11th
City Slicker

Re: FourFourTwo predict Cardiff City will finish/your predic

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Valley Lad » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:08 am

We've had good pre seasons before and struggled.
Admittedly we have more stability within the team, but they are virtually the same players with the same manager.
I'm amazed so many expect much better performances & results?
Automatic promotion to me is unthinkable, the prospect of a run at the play offs is probably optimistic, but I think realistically mid table to 14th is more likely?
Early results will obviously play a huge part, potentially difficult fixtures could mean a change in manager after 10/12 games if we struggle. On the other hand if we do well, I still don't think we've good enough 'all round' quality to mount a serious challenge for promotion.
Valley Lad

Postby pengamblue » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:23 am

What a load pf rubbish we're going up Positive post ALERT bloobirds
pengamblue

Postby Fusilier23 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 pm

pengamblue wrote:What a load pf rubbish we're going up Positive post ALERT bloobirds

Agree, if we get a good start I can see us being in the top 5.

Team spirit seems to have totally changed. Players looking fitter and up for the challenge.

Shame if Marshall goes, but one man does not make a team - cannot wait until 1200hrs next Saturday - bring it on :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby welshflinty » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Bottom eight with Slade

When sacked at Christmas will finish 8th
welshflinty

Postby davids » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:17th about right. Anything from 13th down to 20th for me. After last years dire boring football I cannot see how some expect auto promotion :lol: What has given them that belief. We are not buying better players but selling our better players. Team ethic alone will not get you promoted as you need some quality.

We got 11th with a very disruptive season! So having a settled pre season basically same side that finished last one and with couple new players and we are worse than last season? :o

What difference does a pre-season make?

It's only purpose is to get players fit for the new season and perhaps do a bit of "team bonding" though I have no idea why teams can't "bond" during the season.

Or perhaps Russell is using pre-season to change his entire footballing philosophy, from deadly boring non possession hoofball to slick, quick passing possession football played on the floor?

And yes we will be worse than last season unless the new players are better or at least as good as the players who are leaving.
davids

Previous

Return to General Chat