Chuba Akpom

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chuba Akpom

Postby Lamboy88 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Please don't slate me, but I really think we should push the boat out and get this kid on loan from Arsenal. The boy is class and will score goals. He will no doubt attract attention from premier league clubs if he's offered out on loan, but you never know, It might be worth an enquiry.

There's word that Arsenal are floating round Benzema, so this will only push him down the pecking order behind Giroud etc and will only delay his breakthrough into the first team. He could benefit from a full season of first team football and I think he has the quality to score 20+ goals in the Championship.

Go get him Russell :ayatollah: :sladein:
Lamboy88

Chuba Akpom

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Chuba Akpom

Postby geggs_ccfc » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Slate you, what for??? That is a cracking shout, the kid is real quality. The only downside is that he scored a hat trick for Arsenal against an Malaysian XI team in a friendly the other day. But, like you say there is no harm in trying, you never know what could happen. This is the type of Premiership striker that we should be looking to bring in on a season long loan. A striker who isn't that far off the first team, someone who is thought very highly of by his club and a player who needs a good year away from his parent club on loan so he can hopefully get regular first team football, which will prove to be vital in the progression of any young striker, or any young player for that matter. There are a lot of young strikers just like this in the Premiership and we really should be making better use of the loan market. Ordinarily I would have listed a few but I'm knackered and I really can't be bothered. May be another day, or not. Yes, we signed Ameobi on loan but it wouldn't hurt if we were to bring in another young Premier League player on loan for the season, especially a highly rated young goalscorer, with pace, power, good finisher, etc.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:31 am

He will go to a club in London if he goes on loan :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
troobloo3339

Postby James the bluebird fan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:53 am

It's a good shout and definitely worth an enquiry. We need one more striker that can score a goal out of nothing. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :sladein:
My adopted player for the 2015/16 season is Eoin Doyle.
I'm an 11 year old true bluebird who has had a season ticket for five years in the family stand. Love an away day as well. City for life!
James the bluebird fan

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:58 am

I don't think guinea pig faced Jackett would let him go.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:I don't think guinea pig faced Jackett would let him go.

My mistake I got him and Afobe mixed up. :oops: :lol:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Lamboy88 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Looks like he's on his way to hull on a season long loan. I'd love us to push the boat out as he can clean up in this division. Cmon Russell you know what you need to do!
Lamboy88

Postby davids » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:Looks like he's on his way to hull on a season long loan. I'd love us to push the boat out as he can clean up in this division. Cmon Russell you know what you need to do!

You're Arsene Wenger and you're considering sending the boy out on loan.

Which manager do you trust to develop your youngster into a better player?

Steve Bruce?

Or Russell Slade :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

We have no chance of getting this player.
davids

Postby Overthemoon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:12 pm

davids wrote:
Lamboy88 wrote:Looks like he's on his way to hull on a season long loan. I'd love us to push the boat out as he can clean up in this division. Cmon Russell you know what you need to do!

Steve Bruce?

We're probably not in for him, but didn't you say the same about Ameobi? :D
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby geggs_ccfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:55 pm

If we did sign this kid on loan for the season it would be a master stroke by Slade. He is a quality player and is rated very highly by Wenger. He has scored a few goals this pre season for Arsenal and now he seems to be getting better and better. If we did manage to sign him then I would put a bet on him scoring at least 20+ goals for us come the end of the season. Hopefully, we can sell Kenwyne Jones, Javi Guerra, Adam Le Fondre, Federico Macheda, Etien Velikonja and one or two other players that we don't want and then if we could bring in Tokelo Rantie permanently from Bournemouth and Chuba Akpom on a season long loan from Arsenal. For the final pieces of the jigsaw, we would only need to bring in a replacement for Marshall and a quality box to box, attacking, goalscoring, assist making, midfielder and then I think we would either qualify for the Play Offs or even just sneak automatic Promotion. Bluebirds, Bluebirds, Bluebirds!!!!!!

I would love for the midfielder to be Jonny Williams from Palace. As he is pure class and he is Welsh.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Postby davids » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:29 am

Overthemoon wrote:
davids wrote:

Steve Bruce?

We're probably not in for him, but didn't you say the same about Ameobi? :D

No I didn't. :thumbup:

And we're probably not in for him or anyone else. :wave:
davids

Return to General Chat