Swansea Will Struggle

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea Will Struggle

Postby maccydee » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Id love them to go down but it's not going to happen for a while. Sooner or later the bubble will burst but at the moment they have too many good players too go down. The promoted teams are going to struggle as are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. Top 4 will be Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal and Citeh. Next will come Spurs and Liverpool. Everton will be 7th. Swansea will finish between 8th and 13th. They are on similar level to stoke, palace and Southampton.

The time when the jbs drop will be when Ashley Williams leaves or retires. He has been a huge player for them not just on pitch but off it as well.

In what way has Williams been a huge player off the field :?:

Cmon Roathie you know the answer to this one. Williams is a born leader. He has been a fantastic servant for you lot and much as I hate the grandparents rule he has been huge for Wales.

You said a huge player off the field ? He hasn't even been captain of the Swans that long. Without doubt thought a great player.

2 years he has been Swansea captain. In that time we have had 9.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:14 am

maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Id love them to go down but it's not going to happen for a while. Sooner or later the bubble will burst but at the moment they have too many good players too go down. The promoted teams are going to struggle as are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. Top 4 will be Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal and Citeh. Next will come Spurs and Liverpool. Everton will be 7th. Swansea will finish between 8th and 13th. They are on similar level to stoke, palace and Southampton.

The time when the jbs drop will be when Ashley Williams leaves or retires. He has been a huge player for them not just on pitch but off it as well.

Cmon Roathie you know the answer to this one. Williams is a born leader. He has been a fantastic servant for you lot and much as I hate the grandparents rule he has been huge for Wales.

You said a huge player off the field ? He hasn't even been captain of the Swans that long. Without doubt thought a great player.

I believe though that monk was club captain until 2 years ago and because he was shit he hardly ever played and Williams deputised for him until he was given role officially 2 years ago.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Whereami » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:59 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:

I believe though that monk was club captain until 2 years ago and because he was shit he hardly ever played and Williams deputised for him until he was given role officially 2 years ago.

You still haven't answered the question Gareth have you . Why is Williams a huge player for the Swans off the pitch as you claimed he is?
Whereami

Postby xajax » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:03 am

BlueMagic wrote:This season....

You heard it here first.........

Where have you been posting for the last four seasons? It's what's been said on here since we won the championship playoff final.
xajax

Postby Whereami » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:10 am

xajax wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:This season....

You heard it here first.........

Where have you been posting for the last four seasons? It's what's been said on here since we won the championship playoff final.

The Swans will be stronger this season than last. They will be a tough nut to crack, as Chelsea will find out on Saturday, where i expect them to play similar tactics to Arsenal away last season. In saying that I'm not predicting a Swans win, Chelsea away probably is the toughest match of the season.
Whereami

Postby Whereami » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:19 am

How do Cardiff fans think your biggest rivals will do, Bristol City. According to some Cardiff fans Its Bristol City and not the Jacks that are cardiffs main rivals, but never see any threads about Bristol, many tho about the Swans.
Whereami

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:30 am

Bristol are our oldest rivals, so some of the older supporters consider them bigger rivals.
The M4 never even got as far as Swansea until recent years....lol :D
They are now more of a rival as we are in the same division. :thumbup:
It's obvious you are only on here to gloat...still, enjoy it while you can, bigger clubs than yours have tumbled from the top flight...we did. :old: :D
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Whereami » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:46 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Bristol are our oldest rivals, so some of the older supporters consider them bigger rivals.
It's obvious you are only on here to gloat...still, enjoy it while you can, bigger clubs than yours have tumbled from the top flight...we did. :old: :D

How many clubs that have managed to survive in the PL for a few seasons and are well run have been relegated? Can't think of many.
Whereami

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 am

Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:

You still haven't answered the question Gareth have you . Why is Williams a huge player for the Swans off the pitch as you claimed he is?

Tell me why I'm wrong then Roathie. Every time I watch or read anything about off field things with the jacks he is there representing the club. He always comes across as a decent bloke who does stuff for local charities.
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:29 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Bristol are our oldest rivals, so some of the older supporters consider them bigger rivals.

But when they get promoted which I believe they have a greater chance to achieve than Cardiff atm who will it be then ?
With the news that Marshalls off and no new faces of note I'd be more concerned about Cardiff's chances of staying up than Swansea of going down . Worrying times , no investment in the squad and a fire sale ongoing it looks like back to blue has come at a significant cost to the clubs ambition to become a force in football :o
Fusilier52

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 am

Fusilier52 wrote:

But when they get promoted which I believe they have a greater chance to achieve than Cardiff atm who will it be then ?
With the news that Marshalls off and no new faces of note I'd be more concerned about Cardiff's chances of staying up than Swansea of going down . Worrying times , no investment in the squad and a fire sale ongoing it looks like back to blue has come at a significant cost to the clubs ambition to become a force in football :o

No worry about going down for either team. Marshall going is a loss but Moore is a good player and if our debts drop by 5 million I'm happy. Dikagoi is going to be like a new signing and if he stays fit he will be a big player. Our squad is now settled and team spirit is good which is a key factor in any teams success. We won't go up in my opinion more down to a negative manager. We won't go down because there are 10 or 11 worse teams than us. Bottom 3 will be Rotherham, Bolton and hopefully Bristol City.
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Woodville Willie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:59 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

No worry about going down for either team. Marshall going is a loss but Moore is a good player and if our debts drop by 5 million I'm happy. Dikagoi is going to be like a new signing and if he stays fit he will be a big player. Our squad is now settled and team spirit is good which is a key factor in any teams success. We won't go up in my opinion more down to a negative manager. We won't go down because there are 10 or 11 worse teams than us. Bottom 3 will be Rotherham, Bolton and hopefully Bristol City.

I think you're right but Marshall £5m? Don't know about that. Beginning of last season maybe but I'm sure his stock will have fallen since then.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby dantheswansman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Hilarious ,Thanks for the laugh , Same time next season ? ? ?
"As this fire in my heart turns blue" - They will always be a load of Poo . Laughing stock of welsh football #fact
dantheswansman

Postby maccydee » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Leader. What we miss most. As proven by when he took his fellow players to the Swansea fans' funeral.
maccydee

Postby whiterock » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 pm

maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Ash does everything you'd want from a captain, he leads by example on and off the pitch, has had his own charity 'wills world' since about 2010, and is a respectful guy whenever I've met him.

Leader. What we miss most. As proven by when he took his fellow players to the Swansea fans' funeral.
whiterock

Postby 64JACK » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:16 pm

whiterock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Ash does everything you'd want from a captain, he leads by example on and off the pitch, has had his own charity 'wills world' since about 2010, and is a respectful guy whenever I've met him.

That wasn't a reply actually was it? :laughing6:
64JACK

Postby loughorriotsquad » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:27 am

Bigger clubs have fallen like yourself? Haha you've had three seasons in the Top Flight in the last 50 years. Such a massive club with an outstanding top flight pedigree. :roll:

Your stay in the top division is more comparable to the likes of Blackpool, Swindon and Oldham. :thumbup: Your stay fleeting appearance in the premier league is pretty much a footnote at the minute. People are going to remember Vincent Tan more than any of the football which you played and that's quite tragic, especially after all of the money that was spunked by the racist and Gollum.

Don't worry though, you've always got more empty seats than us!
loughorriotsquad

Postby Whereami » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:48 am

loughorriotsquad wrote:

Bigger clubs have fallen like yourself? Haha you've had three seasons in the Top Flight in the last 50 years. Such a massive club with an outstanding top flight pedigree. :roll:

Your stay in the top division is more comparable to the likes of Blackpool, Swindon and Oldham. :thumbup: Your stay fleeting appearance in the premier league is pretty much a footnote at the minute. People are going to remember Vincent Tan more than any of the football which you played and that's quite tragic, especially after all of the money that was spunked by the racist and Gollum.
No get it right cardiff have had 1 season in the top flight in 53 years.... :thumbup:
Don't worry though, you've always got more empty seats than us!
Whereami

Postby Scoularfan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:41 pm

I hope they struggle too ,but they r there now and we ain't .
The wheel will turn lads ,whether we ll all be here when it does is another matter lol
Scoularfan

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 am

They won't struggle but maybe they won't advance either! But become a run of mill team like all clubs outside the perennial top 6 in premier, what as premier done for wba villa and all the other long term clubs in premier? (SFA,) one thing is for sure swansea are boring news wise as a club and city compared to us? :laughing6: :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Fusilier52 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:They won't struggle but maybe they won't advance either! But become a run of mill team like all clubs outside the perennial top 6 in premier, what as premier done for wba villa and all the other long term clubs in premier? (SFA,) one thing is for sure swansea are boring news wise as a club and city compared to us? :laughing6: :thumbup:

I think you'll find Swansea have continually advanced each year for the past 10 years , the latest advancement being Category 1 Academy status ,the rise in the Club has been remarkable considering the recent history with so many pundits no longer tipping relegation but rather consolidation as a established PL Club, it's very unlikely if not impossible that a top 6 finish is possible without the likes of a wealthy owner in the mould of Jack Walker Black burn Rovers coming in and bank rolling the Club , mid table mediocrity with a world wide audience has to be better than the shenanigans you see at other Clubs imo .
Fusilier52

Postby Whereami » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:They won't struggle but maybe they won't advance either! But become a run of mill team like all clubs outside the perennial top 6 in premier, what as premier done for wba villa and all the other long term clubs in premier? (SFA,) one thing is for sure swansea are boring news wise as a club and city compared to us? :laughing6: :thumbup:

Well lucky for you then Allan you don't support Swansea since you find them boring. :oops: :lol:
Whereami

Postby ThomasC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Reading through, Bristol City got no worries for relegation, hard to call who finishes higher up the league
ThomasC

Postby valleyrambill » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Forget them they have a team to stay in the premeirship and I agree with most on here why talk about them
this is CCFC the bluebirds and everytime we discuss them their vile supporters come on here
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Whereami"ote="pembroke allan wrote:They won't struggle but maybe they won't advance either! But become a run of mill team like all clubs outside the perennial top 6 in premier, what as premier done for wba villa and all the other long term clubs in premier? (SFA,) one thing is for sure swansea are boring news wise as a club and city compared to us? :laughing6: :thumbup:

Well lucky for you then Allan you don't support Swansea since you find them boring. :oops: :lol:[/quote]

Read properly what I said? club and city are boring news wise? Nothing to do with playing! Motd does that by putting you last or nearly last for watching 99% of times :laughing6: and come on even you must admit we get lots more news coverage for many reasons compared to your lot? As for your town mmmm try getting seat on train back from Cardiff to Swansea late afternoon full of shoppers going home! :thumbright:
And yes extremely lucky don't support you, but unfourtunatley my other half does so get tortured every so often by having to watch you play. :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:They won't struggle but maybe they won't advance either! But become a run of mill team like all clubs outside the perennial top 6 in premier, what as premier done for wba villa and all the other long term clubs in premier? (SFA,) one thing is for sure swansea are bortnews wise as a club and city compared to us? :laughing6: :thumbup:

I think you'll find Swansea have continually advanced each year for the past 10 years , the latest advancement being Category 1 Academy status ,the rise in the Club has been remarkable considering the recent history with so many pundits no longer tipping relegation but rather consolidation as a established PL Club, it's very unlikely if not impossible that a top 6 finish is possible without the likes of a wealthy owner in the mould of Jack Walker Black burn Rovers coming in and bank rolling the Club , mid table mediocrity with a world wide audience has to be better than the shenanigans you see at other Clubs imo .

They examples I used been in premier many years and are alot bigger than Swansea and yet can't get anywhere near top 6 and they have cat 1 ect ect, they are not progressing in fact recent seasons have declined!! Oh but i forgot Swansea are a model for clubs to follow if want success so that's the way forwarded for teams in premier. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Whereami » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Well lucky for you then Allan you don't support Swansea since you find them boring. :oops: :lol:

Read properly what I said? club and city are boring news wise? Nothing to do with playing! Motd does that by putting you last or nearly last for watching 99% of times :laughing6: and come on even you must admit we get lots more news coverage for many reasons compared to your lot? As for your town mmmm try getting seat on train back from Cardiff to Swansea late afternoon full of shoppers going home! :thumbright:
And yes extremely lucky don't support you, but unfourtunatley my other half does so get tortured every so often by having to watch you play. :laughing6:

Better to be last on motd than not at all. If you know what i mean Allan :laughing6:
Whereami

Postby shizzle » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Pembroke Allen

Bitter.............as...........f**k

That is all :D:D
shizzle

Postby horshamjack » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 am

shizzle wrote:Pembroke Allen

Bitter.............as...........f**k

That is all :D:D

His better half got good taste tho :D
STID
horshamjack

Postby dantheswansman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Try and convert HIM then . Nob head !
"As this fire in my heart turns blue" - They will always be a load of Poo . Laughing stock of welsh football #fact
dantheswansman

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat