Bothroyd from the Byeline. It was his pass that put C hops in for the first, and his pass that put Ledley in for the 2nd.

My question, or point, is this is the Whitts we need back. Not the defensive, lateral passing midfielder he has turned into. This is also the Whitts that people on here idolise. Dont get me wrong I know he has 5 years more on the tank now but if he put this level of effort in we all know what he can do.

Im no longer a Whitts fan but if he could play as attacking as he did in that season I am more than happy to be persuaded again.

Come on Whitts time to have a confident season... Trust in your ability!

Re: Whitts in playoff Final......

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:35 am

It's almost like successive managers have misused him. But that's def his fault. :roll:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Was watching the Blackpool playoff on Sky sports yesterday and Whitts was awesome. Playing very attacking behind Chops & Jay, pulling quality passes out and always looking to get forward. I lost count how many times he made it into the box. He set up Chops inside 3 minutes where he hit post but crossed from a 1-2 with Bothroyd from the Byeline. It was his pass that put C hops in for the first, and his pass that put Ledley in for the 2nd.

My question, or point, is this is the Whitts we need back. Not the defensive, lateral passing midfielder he has turned into. This is also the Whitts that people on here idolise. Dont get me wrong I know he has 5 years more on the tank now but if he put this level of effort in we all know what he can do.

Im no longer a Whitts fan but if he could play as attacking as he did in that season I am more than happy to be persuaded again.

Malky ruined Whitts by putting him in the Defensive midfield role , he played best under Dave Jones when Jones had him as an attacking midfielder

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:36 am

darran1927 wrote:Malky ruined Whitts by putting him in the Defensive midfield role , he played best under Dave Jones when Jones had him as an attacking midfielder

In short, exactly this.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:11 pm

darran1927 wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:Was watching the Blackpool playoff on Sky sports yesterday and Whitts was awesome. Playing very attacking behind Chops & Jay, pulling quality passes out and always looking to get forward. I lost count how many times he made it into the box. He set up Chops inside 3 minutes where he hit post but crossed from a 1-2 with Bothroyd from the Byeline. It was his pass that put C hops in for the first, and his pass that put Ledley in for the 2nd.

Malky ruined Whitts by putting him in the Defensive midfield role , he played best under Dave Jones when Jones had him as an attacking midfielder

I would say there is some truth in that but I can remember Whitts going MIA during the Jones years as well.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:15 pm

I thought Mcphail also had a good game he assisted the first goal but it was our underbelly defending which cost us.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:49 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:I thought Mcphail also had a good game he assisted the first goal but it was our underbelly defending which cost us.

Whittingham with that first assist :thumbright:

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 am

RFMH wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I thought Mcphail also had a good game he assisted the first goal but it was our underbelly defending which cost us.

My mistake I havent watched it for a long time I thought Mcphail assisted one of the goals but watched it back now Whitts with both assists. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:17 am

Whitts was awesome that season. 23 goals if i'm not mistaken.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
RFMH wrote:

My mistake I havent watched it for a long time I thought Mcphail assisted one of the goals but watched it back now Whitts with both assists. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Think McPhail had a good game though, his handball aside he was one of the few (Whitts, Chops, Ledley) who came out with any cred that day.

Marshall looked like crosses were his mum coming to tell him off
McNaughton and Kennedy forgot what defending was
Hudson shouldn't have been playing, Gerrard and Blake were a better pair at the time.
Burke was his typical self when the pressure was on (anonymous)
Etuhu was ass
Rossi did ok I guess
Bothroyd was ok until he went off.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:54 pm

RFMH wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
RFMH wrote:

Think McPhail had a good game though, his handball aside he was one of the few (Whitts, Chops, Ledley) who came out with any cred that day.

Marshall looked like crosses were his mum coming to tell him off
McNaughton and Kennedy forgot what defending was
Hudson shouldn't have been playing, Gerrard and Blake were a better pair at the time.
Burke was his typical self when the pressure was on (anonymous)
Etuhu was ass
Rossi did ok I guess
Bothroyd was ok until he went off.

Can't argue with that. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah: