" Cardiff City Striker in talks "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:42 am

According to the Sheffield Star, Cardiff striker Kenwyne Jones is in talks with Sheffield Wednesday over a possible loan move.

Saturday 1st August 2015

Jones could be set for his second loan spell at Wednesday a huge 11 years after his first one.

The Trinidad and Tobago international has had a successful last few months. Firstly, helping AFC Bournemouth to the Championship title and scoring two goals in four games for his country in this summers Gold Cup in the USA.

Dubbed the next Dwight Yorke as a youngster, Jones went on loan to Wednesday in December 2004 making an instant impact by scoring a goal in a 4-0 win over fellow Yorkshire side, Doncaster Rovers. He then went on to score in all but one of his seven appearances for The Owls including two goals in the 4-0 drubbing of Wrexham. He finished his spell at Wednesday with a 100% record. 7 goals in 7 games. He was subsequently recalled and took part in two Premiership matches for The Saints but failing to score in them both.

He since then has spent time at Sunderland, Bournemouth, Cardiff and Stoke where he broke the club record fee paid for a player, £8m.

Last season, Jones scored against Wednesday at Hillsborough and refused to celebrate which brought many fans in the Kop to applaud the striker. He knows he is loved at the club and has expressed many times on Twitter that he is a ‘Wednesday fan’. This is all good news for Wednesday fans after Lees’ signing a new deal and Lucas Joao signing for £1m from Nacional.

What are your thoughts on the prospect of Kenwyne Jones back at Wednesday? Can he replicate his form once again? Let us know on Twitter your opinion: @72_Wednesday.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Cardiff City Striker in talks "

Postby langley » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:11 am

If they pay all his wages let him go, a good player when HE wants to play, we can't afford that luxury.
langley

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:30 am

Absolute madness to let him go on loan to another Championship team. Top goal scorer last season, wins everything in the air and best defender at set pieces.

Especially when Guerra & Le Fondre are going. I think the club are trying to build a League 1 side slowly.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby RYANBLUE » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

Letting him go is nonsense to me. Without him last year we would have been fuked
RYANBLUE

Postby RYANBLUE » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

Letting him go is nonsense to me. Without him last year we would have been fuked
RYANBLUE

Postby BryceyBluebird » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:21 am

This is an absolute farce if the club lets him go! Especially to another championship team... It will only come back to haunt us. It's a joke.
BryceyBluebird

Postby mugsy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:38 am

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over this lazy overpaid bugger being off loaded - Marshall will be a much bigger loss :(
mugsy

Postby BlueMagic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:41 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Absolute madness to let him go on loan to another Championship team. Top goal scorer last season, wins everything in the air and best defender at set pieces.

Especially when Guerra & Le Fondre are going. I think the club are trying to build a League 1 side slowly.

And really benefits the rest of the team by standing still and not moving up front
BlueMagic

Postby BlueMagic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:43 am

mugsy wrote:I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over this lazy overpaid bugger being off loaded - Marshall will be a much bigger loss :(

Mugsy we agree on this one m8 happy days! Im with u on this one kenwynne is shite but whitts is still past it too mind you hahahaha
BlueMagic

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:04 pm

For me he has to go the money he is on is ridiculous. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Kj divides opinion like nothing else, has his pros and cons but ask yourself this, if you're the owner iron charge of the finances of the club and you took your fan hat off and replaced it with your financial and football one would you still want to keep him?

Personally am as undecided as ever on this one, what u would say is if he has to go then Mls would be better for all concerned.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby jon1959 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Isn't this just paper talk?

When Slade was asked about the 'Kenwyne to Wednesday' rumours after the match last night he said he knew nothing about it. Whereas he confirmed that WBA had made an approach (not a bid) about Marshall.

It might happen, but it seems very unlikely.

The new Wednesday owners are milking the club with massive hikes in ticket prices. They have made a few signings but nothing like Derby or Boro. They don't seem to be a club that would match the wages that Kenwyne is supposed to be on with us - so maybe if there is anything in this story they think they can get him on the cheap by only covering part of the wages, but would Dalman go for that?
jon1959

Postby Woodville Willie » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:12 am

They don't seem to be a club that would match the wages that Kenwyne is supposed to be on with us - so maybe if there is anything in this story they think they can get him on the cheap by only covering part of the wages, but would Dalman go for that?[/quote]

This is a good point and I sincerely hope you are wrong: if Wednesday get him on loan and don't pay all of his wages, the club is being taken for a ride. No risk of buying and no huge wages bill. Plus he will score plenty of goals, we know that.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Return to General Chat