Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City in talks with midfielder? "

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:12 pm

Some rumours on twitter saying Former Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is in talks with Cardiff City - Only rumours though.

He's a free agent - The midfielder began his career at Manchester City in 2002, he then joined Newcastle in July 2007 for around £5.8 million, four years later he joined QPR from when he was loaned to Marseille in 2012.

He earned his first cap for the England National Team in February 2007.

Re: " Cardiff City in talks with midfielder? "

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm

I would be surprised if he came that would be one hell of a signing. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Johnnie Jackson of charlton.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Well can never accuse us of being non controversial always something different to talk about! :roll: :lol:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:48 pm

I think the rumours on twitter and their subsequent mention here originally came from the message board in the first place. These rumours just go round and round in circles.

The guy saying it is 100% true has a great profile on twitter.

Former male stripper & once was offered £350k to join the mafia.

If true why can't Barton still fight for his QPR wages after signing? Is there some sort of release clause that says he will get paid within 6 months unless he finds another club?????

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Some rumours on twitter saying Former Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is in talks with Cardiff City - Only rumours though.

He's a free agent - The midfielder began his career at Manchester City in 2002, he then joined Newcastle in July 2007 for around £5.8 million, four years later he joined QPR from when he was loaned to Marseille in 2012.

He earned his first cap for the England National Team in February 2007.

I cannot see Slade going for this troublemaker / bully boy - he may be a good footballer and the midfield general we need but he is a massive liability not an asset, proved that everywhere he goes. :oops:

Blooobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :old:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Wayne S wrote:I think the rumours on twitter and their subsequent mention here originally came from the message board in the first place. These rumours just go round and round in circles.

The guy saying it is 100% true has a great profile on twitter.

Former male stripper & once was offered £350k to join the mafia.

If true why can't Barton still fight for his QPR wages after signing? Is there some sort of release clause that says he will get paid within 6 months unless he finds another club?????

Correct i put this on the original post about a signing soon.

As my mate brothers friend txted me!! Only kidding about that part :thumbright: