Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CITY READY TO ACCEPT '

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:00 am

' CITY READY TO ACCEPT '

Cardiff City are ready to accept a £6m bid from West Brom for David Marshall.

Mehmet Dalman has been in talks with the Baggies to increase their offer to £6m and it looks like Dalman has got his wish.

Re: ' CITY READY TO ACCEPT '

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:09 am

Slap a 10 million price tag on him ,

But he deserves premier league football , we have been very lucky to keep him all these years

I wish him all the best in whaever he decides to do !

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:09 am

Was hoping for £7 million, but if we can get a good keeper on loan in, or even go for Hennessey, depends on how Moore plays first few games.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:24 am

Hennessy for £3m we have £3m income palace wanted £3.5million off west brom

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:25 am

More than I thought we would get to be honest but I'm happy with that and wish him well.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:More than I thought we would get to be honest but I'm happy with that and wish him well.

Yea same, ill take that.
Good luck to him, if he wishes to leave :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:33 am

He can probably commute to Birmingham daily , enabling him and his family to stay in Cardiff.
But with at least a £600k signing on fee plus probably a much bigger wage .
A nice house somewhere in the midlands, seems very tempting . Good luck to him .

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 am

Take the money Moore is a good keeper

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am

no matter who we bring in he will not be as good as marshall. its just a cost cutting exercise which we will have to continue getting used to.

if he goes then best of luck to him, he is one of the few players that cared last season and has given 100% throughout his time here. it worries me that standards of professionalism will slip even further.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 am

wez1927 wrote:Take the money Moore is a good keeper

we will, just a shame it won't go into the club to off load some of the mediocre players and bring in better! :old:

Victor!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:51 am

Will there be a sell on fee clause included in the deal?!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:52 am

arri potta wrote:

we will, just a shame it won't go into the club to off load some of the mediocre players and bring in better! :old:

Victor!

Another thread has said two out and two in. Looks like we are doing just that. :bluebird:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:01 am

norms76 wrote:
arri potta wrote:

Victor!

Another thread has said two out and two in. Looks like we are doing just that. :bluebird:

yes but let's be honest, Le Fondre can score everywhere apart from here (tells its own story!), and Guerra has never been given a chance and never will whilst the failed welsh league manager is coach!

There are very mediocre players below them that need shipping out.

As for two coming in, I would think Mr Tan is going to be very happy with the marshall funding, I mean recovery of his losses!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 am

What about his ban does that not carry over to another club ?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:03 am

TrueBlue99 wrote:What about his ban does that not carry over to another club ?

Yes it does. A ban is a ban. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:24 am

carlccfc wrote:' CITY READY TO ACCEPT '

Mehmet Dalman has been in talks with the Baggies to increase their offer to £6m and it looks like Dalman has got his wish.

Honestly don't want to see Marshall leave, but we should be asking West Brom for a further payment, if Marshall plays and helps them stay up. It's time we learnt from past mistakes.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:37 am

Looks a reasonable deal. Would have other add on clauses too.

Cant fault Tan for wanting to get his investment back.

Looks like plan is to recoup money while keeping us in championship

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:53 am

I'm happy with £6 mill :thumbright:

I here City have asked for it all in one lump, WBA want to pay some cash with add-ons.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Great business, very decent shot stopper, but even he will admit he is not the most commanding when balls are coming in from crosses.

Before promotion season I spoke to him and he told me it was his weakest attribute.I think in the championship he is quite easily replaceable, for such a moody b*stard he doesn't command the back four as well as others. Been a good servant but I think we will move on positively.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:06 pm

As much as I love marshy I think it would be the right thing to do now! He deserves premier league football again and realistically are we ever going to be 6 million for him after this season I very much doubt it. Especially now we have Simon Moore who is starting to look a very solid player himself!

So I would let him go and just say a massive thank you to him for what he has done for the club and the loyalty he has shown! A great player and great guy. Wish him all the best in the premier league

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I here City have asked for it all in one lump, WBA want to pay some cash with add-ons.
6 m is good business Moore is a good keeper as well

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But (sadly) he ain't David Marshall and the usual protagonists on here will soon be moaning when Marshall's absence proves his true worth to Cardiff City FC ;)

We do it time and time again and we may soon regret this action, assuming he goes! :cry:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

That is good business at 6 mill. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:50 pm

We need a keeper to replace Marshall

Hennessy is starting for palace today

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:16 pm

6 million is twice what he's worth. Not as good as he was 2 years ago, and only a little better than Moore. if we can invest just half that money in the team, then we will more than make up for his departure.

Replacing Marshall with Moore won't cost us 10 goals a season. An experienced midfielder/ organiser can score more than 10, as well as set up goals for others.

He's been great for us, and will be remembered fondly, but for that money it's thank you, goodbye and good luck David Marshall.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:22 pm

bluebird58 wrote:6 million is twice what he's worth. Not as good as he was 2 years ago, and only a little better than Moore. if we can invest just half that money in the team, then we will more than make up for his departure.

Replacing Marshall with Moore won't cost us 10 goals a season. An experienced midfielder/ organiser can score more than 10, as well as set up goals for others.

He's been great for us, and will be remembered fondly, but for that money it's thank you, goodbye and good luck David Marshall.
agree

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:6 million is twice what he's worth. Not as good as he was 2 years ago, and only a little better than Moore. if we can invest just half that money in the team, then we will more than make up for his departure.

agree

So do I. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Would Marshall want to go? He needs to be playing every week in order to keep his Scotland place. What happens when Ben Foster is back?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Does anyone still honestly believe that this club is serious about trying to get promoted this season?

You don't get rid of one of your best players if you have promotion aspirations - it makes no sense.

Moore is no Marshall.

Why don't the club just be honest and admit that their only ambition for the foreseeable future is to remain in this division and that they expect that to be acheived by a lower league manager being given no funds whilst expecting us idiots to buy season tickets at increased prices.

Shows the limit of our club's ambitions I'm afraid.