Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY STRIKER TO LEAVE NEXT WEEK & JOIN "

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Adam Le Fondre to leave Cardiff City next week as two northern clubs lead the chase for the striker

Striker Adam Le Fondre will leave Cardiff City next week.

That looks certain with two Northern clubs leading the chase and a deal set to be struck with one of them.

Sheffield Wednesday and Bolton Wanderers are keen on Le Fondre, but it seems both will miss out and he is likely to sign for another Championship club in the north of England.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY STRIKER TO LEAVE NEXT WEEK & JOIN "

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Mason, it will be interesting to see what City get for him and how he does.
I reckon he will score goals.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mason, it will be interesting to see what City get for him and how he does.

I rate Le Fondre I think we're stupid to be getting rid of him.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:33 pm

At present rightly or wrongly we have mason, Doyle, Jones, garearra, and alf (miss anyone?) so you rate him which means at least 2 of them goes? Any preferences? : :o

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Adam Le Fondre to leave Cardiff City next week as two northern clubs lead the chase for the striker

Striker Adam Le Fondre will leave Cardiff City next week.

That looks certain with two Northern clubs leading the chase and a deal set to be struck with one of them.

Sheffield Wednesday and Bolton Wanderers are keen on Le Fondre, but it seems both will miss out and he is likely to sign for another Championship club in the north of England.

Hope it's not f*cking Leeds, we shouldn't be doing business with them wankers. I was fuming when we allowed Adeyemi to join them.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:At present rightly or wrongly we have mason, Doyle, Jones, garearra, and alf (miss anyone?) so you rate him which means at least 2 of them goes? Any preferences? : :o

You've missed Revell

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:58 pm

norms76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:At present rightly or wrongly we have mason, Doyle, Jones, garearra, and alf (miss anyone?) so you rate him which means at least 2 of them goes? Any preferences? : :o

You've missed Revell

And Macheda

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Good. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Mason, it will be interesting to see what City get for him and how he does.

He's had his chance, and he was dire in front of goal for us. He clearly doesn't want to be here, so it's pointless keeping him.

Decent player, but although he scored a few for Bolton, we should remember Reading fans were delighted when we signed him from them. He's been a lot more cold than hot over the past few years, and we have to let him go.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:06 pm

G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

He's had his chance, and he was dire in front of goal for us. He clearly doesn't want to be here, so it's pointless keeping him.

Decent player, but although he scored a few for Bolton, we should remember Reading fans were delighted when we signed him from them. He's been a lot more cold than hot over the past few years, and we have to let him go.

The reason Le Fondre hasn't played to his standard at our club is because we have a clueless manager and it's not just Slade's fault but the club is more to do with it, players aren't being given enough time to probe themselves, and a player of Le Fondres talent deserves better.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

The reason Le Fondre hasn't played to his standard at our club is because we have a clueless, and a player of Le Fondres talent deserves better.

Let Fondre is a limited player. He'll score you goals, but you have to set up your team to supply him, since his link up play is poor and he doesn't offer much physically.

He's just not good enough to build a team around, he doesn't offer enough for what we'd lose as a team by playing to his strength's. He'd be great as a super sub, but there's no way he'd be happy with that.

Looking at the quality of teams interested in him, and considered half of them can barely pay the small, reasonable fee we're looking for, I think it speaks volumes.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:21 pm

He seemed to score most of his goals for Reading coming on as sub

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

The reason Le Fondre hasn't played to his standard at our club is because we have a clueless, and a player of Le Fondres talent deserves better.

A clueless what? Team? Midfield? Striker? Poster on this board? No, Judging from your previous posts I'm assuming Manager.

Well I'm sorry but I disagree. I can't see how this is Slade's fault. I stood in the 10 rows up in the Canton stand, Just behind the goal last season for all the home games. I saw with my own eyes enough balls to Lefondre's Feet and head for any decent Eddie Johnson to put in the back of the net. ALF failed on most of those occasions. He didn't settle, his mind was up north with his family. I've worked abroad long enough to know what those crap phone conversations with the wife and kids are, expecially when the kids are kickin off.

He can be a good striker (not a great one or world class ) but if he can't re locate his family to Cardiff, then he will never perform for us. Some people can do it, Le Fondre (and myself) cant.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

A clueless what? Team? Midfield? Striker? Poster on this board? No, Judging from your previous posts I'm assuming Manager.

Well I'm sorry but I disagree. I can't see how this is Slade's fault. I stood in the 10 rows up in the Canton stand, Just behind the goal last season for all the home games. I saw with my own eyes enough balls to Lefondre's Feet and head for any decent Eddie Johnson to put in the back of the net. ALF failed on most of those occasions. He didn't settle, his mind was up north with his family. I've worked abroad long enough to know what those crap phone conversations with the wife and kids are, expecially when the kids are kickin off.

He can be a good striker (not a great one or world class ) but if he can't re locate his family to Cardiff, then he will never perform for us. Some people can do it, Le Fondre (and myself) cant.

I think it's safe to say that Le Fondre didn't think through his move to us. He was blinded by his idol and I bet the wages didn't hurt either.

As soon a Ole went the fight and commitment left him.

No one else can be blamed really. A bigger man would have pulled his socks up and worked hard.

They say ou should never meet your idols. Look what it did to Le Fondre.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:36 pm

I guess Blackburn

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:10 pm

Le Fondre is the latest in a long list of strikers that were prolific before joining us - but we're garbage in front of goals for us. Ronnie Moore, Tony Phiiliskirk, Neil Harris - Mickey Burns even. And let's not forget Steve Lynex lol.

It's not as if Le Fondre didn't get game time or opportunities here - some of the chances he missed my gran would be embarrassed by. Sure, he puts in a shift, but he's supposedly a goalscorer. I don't really care what he's done at other clubs - he was utter shite at Cardiff and I can't wait to get rid, particularly as he doesn't want to be here.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:04 am

I agree Annis. He will probably get some form elsewhere. Something hasn't been right with him. He has lost positivity in a Cardiff shirt. Can't work it out.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 am

Mr Shed wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

We've lost some good players because of Slade's poor management. And like I've said not just Slade's fault but the club more to do with the point. We've lost some quality players - Our club is not giving players enough time to prove themselves... Adeyemi, Guerra more examples.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 am

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

We've lost some good players because of Slade's poor management. And like I've said not just Slade's fault but the club more to do with the point. We've lost some quality players - Our club is not giving players enough time to prove themselves... Adeyemi, Guerra more examples.

The Guerra situation really started with Ole, and I dread to think what our midfield would have looked like if Adeyami was still here. If he was still here, he would be rotting in the reserves, and Slade would still be criticised. :bluescarf: :sladein:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:33 am

James the bluebird fan wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

The Guerra situation really started with Ole, and I dread to think what our midfield would have looked like if Adeyami was still here. If he was still here, he would be rotting in the reserves, and Slade would still be criticised. :bluescarf: :sladein:

How do you know that James? Adeyemi was never given a fair chance.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:41 am

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
James the bluebird fan wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
G3vans wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

How do you know that James? Adeyemi was never given a fair chance.

Exactly Mason, we don't know anything. Maybe Adeyami's attitude was wrong behind the scenes.

I'm basing my opinion on the amount of midfielders we have. Let's say we sign Barton and keep Adeyami. We would then have O Keefe, Dickajoi, Barton, Adeyami, Gunnar, Whitts, Ralls, O Sullivan.

That's far to much. :ayatollah: :sladein:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

did you see him play for us at all? i know he was underperforming but in that spell he was hands down the worst finisher i have seen in the past few years. he is not happy here anyway and cannot wait to leave the club.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Striker Adam Le Fondre will leave Cardiff City next week, with Wednesday once again among the favorites to snap up the former Reading and Rotherham United forward.

Wednesday along with Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers are understood to be interested according to reports in South Wales and HITC Sport.

"There is likely to be movement next week and there is a chance it is a club up north showing strong interest," confirmed Bluebirds manager Russell Slade to Wales Online.

"From the player's point of view he is desperate to sign for the right club in the right geographical area."

Cardiff City are thought to be demanding a fee for Le Fondre, who has attracted interest but with his family based in the North it seems likely to be Wednesday, Rovers or Wanderers.

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk ... z3hfIctj9n