Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This lion thats been murdered

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:57 pm

I love animals and I am all for their protection....but blimey... the white house talking of extraditing the dentist??.

Have people lost touch with what goes on the world? The level of outcry over 1 lion when china openly admits to accepting ivory from slaughtered elephants. Japan and dolphins? Whales?????.

We are witnessing another Kony campaign. People thinking they hold some power with a few clicks of their mouse.

Nothing will come of it. Just that dentist will now have his life ruined. Where is that good old christian thought of forgiving, and giving second chances? No chance. They want his head on a stake. Especially the yanks, with the majority of them claiming to be people of god.

When countless hunts are organised and carried out everyday.

Not only that but I think a lot of westerners have lost touch with the level of human suffering in other parts of the world. Our media is like the teletubbies compared to say the arabic version of al jazeera.

Re: This lion thats been murdered

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:44 am

That dentist has killed countless of animals on so called organised hunts. The man is a tosser and needs incarsarating.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:55 am

Bobbank59 wrote:That dentist has killed countless of animals on so called organised hunts. The man is a tosser and needs incarsarating.

That isn't the OP's point and you know it. The OP is basically saying that people are kicking up a ridiculous fuss about this in proportion to what else is going on in the world, and they are correct. Animals are killed all the time as are humans. Poverty is rife around the world both in the third world and first world countries and people only start complaining when some toff kills a lion. What he has done is totally wrong but the reaction is hardly proportionate or consistent with other events in the world. Heck, there's a murderous cult running around part of the globe throwing people off buildings, drowning people in cages in swimming pools, burning people alive and beheading people and these people only decide to kick up a bloody fuss when it suits them to get all high and mighty.

Its one of the main reasons I left the UK. The country is full of sad entitled prats who live on a foundation of entitlement and who need to gain perspective about the real world. These sad people are the sort that phone Ofcom because they saw a breast on the television before 10pm and it ruined their life and now their child is scarred forever. These people really should just bore off.

:roll: :roll:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:30 am

balkanblue wrote:
Bobbank59 wrote:That dentist has killed countless of animals on so called organised hunts. The man is a tosser and needs incarsarating.

That isn't the OP's point and you know it. The OP is basically saying that people are kicking up a ridiculous fuss about this in proportion to what else is going on in the world, and they are correct. Animals are killed all the time as are humans. Poverty is rife around the world both in the third world and first world countries and people only start complaining when some toff kills a lion. What he has done is totally wrong but the reaction is hardly proportionate or consistent with other events in the world. Heck, there's a murderous cult running around part of the globe throwing people off buildings, drowning people in cages in swimming pools, burning people alive and beheading people and these people only decide to kick up a bloody fuss when it suits them to get all high and mighty.

Its one of the main reasons I left the UK. The country is full of sad entitled prats who live on a foundation of entitlement and who need to gain perspective about the real world. These sad people are the sort that phone Ofcom because they saw a breast on the television before 10pm and it ruined their life and now their child is scarred forever. These people really should just bore off.

I think there's a pretty big fuss being made about Isis mate...

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:22 am

I see your point, alot gets overlooked in this world but it doesn't mean this guy shouldn't be made an example out of. As far as the media is concerned this is a pretty unique case and it's guna get views, that's how the media works.

The Japan dolphin bay and china's lack of compassion toward endangered species are old news. It's sad but it doesn't mean we just forget about things like this.

For the record I don't watch the news, only what I'm unintentionally exposed to on the radio in work because information is there in abundance to find ourselves, we don't need to be spoon fed shit by the system.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 am

balkanblue wrote:

Claiming an overreaction is another way of closing down the debate. Of course there are other problems in the world but the one in the limelight for the next few days is the pointless killing of an amazing animal.

The dentist is not a 'victim' of internet trolling, he is a gutless coward who has taken away the life of a Lion for 'thrills'

Blood sports are disgusting and anyone who participates are cowardly scum. If he really wants to 'hunt' a Lion then do it with a spear face to face, rather than from the back of a lorry with a crossbow.

Sickening.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:27 am

If you are talking about what is fair in the animal kingdom, then I am sure the lion would be happy to organise and one on one fist fight.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Claiming an overreaction is another way of closing down the debate.

So is using ad hominems.

No, it's a valid point. People in the modern world really need to get some perspective. They have everything that matters to them often handed to them on a plate and take it for granted. There are plenty of people who do not kick up a fuss about poverty or murderous cults, whatever religious or political motives they may have, yet are perfectly fine moaning about trivial things like its going to have some catastrophic impact upon their lives.

The only person who has tried to close down the debate is you.

Of course there are other problems in the world but the one in the limelight for the next few days is the pointless killing of an amazing animal.

And it has been blown way out of proportion.

The dentist is not a 'victim' of internet trolling, he is a gutless coward who has taken away the life of a Lion for 'thrills'

Nobody claimed he was a victim of internet trolling. Only you brought that up. I suggest you learn to read and decipher the points actually being made rather than using strawman logic to try and back up your claim. Not to mention the complete premise of what you're actually putting across is based on numerous logical fallacies.

Blood sports are disgusting and anyone who participates are cowardly scum. If he really wants to 'hunt' a Lion then do it with a spear face to face, rather than from the back of a lorry with a crossbow.

Sickening.

Nobody has disagreed with you here. What is your point? The entire premise of this debate is about how proportionate the reaction is to the event that occurred. You can claim this is how the media works but the media in the UK likes to continuously work on the foundation of a witch hunt to push agendas to sell papers.

Simply put, your entire debate is full of fallacies such as appeal to emotion, strawman logic and cherry picking.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:12 am

nubbsy wrote:I think there's a pretty big fuss being made about Isis mate...

There's plenty of people in the Western world who are simply indifferent to it or do not care because they believe it does not impact upon their lives directly.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:36 am

Aye, fair enough post. I personally hope the next time he decides to go on one of these safari hunts, he comes unstuck and gets trampled over by a heard of pissed off elephants and it takes hours for him to die in Agony like it did with that lion. I also hope no one kicks up to much fuss over him if that does happen. If people feel the need to go hunting these wild animals to get thier kicks, then be a man instead of a coward, and go do it with a knife. Make it a bit more even instead of hiding behind a high powered riffle in the safety of a truck

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am

Do you know a great punishment for hunters? Put them in a cage with the animal they were hunting but without a gun. Even up the odds. Then we'll see how hard they are.

Finding it hilarious that David Cameron is stating the Tories will not tolerate animal cruelty... just weeks after they tried to relax laws on fox hunting! You couldn't make it up!

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:32 am

The fact he is a 'hunter' is not the point. Other humans get away with much worse. And no one is calling for them to be put in a cage with the animals they slaughter.

Our history is blood thirsty to say the least.

How people can get on their high horses now while they eat some force fed chickens from KFC is beyond me.

And before anyone says chickens get killed for survival, it is only because it is common practice it is accepted. And how many farm animals are killed inhumanly?.

Lets get the owner of a dairy farm, strap his mother up to the pipes??. Lets do that.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:40 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:The fact he is a 'hunter' is not the point. Other humans get away with much worse. And no one is calling for them to be put in a cage with the animals they slaughter.

How people can get on their high horses now while they eat some force fed chickens from KFC is beyond me.

And before anyone says chickens get killed for survival, it is only because it is common practice it is accepted. And how many farm animals are killed inhumanly?.

Lets get the owner of a dairy farm, strap his mother up to the pipes??. Lets do that.

Your a vegan then I take it?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Nah I eat meat everyday.

Which is why I'm not to ask for a man to be arrested for life over the death of a animal.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:54 pm

I would have edited the above post but for some reason I was unable to after about 20 seconds.

I just think other areas are not talked about enough. If we are going to talk about animal conservation, then hunting is the last of our worries:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:I would have edited the above post but for some reason I was unable to after about 20 seconds.

I just think other areas are not talked about enough. If we are going to talk about animal conservation, then hunting is the last of our worries:

It's all about what's 'in vogue' according to the Press, fella! ;)

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Nah I eat meat everyday.

Which is why I'm not to ask for a man to be arrested for life over the death of a animal.

There's a difference between eating meat to live and killing animals in the name of sport. In my book that lion had more right to live than that dumb arrogant fuking yank that shot it. No doubt one of them thick American kunts who think the way to solve gun crime in the us is to buy more guns. Killing something like that lion sums up the human race for me... Vile species which this planet could do without. I'm no tree hugger. Far from it, but when I see things like that, it makes my blood boil. Them countries who have animals like that in their backyard would make far more money having them as a tourist attraction for things like safaris, so theres even less point in hunting them to kill

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:49 pm

Survival? In our part of the world that really is not the issue. We don't eat to survive, that is just an excuse for the horrific way we treat animals. We eat because we enjoy eating meat, that is what it is. The welfare of the animals really is not even thought about.

If people want to come out and claim to hate the way this animal has been killed, then accept that we sit by and enjoy much worse treatment of other animals.

Since the incident, a bomb went off in mexico killing 16. Do people really think as a race we are all philanthropists?.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:16 pm

people are massive hypocrites. they whine when the chinese kill and eat dogs but then tuck into chicken or pig meat from animals treated in a similar way.

they vilify a man who paid £35k to kill an animal but don't care about the person who took the money, and wouldn't bat an eyelid at a poacher killing a rhino for money.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:16 pm

It's not just an animal though is it, it's a species that's in threat of becoming extinct. he knew the laws, he was an educated man but he done it anyway. The guy is a malicious, selfish tw*t and deserves to be punished accordingly

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:30 pm

nubbsy wrote:

It's not just an animal though is it, it's a species that's in threat of becoming extinct. he knew the laws, he was an educated man but he done it anyway. The guy is a malicious, selfish tw*t and deserves to be punished accordingly

Ye I agree completely.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:41 pm

Of course we enjoy eating meat. Every meat eating animal enjoys eating meat. It doesn't matter what part of the world you're from. There's a difference between eating to live and eating to survive. you think any animal would eat something it didn't like if it didn't have to?. The reason animals are slaughtered the way they are, is to feed the masses. We can't all live on grass. The problem is, there's to fuking many of us on this planet, we have to balance the welfare of animals with feeding the masses, but that still doesn't excuse that kunt from shooting that lion in my book, or any other wanker who gets his kicks from doing stuff like that. And stop harping on about Isis this, 16 people killed there,5 people killed here ect as if we are all stupid and don't know what's going on in the world, like we all need you to remind us? You made a thread about a lion being killed for sport. I'm giving my veiw on that (I hope the kunt gets served up next time he out with his gun) the prick deserves to be shamed. There was absolutely no need to kill that animal other than to boost his ego.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Animals on the verge of extinction are being killed all the time all over the world. The only reason people are crying about this is because its some middle class toff they can stick their snooty noses up to. Bunch of sad acts with nothing else better to do. Why aren't these people campaigning annually against this sort of thing to make a difference? They only moan when it suits them to jump on the bandwagon of a media circus. The UK is full of boring busybodies who need to get hobbies. Too wrapped up in games consoles and thinking they understand life because they can google things and watch the news when a lot of them have experienced very little of it.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:24 pm

balkanblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Animals on the verge of extinction are being killed all the time all over the world. The only reason people are crying about this is because its some middle class toff they can stick their snooty noses up to. Bunch of sad acts with nothing else better to do. Why aren't these people campaigning annually against this sort of thing to make a difference? They only moan when it suits them to jump on the bandwagon of a media circus. The UK is full of boring busybodies who need to get hobbies. Too wrapped up in games consoles and thinking they understand life because they can google things and watch the news when a lot of them have experienced very little of it.

Exactly there reporting because it's different, doesn't mean people can't have an opinion on it. Your obviously so enlightened and above it that you can judge everyone who has had an emotional reaction.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:36 pm

I would love to see this human piece of shit sent back to Zimbabwe:

Let him loose in the bush naked
Let the Park Rangers track him
Wound him with a crossbow
Do not finish him off
Put him on trial in Harare
Send him down for the full 15 years
You can only imagine what jails are like over there

Those cretins who kill beautiful creatures for sport should rot slowly from cancer, long and painful death for the ignorant scumbag.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:I would love to see this human piece of shit sent back to Zimbabwe:

Let him loose in the bush naked
Let the Park Rangers track him
Wound him with a crossbow
Do not finish him off
Put him on trial in Harare
Send him down for the full 15 years
You can only imagine what jails are like over there

Those cretins who kill beautiful creatures for sport should rot slowly from cancer, long and painful death for the ignorant scumbag.

Sorry balkanblue says your not aloud to react over this unless your a vegetarian that regularly campaigns for animal rights. Infact your a toff that needs to get a hobby!

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:44 pm

I am not a veggie, I am not a leftie, anyone who does not give a shit about animals worries me deeply.I understand we can be hypocritical if we eat meat, however to state you do not give a shit about poaching Rhinos is very disturbing.Says a lot about the individual and his deep ignorance and indifference to the world we live in.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:54 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:The fact he is a 'hunter' is not the point. Other humans get away with much worse. And no one is calling for them to be put in a cage with the animals they slaughter.

Cracking idea! Lets put all the farmers through what they do to their animals. I think it would be great fun. I'd watch it over and over again while sipping a six pack :thumbup:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:57 pm

nubbsy wrote:Sorry balkanblue says your not aloud to react over this unless your a vegetarian that regularly campaigns for animal rights. Infact your a toff that needs to get a hobby!

I never mentioned vegetarianism at all. Again, this is yet another attempt at changing the goal posts to detract from the actual points made. As for toffs that need to get a hobby, I suggest you take up English language lessons.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 pm

He's a rich kunt. Here's hoping every gangbanger and crock around his area are watching this coverage, and turn up at his door with Balaclava's in tow. Empty his bank accounts then put a bullet in his head. Fingers crossed it will end up on bestgore