Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" RUSSELL SLADE SPEAKS OUT/DAVID MARSHALL "

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:31 pm

" Russell Slade wants David Marshall to stay as Cardiff City bosses ponder £5m West Brom bid "

Cardiff City boss insists: “I don’t want to lose him.”

David Marshall is in-demand but even though Premier League West Brom have bid £5m, Bluebirds boss Russell Slade wants him to stay

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade has confirmed that West Bromwich Albion have made a multi-million pound offer for goalkeeper David Marshall.

But the Bluebirds boss insists: “I don’t want to lose him.”

The bid, believed to be £5m, is now in the hands of Bluebirds’ chairman Mehmet Dalman and owner Vincent Tan as talks continue with the Premier League club.

Slade said: “Yes, West Brom have made an enquiry, there is definite interest there. It’s with the chairman now.

“I would not want to lose a player of David’s quality. He is an integral part of what we have done.

"He is a talent and is a sought after player every summer."

Marshall, who is suspended for the first three matches of this season, did not make the trip to Bournemouth as a fee for his signature was reportedly agreed.

But Slade remained adamant of his position, saying: “No amount of money will be enough.

"Sometimes a player is difficult to replace and David falls into the category.”

Marshall's understudy Simon Moore played in the 3-2 win at Bournemouth and will start in the Championship opener against Fulham next Saturday.

But whether or not the Scotland international will still be at Cardiff by the time his scheduled return comes around, at Blackburn on August 18, remains to be seen.

Re: " RUSSELL SLADE SPEAKS OUT/DAVID MARSHALL "

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:40 pm

YOU GOT TO REMEMBER, PLAYERS ARNT LOYAL TO THERE FANS OR CLUB, THEY TALK THE TALK BUT DONT DO THE WALK, IF YOU DONT WONT TO STAY GO, :wave:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:43 pm

"Sometimes a player is difficult to replace and David falls into the category.”

He certainly is. We don't need to sell our best players & Marshall is our best player. If it is indeed in the hands of MD/VT then we shall see if football business lessons have been learned. A Keeper that is a Keeper for all the right reasons.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:55 pm

Marshal lives in Llanishen and his Mrs and kids are happy living here, so if it's down to him I think he will stay , if it's true that he's on 25k a week I don't think west Bromwich will offer him much more than that.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:Marshal lives in Llanishen and his Mrs and kids are happy living here, so if it's down to him I think he will stay , if it's true that he's on 25k a week I don't think west Bromwich will offer him much more than that.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ :thumbup:

Neither Mr or Mrs Marshall won't be too overjoyed if this comes off, as they are very happy in Cardiff! ;)

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 am

Marshall lives in Rhiwbina :bluebird:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 am

He and his family could still live in Cardiff, West Brom is only 2 hours away by car.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:22 am

Correct, Marshall lives in Rhiwbina just on the way through wenalt lanes, he's not long bought his house and spent a sh!t load on doing it up. I know he's happy here though it may not be his choice, if tan or dalman want the cash then it's likely he's gone.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:31 am

Mardon89 wrote:Correct, Marshall lives in Rhiwbina just on the way through wenalt lanes, he's not long bought his house and spent a sh!t load on doing it up. I know he's happy here though it may not be his choice, if tan or dalman want the cash then it's likely he's gone.

and Birmingham is only just up the road and easy to get there and back for him and his family!!!!

Good luck Marshall and you deserve to be in a proper club, with proper owners and a proper manager and coaching staff, not stuck in this hole! :old:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:40 am

"Integral part", " Difficult to replace" ..... Slade has made his feelings known.

Let's see if those in charge listen to their choice for manager.

I am hoping this only goes through because Marshall wants it.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:48 am

Wayne S wrote:"Integral part", " Difficult to replace" ..... Slade has made his feelings known.

Or uncle fester just talking crap again but sounds good to fans!!!

It still remains Marshall's decision, but lets be honest, only a fool (or someone on silly money) would stay here when you look at the WBA set up and who manages them!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:22 am

In the walesonline article it suggested the decision was down to Tan and Choo....if that's the case well probably sell a player who is Premier class. If we have any ambition at all we must ensure he stays. By slapping a 10 million figure on him if necessary. I think he's worth that anyway.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:51 am

What about marshalls say in this? On several occasions he as clearly stated doesn't want move! So will club sell without his permission?? :roll:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:11 am

arri potta wrote:
Wayne S wrote:"Integral part", " Difficult to replace" ..... Slade has made his feelings known.

Or uncle fester just talking crap again but sounds good to fans!!!

It still remains Marshall's decision, but lets be honest, only a fool (or someone on silly money) would stay here when you look at the WBA set up and who manages them!

But by saying these things if Marshall goes Slade definitely looks like the puppet we always said he was in the beginning. Where's the guys pride, at least get Dalman's take on it and make statements with that in mind.

Let's hope he has done this and thinks he was safe to make the statement. If he's wrong, he is an idiot.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:12 am

pembroke allan wrote:What about marshalls say in this? On several occasions he as clearly stated doesn't want move! So will club sell without his permission?? :roll:

Player can always have the last say as he has a contract but would you stay somewhere you were not wanted?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 am

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What about marshalls say in this? On several occasions he as clearly stated doesn't want move! So will club sell without his permission?? :roll:

Player can always have the last say as he has a contract but would you stay somewhere you were not wanted?

But he is wanted by Slade suppose its up to how much slade can convince tan/dalman he needs him. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:46 am

At least we will have an outfield captain

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:55 am

RYANBLUE wrote:At least we will have an outfield captain

Shame we are about to lose the best keeper in the Championship is how I see it.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:21 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:At least we will have an outfield captain

I have to agree with that. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah: