Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Tan has promised '

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Tan has promised Slade funds to spend on new players if the deal with David Marshall goes through :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So far Slade has had to wheel and deal in the transfer market with No funds.

Re: ' Tan has promised '

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 pm

We don't really need any more players imo but if Marshall does go then a sum of that money should be used to replace him.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:19 pm

He Plays on the Wright wrote:We don't really need any more players imo but if Marshall does go then a sum of that money should be used to replace him.

I agree we don't need any more players I think the team is good enough. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:26 pm

The "not so" hidden message in that statement is that Tan is selling Marshall.

I sense this could be another Graham Kavanagh moment from Marshall.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:46 pm

He Plays on the Wright wrote:We don't really need any more players imo but if Marshall does go then a sum of that money should be used to replace him.

moore can step up....we dont need to spend money on a keeper just yet. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Why are lots of people saying more can do the job, he is ok as backup, but we need a better keeper than him, someone like Hennessy :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Wow, how nice of him. :roll:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:26 pm

All the parachute money we've had and we can only spend a fee when we've lost our best player??

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:30 pm

A bit late now. Yes we need to pull in the purse strings but the club have not spent a penny on players this summer and very little in the January window even though we are still on parachute payments. In contrast quality players have been and still are being offloaded. The squad is a lot weaker at the start of this season compared to last.

We do need to offload more players but more should have been off the books by now. Unfortunately I think the club have shot themselves in the foot by not bringing in about 3 quality players. This would give us some hope of promotion ( none at the moment) and drawn many of the missing fans back. There is hardly any change to last years squad so what is there to believe that the abysmal football will not be carried over from last season. The pre season games are meaningless and give no indication whatsoever how a team will perform during the season.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:39 pm

It was CLEARLY stated if we went back blue investment would stop like it was before, the same way before we went red then he threatened to pull the investment because of the so called fuss and then changed his mind and went red anyway. I've no idea why people are moaning online. This was always going to happen the day we went down from the premier league. Even my 11 year old lad knows tan is getting what ever money he can from within the club and will continue to do so :wave:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Didn't we always know this? That players had to go before others could be brought in?

And people on here don't realise the expenses involved in running a squad in the Premier League? Parachute payments are there to fund you and prevent you going out of business, not to finance another promotion campaign? The stupid negative people on here really piss me off. :sladein: :evil:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:It was CLEARLY stated if we went back blue investment would stop like it was before, the same way before we went red then he threatened to pull the investment because of the so called fuss and then changed his mind and went red anyway. I've no idea why people are moaning online. This was always going to happen the day we went down from the premier league. Even my 11 year old lad knows tan is getting what ever money he can from within the club and will continue to do so :wave:

Ian, not be funny but when was this stated ?

I don't recall ever a condition being put on us going back to blue meant no money being spent.

Money had certainly been stopped but that was before the return to blue happened.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Unlike some of the depressing doom and gloom merchants on here i see this as a big positive! Good news!

Spend 2 million on hennessy,sign a quality goalscorer for 4million to partner joey mason,daryl murphy?fraizer campbell? Dwight gayle?
Along with joey barton or the midfielder we are already in for we have the makings of a very good side the blues are going up!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:It was CLEARLY stated if we went back blue investment would stop like it was before, the same way before we went red then he threatened to pull the investment because of the so called fuss and then changed his mind and went red anyway. I've no idea why people are moaning online. This was always going to happen the day we went down from the premier league. Even my 11 year old lad knows tan is getting what ever money he can from within the club and will continue to do so :wave:

I don't recall ever a condition being put on us going back to blue meant no money being spent.

Money had certainly been stopped but that was before the return to blue happened.

No BB77 is essentially right on this one.From the outset we've all understood the levels of investment would differ according to the colour we played in.I believe Tan had made up his mind long before it was announced we would be returning to blue.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Im looking for the link, the story as I remember in the press was about city needing to save 12million as tan wouldn't be spending like before so cutting costs was a must which we all know is going on, lets be honest he didn't go back blue because we wanted it its because it would have cost him money in the long run this season due to low gates and the shop selling near to nothing :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:02 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Didn't we always know this? That players had to go before others could be brought in?

And people on here don't realise the expenses involved in running a squad in the Premier League? Parachute payments are there to fund you and prevent you going out of business, not to finance another promotion campaign? The stupid negative people on here really piss me off. :sladein: :evil:

So it's showing ambition not to sell a penny of your parachute payments or income from player sales? There's a need of having a happy balance of strengthening the squad to push on and reducing the debt at the same time. At the moment the club are selling all of the quality in the squad and bringing in bargain basement players. We are not in the Premier League, we are in the Championship. Everyone wants to be positive and see the club progress but at the moment all that seems to being built is a League 1 team.

If Slade does well then that would be great but based on last years performances & if we have 4/5 points from the first 6 games would you be happy?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:04 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Didn't we always know this? That players had to go before others could be brought in?

So it's showing ambition not to sell a penny of your parachute payments or income from player sales? There's a need of having a happy balance of strengthening the squad to push on and reducing the debt at the same time. At the moment the club are selling all of the quality in the squad and bringing in bargain basement players. We are not in the Premier League, we are in the Championship. Everyone wants to be positive and see the club progress but at the moment all that seems to being built is a League 1 team.

If Slade does well then that would be great but based on last years performances & if we have 4/5 points from the first 6 games would you be happy?

You're a glass half empty person, aren't you?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:05 pm

All depends if Marshall wants to go.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:07 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:All depends if Marshall wants to go.

Maybe he will be told he can leave that way he's not going to stick around. Lots of goings on happen none of us know about within the club I bet, money talks :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 pm

bluebird58 wrote:

Just being realistic not like done of the dreamers on here. Great to see the club do well but since Slade came in we are going backwards & the club are not showing signs of their ambition for promotion. Get real.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:42 pm

bluebird58 wrote:

Just being realistic not like done of the dreamers on here. Great to see the club do well but since Slade came in we are going backwards & the club are not showing signs of their ambition for promotion. Get real.

Come on Bridgend, you're being a bit unfair here! All the dreamers on here are little kids under 14, it's wrong to dampen their hopes. Let them have their fun. My God, don't you remember when we were impressionable children and the sun was always high in the sky and the girls were slways keen? Leave them alone and let them bask in their halcyon days. Unfortunately they will grow up to the misery of life all too soon! Oh and don't be so insulting to Rydog's dad please :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Lets call a spade a spade here our club is financially ruined, if we bank 5m for Marshall and we have a solid number 2 in Moore then it makes total sense.

While many people on this forum want Tan out but also want him to carry on bankrolling us its completely insane.

Looking forward to next season if we can try and touch the playoffs that would be amazing. However if we look beyond next season and we continue to reduce the debt and while staying in the Championship then its not all bad.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Did you really think that things wouldn't change when we went back to blue?

Tan's behaviour since the return to blue backs up everything Bluebird1977 says.

Tan is not stupid enough to explicitly say that once the blue returned the funding would be reduced dramatically but what we are seeing now is what would have happened if the change to red had not happened in the first place.

He walked around the pitch before the Wolves game taking all the adulation from gullible supporters who thought that he'd changed his mind because of "fan pressure" or because his mother told him to change back to blue!

Some of us realized however that without his precious red kit virtually no further investment would be made in the playing squad or employing a decent manager and that he has shown by his actions (no more press interviews, no more attending games etc) that he really does not give a flying f**k about Cardiff City any more.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

I agree we don't need any more players I think the team is good enough. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

no its not :sladeout:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 pm

I honestly believe without Marshall we will struggle this season. It's not being negative. But he has been there a while, is our captain and one of our best players.

I'm very nervous about this season.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 am

I'd use it on the debt and make Moore number one.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tan has promised Slade funds to spend on new players if the deal with David Marshall goes through :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

' funds to spend on new players'. now thats a specific promise that he can be held to account with, not.

most of that fee will disappear into the ether, i predict.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

No BB77 is essentially right on this one.From the outset we've all understood the levels of investment would differ according to the colour we played in.I believe Tan had made up his mind long before it was announced we would be returning to blue.

From what I remember wasn't the offer £100m for playing in red? OK ATM that money is a loan but it is hard see how it will ever be paid back, so essentially there was a £100m+ investment.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tan has promised Slade funds to spend on new players if the deal with David Marshall goes through :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope it's not like the promise to convert to equity! Seriously though, if Marshall goes, money will need to be spent.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:14 am

carlccfc wrote:

It probably wasn't openly reported... But it's pretty obvious to most.
Tans dream of playing in red came with his blessing and MONEY
Mehmet quite clearly indicated on the day that we went back to Blue that the club needed to stand on its own two feet... To me this was the biggest indicator that Tan had finished pumping money into this club.