Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF SET TO LOSE MAIN PLAYER " UPDATED

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:29 pm

West Brom have made a bid for Scottish International and Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall

SKY reporting Marshall on his way to WBA for £5m :shock:

Midlands have told WalesOnline the Baggies have approached the Bluebirds - and they could be prepared to offer £5m

Goalkeeper David Marshall will miss Cardiff City's first three Championship fixtures of the season

West Brom are ready to make a shock swoop for Cardiff City captain David Marshall, WalesOnline has learned – and the Bluebirds could be ready to cash-in on their skipper.

Marshall, the Bluebirds’ player of the year in the club’s ill-fated season in the Premier League, is thought to be the subject of a firm enquiry from Albion’s Newport-born boss Tony Pulis.

And it is understood Cardiff could be prepared to listen as the Baggies weigh up a £5m offer for the Scotland No.1 ahead of the Championship kick-off against Fulham next week.

Re: WBA have apparently made a bid for cardiff player

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:34 pm

Hmmmmm

Re: " PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB MAKE BID FOR CARDIFF CITY PLAYER "

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:40 pm

If it's anything over £5m then I would sell.

I would say that would be a reasonable amount of money and, although we'd miss him at times, Simon Moore is a good replacement.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:41 pm

Wba are having a spending spree at the moment. James Chester, potentially Rickie Lambert and now Marshall.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:48 pm

hopefully minimum of 5 mill. class keeper

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Here we go all the money men I'd sell sell sell yeah good idea selling our best players

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:58 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ty-9767005

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:03 pm

He was outstanding in the PL! 7m should be the minimum he should go for. However knowing our club he'll go for 200k and no sell on clause, because lets be fair we are crap at selling players. Come to think of it we aren't that good at buying them either! :bluebird: :D

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:09 pm

I think Moore is a decent keeper but not anywhere near Marshall standard, that's us for a mid table finish (If we are lucky) :thumbup:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:09 pm

£3m deal.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 pm

£5m is what they have offered

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:18 pm

5 million will probably be acccepted

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Igovernor wrote:£5m is what they have offered

Chancers!

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:21 pm

jim white ssn reporting 5 mill deal is close.
love marshall but deserves to be in the prem. personally id wish him all the best. reasonable price to

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Big Ceri wrote:He was outstanding in the PL! 7m should be the minimum he should go for. However knowing our club he'll go for 200k and no sell on clause, because lets be fair we are crap at selling players. Come to think of it we aren't that good at buying them either! :bluebird: :D

Maybe before but under Tan we are a lot better at getting a good price for our assets. Caulker, Mutch and Medel were all sold for same we paid or a profit.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks for everything Marshy. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:32 pm

A class keeper and showed us he is loyal by staying last season.
Good luck top man.

Also i have faith in Moore, looks solid.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:34 pm

I'd be happy with the deal if the £5m would be reinvested in the team, but it probably won't!

£5m is a good deal overall though and we are right to take it, no matter how much I'd like him to stay!

Re: UPDATED " PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB MAKE BID FOR CARDIFF CITY

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:37 pm

If he's a goner then I wish him all the best, fantastic servant, fantastic keeper. All the best Marshy. :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:42 pm

norms76 wrote:If he's a goner then I wish him all the best, fantastic servant, fantastic keeper. All the best Marshy. :bluebird: :bluescarf:

This :bluebird:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:44 pm

If they have actually offered the £5million then 100% Tan will sell him.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:45 pm

norms76 wrote:If he's a goner then I wish him all the best, fantastic servant, fantastic keeper. All the best Marshy. :bluebird: :bluescarf:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Would wish him luck he has done great for us and deserves to be in the prem but would rather have a lot more money for him 5 million is not bad but after the season in the prem he is worth more to me

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If they have actually offered the £5million then 100% Tan will sell him.

Annis, I know he's been with us for a long time and is a great goalkeeper. But £5m is a good price, he probably only has five or six years left maximum.

Think it's the right time, the right price and the right club for him.

Simon Moore is a decent young 'keeper too :thumbright:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 pm

I'd except between 5-6 mill and he deserves to be playing in the prem awesome keeper.

If we do sell him we need to bein in another keeper.

As Moore may be good enough but Wilson definetly isn't IMO. So we need another keeper to contest Moore for the position.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If they have actually offered the £5million then 100% Tan will sell him.

Annis, I know he's been with us for a long time and is a great goalkeeper. But £5m is a good price, he probably only has five or six years left maximum.

Ned,I do agree with you on this :ayatollah: But I also know every City player is for sale if Clubs offer a decent offer,it's the only way Tan can get his money back.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned,I do agree with you on this :ayatollah: But I also know every City player is for sale if Clubs offer a decent offer,it's the only way Tan can get his money back.

Too good for cardiff city, get out while you can marshall or you'll have lumbago all season!!!

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 pm

arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Too good for cardiff city, get out while you can marshall or you'll have lumbago all season!!!

Sadly I have to agree,with some of that,good luck to him. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that Tan's priority is to cut his losses and run. If we get a tidy offer for any of our players, I am sure tan will sell. This is business, and his priority is not putting together a team that will threaten the top few teams in this league, it's about recouping as much of his investment as possible. I am sure he would love to offload plenty more players, but you have to find a team prepared to take them first, easier said than done when you consider the wages some are on.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that Tan's priority is to cut his losses and run. If we get a tidy offer for any of our players, I am sure tan will sell. This is business, and his priority is not putting together a team that will threaten the top few teams in this league, it's about recouping as much of his investment as possible. I am sure he would love to offload plenty more players, but you have to find a team prepared to take them first, easier said than done when you consider the wages some are on.

Spot on. Cheap manager brought in knowing that the major assets would be sold off if suitable bids were made. It will interesting to see if the club re invest any of the money on players. Bearing in mind that not a penny of the parachute payment has been spent this summer it looks unlikely. Looks like no ambition to go forward but to merely maintain Championship status. I hope that's not the case but looks inevitable.