Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CITY READY TO ACCEPT '

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:45 pm

davids wrote:Does anyone still honestly believe that this club is serious about trying to get promoted this season?

You don't get rid of one of your best players if you have promotion aspirations - it makes no sense.

Moore is no Marshall.

Why don't the club just be honest and admit that their only ambition for the foreseeable future is to remain in this division and that they expect that to be acheived by a lower league manager being given no funds whilst expecting us idiots to buy season tickets at increased prices.

Shows the limit of our club's ambitions I'm afraid.

Great tell fans we have no ambition to get promotion, we are not buying any players, we got you a crap manager on low wages! But please buy a season ticket out of loyalty to club? Basically that's what you saying! :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:Does anyone still honestly believe that this club is serious about trying to get promoted this season?

You don't get rid of one of your best players if you have promotion aspirations - it makes no sense.

Moore is no Marshall.

Why don't the club just be honest and admit that their only ambition for the foreseeable future is to remain in this division and that they expect that to be acheived by a lower league manager being given no funds whilst expecting us idiots to buy season tickets at increased prices.

Great tell fans we have no ambition to get promotion, we are not buying any players, we got you a crap manager on low wages! But please buy a season ticket out of loyalty to club? Basically that's what you saying! :thumbup:

Basically that's not what they're saying but it's exactly what they're doing!

Of course they can't say that but that is exactly how it appears to be. The club continue to pedal this promotion bollocks whilst their actions seem to be suggesting that their true aim is anything but.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:22 am

I believe Tan's plan is to cut costs to a minimum and then, after taking the last of the parachute payments, to try and flog the club. He has lost interest and his crazy red stand was a total disaster.selling Marshall is all part of his asset stripping . If we actually do okay, it'll be down to Trollope and Slade, in that order....and in spite of Tan.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:38 am

Tan made mistake with rebrand fans insult him and are abusive to him blame him for every thing he poured money into club was failed dismally by people spending on crap debt to him has risen to all time high fans complained again now he is cutting back trying to recoup some of his outlay make club more saleable same fans complaining dont get the mentallity of our fans.before you jump on debt to shares crap think in his position would you write of debt when fans hate you so much all for return to blue dont care what division so fickle its laughable

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:07 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:Tan made mistake with rebrand fans insult him and are abusive to him blame him for every thing he poured money into club was failed dismally by people spending on crap debt to him has risen to all time high fans complained again now he is cutting back trying to recoup some of his outlay make club more saleable same fans complaining dont get the mentallity of our fans.before you jump on debt to shares crap think in his position would you write of debt when fans hate you so much all for return to blue dont care what division so fickle its laughable

I deciphered that after a while and (being honest) there's lots to agree with! :thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

There seems to be a relative impasse in comparison to the pure vitriol of some in recent times, but I've said before that we may come to regret the actions of the vocal (and oft very offensive) few; many of who had little or no real 'commitment' to the club themselves! :(

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:12 pm

It would be a shame to see David leave, but if the transfer fee was invested back into the squad and a couple of players brought in then overall it would improve the squad. I think Moore is a decent keeper, not as good as Marshall obviously but I do think good enough for the championship. :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:44 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Moore is no Marshall.

5 or 6000 fans have already sussed this out.

Basically that's not what they're saying but it's exactly what they're doing!

Of course they can't say that but that is exactly how it appears to be. The club continue to pedal this promotion bollocks whilst their actions seem to be suggesting that their true aim is anything but.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:49 pm

actions speak louder than words, we have no genuine ambition of promotion now. i highly doubt west brom are planning on paying £6m anyway, it will probably be around half that plus the other half on appearances and if west brom stay in the PL as they did with james chester.

we will not go up this year or be in the play offs. moore is nowhere near as good as marshall and everyone on here saying take the money will soon realise that marshall would be worth 10 points more to the team to whichever cheap replacement is brought in.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Says £4m on skysports but terms of payments are yet to be settled so some of that probably will be dependant on how long they are in the prem for. Knowing us we will probably get £1m of it if west brom stay in prem for next 3 years or something stupid!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:18 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:6 million is twice what he's worth. Not as good as he was 2 years ago, and only a little better than Moore. if we can invest just half that money in the team, then we will more than make up for his departure.

Replacing Marshall with Moore won't cost us 10 goals a season. An experienced midfielder/ organiser can score more than 10, as well as set up goals for others.

He's been great for us, and will be remembered fondly, but for that money it's thank you, goodbye and good luck David Marshall.
agree

So do I. :ayatollah:

Ditto & means we will very likely get an outfield captain!

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 am

Haven't been upset to see a player go from Cardiff in a long time but I am sad to see Marshall go. Seen some of the saves ever with Marshall and he will be missed but I wish him well he deserves prem football

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 am

Sven wrote:
pensionerbluebird wrote:Tan made mistake with rebrand fans insult him and are abusive to him blame him for every thing he poured money into club was failed dismally by people spending on crap debt to him has risen to all time high fans complained again now he is cutting back trying to recoup some of his outlay make club more saleable same fans complaining dont get the mentallity of our fans.before you jump on debt to shares crap think in his position would you write of debt when fans hate you so much all for return to blue dont care what division so fickle its laughable

I deciphered that after a while and (being honest) there's lots to agree with! :thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

There seems to be a relative impasse in comparison to the pure vitriol of some in recent times, but I've said before that we may come to regret the actions of the vocal (and oft very offensive) few; many of who had little or no real 'commitment' to the club themselves! :(

You are both entirely right. It is the vocal minority more so than Tan who have damaged and will continue to damage our Club.