Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea Will Struggle

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:24 pm

This season....

You heard it here first, their honeymoon period in the prem begins to end next season imo. They got no1 to fill the boots of bony and michu previously, cant see where their goals will come from, eder who? ayew who? Both will prove to be mediocre players like gomis.

Other teams strenghtening around them, i predict them struggling at the bottom end of the table with a bottom half finish next season at best with their relegation coming the season after.

Re: Swansea Will Struggle

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:35 pm

BlueMagic wrote:This season....

You heard it here first, their honeymoon period in the prem begins to end next season imo. They got no1 to fill the boots of bony and michu previously, cant see where their goals will come from, eder who? ayew who? Both will prove to be mediocre players like gomis.

Other teams strenghtening around them, i predict them struggling at the bottom end of the table with a bottom half finish next season at best with their relegation coming the season after.

It's safe to say I am no fan of Swansea Town FC and (more so) their ignorant fans, but one thing I will grant the club is that they are managed well from the top down and they will have done their homework as to who will come in and fit in to the system they prefer to play

Signings made so far all appear quality and I can't see them outside the top 10; no matter how much I would like you to be right! :(

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Who gives a shit what they do?

Best to Just focus on our team :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Bobby Woodruff's long throw wrote:Who gives a shit what they do?

You make a good point! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Sven wrote:

It's safe to say I am no fan of Swansea Town FC and (more so) their ignorant fans, but one thing I will grant the club is that they are managed well from the top down and they will have done their homework as to who will come in and fit in to the system they prefer to play

Signings made so far all appear quality and I can't see them outside the top 10; no matter how much I would like you to be right! :(

Ignorant swansea fans? I think the OP takes that accolade

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Bobby Woodruff's long throw wrote:Who gives a shit what they do?

You make a good point! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:16 pm

whiterock wrote:
Sven wrote:

Another good point, well made! LOL :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Sven wrote:
whiterock wrote:
Sven wrote:

Another good point, well made! LOL :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Funny as they are always making out they know all about our club! :thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:35 pm

And there it is, the annual " swansea will struggle this year" thread as usual on time just before the start of the season. Been going on now for 5 years and still going strong.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Don't we say this every year more out of hope than a well thought out theory.

Let's give it a rest now. They really have turned themselves into a sort of Stoke, Everton, Villa Mainstay of the Premier League without pushing on more.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:58 pm

AWWW,won't the swansea trolls come out to play. :lol:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Why people feel the need to discuss the jacks or welsh rugger on a CCFC message board always amazes me.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:40 pm

Id love them to go down but it's not going to happen for a while. Sooner or later the bubble will burst but at the moment they have too many good players too go down. The promoted teams are going to struggle as are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. Top 4 will be Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal and Citeh. Next will come Spurs and Liverpool. Everton will be 7th. Swansea will finish between 8th and 13th. They are on similar level to stoke, palace and Southampton.

The time when the jbs drop will be when Ashley Williams leaves or retires. He has been a huge player for them not just on pitch but off it as well.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 pm

If you throw enough darts at the board one is bound to hit a treble 20 I suppose, although I cant see that happening any time soon. They are lightyears ahead of us.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Another thread which will come back to haunt us :roll:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Ive never thought they would struggle for years. Even though i hate the fuckers ive always praised them on their football and doing well in the prem, but next season i genuinally think they will struggle and start to go on the decline

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Swansea will struggle :lol: not a chance stronger this season than last, just look at the players they had on the bench today. Top 10 no problem I'll go for 7- 8 th.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:And there it is, the annual " swansea will struggle this year" thread as usual on time just before the start of the season. Been going on now for 5 years and still going strong.

Lol,is there such a thing as 5th season syndrome :?:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:09 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Id love them to go down but it's not going to happen for a while. Sooner or later the bubble will burst but at the moment they have too many good players too go down. The promoted teams are going to struggle as are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. Top 4 will be Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal and Citeh. Next will come Spurs and Liverpool. Everton will be 7th. Swansea will finish between 8th and 13th. They are on similar level to stoke, palace and Southampton.

The time when the jbs drop will be when Ashley Williams leaves or retires. He has been a huge player for them not just on pitch but off it as well.

In what way has Williams been a huge player off the field :?:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:13 pm

since 64 wrote:Why people feel the need to discuss the jacks or welsh rugger on a CCFC message board always amazes me.

Couldn't agree more!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:50 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
since 64 wrote:Why people feel the need to discuss the jacks or welsh rugger on a CCFC message board always amazes me.

Couldn't agree more!

Here here

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Surely they've been successful in replacing Michu with Sigurdsson?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:29 pm

OP you must be truly deluded. Swansea are an established top 10 side. They ain't going anywhere I'm afraid. I'd be more concerned about us struggling if I were you

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:59 am

Oh f**k off. Cardiff fans have been saying this since 2011. I get that they're our rivals but this obsession with how they're doing is pathetic. They'll stay up yet again and I couldn't care less, I'm only interested in the Jacks when we're in the same league. We can have our say if we get promoted again at some point.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:19 am

JonCCFC wrote:Oh f**k off. Cardiff fans have been saying this since 2011. I get that they're our rivals but this obsession with how they're doing is pathetic. They'll stay up yet again and I couldn't care less, I'm only interested in the Jacks when we're in the same league. We can have our say if we get promoted again at some point.

100% Jon. The time to concern ourselves with rivals is when the clubs meet in competition. It could happen any time in the FA Cup etc., which would be interesting, but for now, Championship is the level to focus on. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:38 am

Another Jack post that they will drag back up at the end of the season. :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:01 am

ffs wrote:Surely they've been successful in replacing Michu with Sigurdsson?

Michu hasn't really played for Swansea for 18 months and has been well and truly replaced a long time ago.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Another Jack post that they will drag back up at the end of the season. :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2:

Let these threads keep coming, hilarious stuff. If someone keep shooting at the place for long enough , there's a chance they'll hit something in the end.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 am

Whereami wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Id love them to go down but it's not going to happen for a while. Sooner or later the bubble will burst but at the moment they have too many good players too go down. The promoted teams are going to struggle as are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. Top 4 will be Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal and Citeh. Next will come Spurs and Liverpool. Everton will be 7th. Swansea will finish between 8th and 13th. They are on similar level to stoke, palace and Southampton.

Cmon Roathie you know the answer to this one. Williams is a born leader. He has been a fantastic servant for you lot and much as I hate the grandparents rule he has been huge for Wales.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:28 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Cmon Roathie you know the answer to this one. Williams is a born leader. He has been a fantastic servant for you lot and much as I hate the grandparents rule he has been huge for Wales.

You said a huge player off the field ? He hasn't even been captain of the Swans that long. Without doubt thought a great player.