Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Craig Noone "

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Double G wrote:Wolves have put in an official bid for Cardiffs Craig Noone

Gareth, Wolves fans are saying it is not true?

im only passing on information i was given. Not saying its gospel and believe its a good talking point. my belief by who told me is, that theres something in the story :thumbright:
surely u can discuss wether it be true or not

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

72.co.uk just tweeted this Annis.

Wolves have identified Cardiff winger Craig Noone as their top target as they look towards a promotion push to the Premier League next season.

Alan Nixon, journalist for The Sun newspaper, revealed on Twitter “WOLVES in for Craig Noone at Cardiff … top wing target … also active on Sam Gallagher … and so are BLACKBURN ROVERS.”

Noone was a key presence in the Cardiff City side last season, making 37 appearances for the Welsh outfit, chipping in 1 goal and 1 assist along the way.

In total he has made 93 appearances for the Bluebirds, scoring 11 and assisting 11 during campaigns in the Premier League and the Championship.

Now the 27-year-old’s performances have attracted the attention of Wolves, who are looking to add new faces to their already threatening attack.

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:13 pm

End of last season I would have sold him, and probably Pilkington, but the games I've seen in pre season (yes I know the games are of a lesser quality to what we play week in week out) both have played well, Noone has got a few assists and Pilkington a few goals so I would definitely keep the pair of them.

For me, unless a stupidly high bid comes in we should keep Noone and I don't believe we need to see any activity for players outwide.

Noone, Pilkington, Kennedy and Ameobi is good enough to gain promotion. With Kadeem Harris also available

Also, as another poster mentioned, Noone is at the centre of what seems to be a growing happiness in the squad

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:27 pm

I be f*cking gutted if he goes had injury last year and never recovered this is his year to shine watch. He loves the club and loves to play to cardiff and he is a genuinely nice bloke and on his day one of the best wingers in the championship.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:02 pm

We keep forgetting the massive impact the turmoil had on the players.

They are professional but rely on positivity, form, momentum and togetherness.
Club was destroyed
Kennedy mentioned it, turner too, Pilks had a mare, Whitts went off boil.
many quotes floating around on the negativity affecting the players.

Noone has shown more in pre-season than he did last season!
If he goes - I will understand book balancing, but feel he may have a big season in him ready to come out.

If it were Me I'd get rid of macheda and my adopted boy Revell and get another striker
:bluescarf:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:19 pm

neilst wrote:I be f*cking gutted if he goes had injury last year and never recovered this is his year to shine watch. He loves the club and loves to play to cardiff and he is a genuinely nice bloke and on his day one of the best wingers in the championship.

And when will this day come? Totally ineffective winger.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:42 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Let him go was poor last season we don't need another winger to replace him we have Pilks Kennedy and Harris. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

There you go that's your slade for you getting another winger ?

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:12 am

I'd agree, Noone was shite last year but can you really name anyone who was consistently above a 7/10 week in week out? I remember watching him against us at Brighton away a few years back and he tore us up. One of the better championship widemen in my opinion. Annoying thing is, I can see him going to Wolves, coming good & joining the long list of players who have left the city and done damage to us afterwards. I'd rather let him sit on the bench than see him go to Wolves and punish us, as they'll be knocking about the top 6 this year for sure. Yes he might've been a fart this year (who wasn't!?), but put it this way - if I was a fullback, I'd much rather play against Kennedy or Ameobi than Nooney on a good day.

I do like the look of Russell but would only flog Noone if he was a guarenteed replacement. Don't see why we'd want to sell yet another potentially exciting player (especially to a side who'll be up there) when we've already got shot of the likes of Kimbo & Daelhi. If Noone goes then it just confirms my suspicion that he wants rid of any player with a bit of pace and flair. :sladeout:

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth, Well wolves fans are keen on him going there
Link
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=93894

I'm not sure they know who he is annis,he can be so frustrating

Correct Noone can be on fire or he can be a total waste of time

shame is of late we've only seen the latter

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:02 pm

I think he would be great for them, lost confidence in the current set up.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 pm

For what it's worth The 72 rumour blog is claiming that Wolves have dropped any interest they may (or may not) have had in Noone.

http://the72.co.uk/32202/wolverhampton- ... e-striker/?

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Double G wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

im only passing on information i was given. Not saying its gospel and believe its a good talking point. my belief by who told me is, that theres something in the story :thumbright:
surely u can discuss wether it be true or not

Ok Cheers Gareth, no problem :ayatollah: