Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Craig Noone "

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:38 am

Wolves have put in an official bid for Cardiffs Craig Noone

Re: Craig Noone

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 am

Was poor last season but we know the level Nooney can play at, he's done the business for us on plenty of occasions at both Championship and Premier League level so I would definitely keep him. He also seems like a big character in the dressing room as well, the players always mention him as the joker of the group.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:53 am

The player himself would probably benefit from a fresh start somewhere else.

Was excellent in the Premier League (especially away at Man City) but was so poor last season it was hard to believe it was the same player at times.

In view of the desire to cut both playing squad and wages irrespective of how it might affect any promotion bid it would make sense to move him on.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:55 am

How much? And who can we bring in to replace him,if we was able to get Russel in I'd say yes but Russel doesn't want to leave derby so who?

Re: " Craig Noone "

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 am

£1.5-2m I reckon

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:01 am

Unless its 2 million I would keep him as he can change a game and can be really good, we were so desperate to get him as he took as apart so many times when he played for Brighton.

Last season he didn't play as good as he could but last season was one to forget and we need to move on, me personally would like to keep him as I am sure if we sell him to Wolves he will destroy us on 22nd august

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

Double G wrote:Wolves have put in an official bid for Cardiffs Craig Noone

Gareth, Well wolves fans are keen on him going there
Link
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=93894

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:10 am

Should keep him, we all know that he's capable. Perhaps if the whole team tries this season, he'll up his game.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Link

I'm not sure they know who he is annis,he can be so frustrating

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:16 am

Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Link

I'm not sure they know who he is annis,he can be so frustrating

Correct Noone can be on fire or he can be a total waste of time

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 am

Think we should try and keep hold of him, we've seen already this transfer window how hard it is to attract top players. Last season noone never really had a chance to fully recover from that injury he had at the end of the premier league season IMO

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 am

£2m would be a good bid for Noone. But I still wouldn't sell...

It's not just about footballing ability. Anyone else thinking about team morale?

Kennedy's recent interview said that the team spirit is good at the minute, with Noone at the centre of it all. We want to keep that at the minute.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:35 am

I guess if we get that Derby player he,ll go.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am

NIBluebird wrote:I guess if we get that Derby player he,ll go.

That's it,if we can convince Russell of coming to Cardiff then noone will probably go to fund it,big if tho cos Russell seems content at derby,he can see they are gna be promotion candidates

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:28 pm

I would like to keep Craig Noone As if he gets back to his best he is great to watch, maybe the coaches can work on him and as other posters have said he needs good guys around him. Also he is a character and boy do we need them

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:30 pm

I stated last month I was told noone is definitely leaving so maybe wolves it could be

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Let him go was poor last season we don't need another winger to replace him we have Pilks Kennedy and Harris. :thumbright: :sladein: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 pm

At his best and motivated, one of the top wide players in the Championship.

He was shit last year, I suppose much will depend on how he has been this pre season ?

I seem to remember reading that players are saying he's good in the dressing room and part of the improvement in team spirit this season. If that is the case, he will stay because Slade seems to making sure the group are happy and together this season, a happy dressing room is a must.

If he can get get back to his best definitely keep, if his attitude is wrong ship him out, I suppose we will soon find out........

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:47 pm

EVERY player has a price, £2m is a good price for No one who has the ability but is not consistent enough to be a top player.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Awful last season. Generally, how often does he beat the fullback? Very predictable and I can't remember him giving anyone a roasting. Pretend we want to keep him and that he's quality to push the price up, then sell.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:08 pm

We should sell if we get a good bid

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Typical of most of our squad and our biggest problem last season, lack of pace, can't drop a shoulder and beat the full back has to cut inside all the time.
We need a Routlidge, Dyer type player pace to burn.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Gareth, Wolves fans are saying it is not true?

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:50 pm

Noone is a integral part of the dressing room. Good character
Gus poyet at Brighton used noone as a impact player off the bench or start for 60 minutes he is to inconsistent.
If Slade uses noone this way you will see better performances.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Tell wolves no chance :wave:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:35 pm

We would have to sell Noone before we could sign Russell in my opinion, because I think most of the money from the Noone transfer would be needed to pay for Russell. Also, if we did have a £2.5m bid accepted for Russell, there is no guarantee that he would come here anyway. Like he said last week, he is very happy at Derby and there is a very good chance that he will get promoted to the Premier League, with them at the end of next season. Why would he want to leave Derby to join a club that has no ambition, a crap manager, a crazy owner who knows nothing about football and a team that is likely to finish at the very best, in mid table next season??? Answer is he wouldn't. Then we would be down a winger, who on his day is brilliant and who is a very important person to have in the squad, as he is liked by everybody at the club. Then to justify selling Noone, we would probably end up wasting the Noone transfer money on an average winger, a player just like David Cotterill. If we did sell Noone and we wanted Russell to replace Noone, then we would have to talk to Russell to see if he would join us, if Derby did accept a bid for him, then we would have to be 100% sure that Russell would sign for us and if so, then I would agree to everything.

So in closing, I would sell Craig Noone but only if the money we do receive for him, is used to sign his replacement Johnny Russell. Also, only if Russell signs a pre-contract, which states that when we do sell Craig Noone and Derby accept our offer, then Johnny Russell WILL sign permanently for us.

Bloooooobirds.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

72.co.uk just tweeted this Annis.

Wolves have identified Cardiff winger Craig Noone as their top target as they look towards a promotion push to the Premier League next season.

Alan Nixon, journalist for The Sun newspaper, revealed on Twitter “WOLVES in for Craig Noone at Cardiff … top wing target … also active on Sam Gallagher … and so are BLACKBURN ROVERS.”

Noone was a key presence in the Cardiff City side last season, making 37 appearances for the Welsh outfit, chipping in 1 goal and 1 assist along the way.

In total he has made 93 appearances for the Bluebirds, scoring 11 and assisting 11 during campaigns in the Premier League and the Championship.

Now the 27-year-old’s performances have attracted the attention of Wolves, who are looking to add new faces to their already threatening attack.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

72.co.uk just tweeted this Annis.

Wolves have identified Cardiff winger Craig Noone as their top target as they look towards a promotion push to the Premier League next season.

Alan Nixon, journalist for The Sun newspaper, revealed on Twitter “WOLVES in for Craig Noone at Cardiff … top wing target … also active on Sam Gallagher … and so are BLACKBURN ROVERS.”

Noone was a key presence in the Cardiff City side last season, making 37 appearances for the Welsh outfit, chipping in 1 goal and 1 assist along the way.

In total he has made 93 appearances for the Bluebirds, scoring 11 and assisting 11 during campaigns in the Premier League and the Championship.

Now the 27-year-old’s performances have attracted the attention of Wolves, who are looking to add new faces to their already threatening attack.

Noone flatters to deceive in my opinion. 1 goal,and 1 assist last season tells its own story as does his overall record of a goal every 8 games and an assist at the same rate. Nooney is a 100 percenter but at the end of the day his final ball and finishing is not good enough.
The one quality that he has is his banter and how good he is in the camp for team spirit.

Personally if we can get 2 million for him I'd sell.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Over rated, few good games in promotion season, fewer in the Prem, he had pace and very few had that, so he was good in that regard but little else. Utterly terrible last year.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Sell him and buy Russell :bluescarf: :ayatollah: