Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Its going to be an interesting week ahead '

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:20 am

Slades under pressure to get rid of players by Tan.

And Slades under pressure to bring some new blood in by our fans.

As said in an earlier post, Slade is expected to meet a couple more players this week :thumbright: :thumbright:

And clubs are finally showing interest in our players,but not many willing to pay both the big fees and big wages for them.

Re: ' Its going to be an interesting week ahead '

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:03 am

The squad is still way to big...7 central midfielders vying for 2 places and 6 centre backs for 2 positions...6 strikers for 2 places I dread to think how much money we pay out every week for players to sit in the stands

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:..... clubs are finally showing interest in our players but not many willing to pay both the big fees and big wages for them.

Clubs needs to stop pandering to these overly paid footballers. A players wages at their new club are of no concern to us.

We say yes to an acceptable fee and then the player talks contract with his new club. We'll soon see how desperate he is to move if he accepts their terms.

These players sign their contracts, they know how long they need to stay and how much they will be paid. When things go bad for them they expect to be released from the contract so they can still pick up inflated wages elsewhere.

If he is worth it other teams will pay his wages.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:..... clubs are finally showing interest in our players but not many willing to pay both the big fees and big wages for them.

Clubs needs to stop pandering to these overly paid footballers. A players wages at their new club are of no concern to us.

We say yes to an acceptable fee and then the player talks contract with his new club. We'll soon see how desperate he is to move if he accepts their terms.

These players sign their contracts, they know how long they need to stay and how much they will be paid. When things go bad for them they expect to be released from the contract so they can still pick up inflated wages elsewhere.

If he is worth it other teams will pay his wages.

Unfortunately Wayne we are going to have to accept poor deals for our club...due to the inept transfer/ huge wages we are currently contracted to pay some of the the players we no longer want....these days highly paid players are happy to sit in the stands picking up salaries most people can only dream of

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:39 am

Who is likely to be leaving then?

Noone, Whittingham, Jones, Le Fondre etc...........?

Who is likely to be coming in?

???????????????????????????

City play Fulham in just over 4 weeks. :?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:45 am

Danny Says wrote:Who is likely to be leaving then?

Sub standard signings coming in and any player who can control a ball, pass a ball or see a pass will be offloaded.

The club cares about its fans :digging2:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:28 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Who is likely to be leaving then?

Sub standard signings coming in and any player who can control a ball, pass a ball or see a pass will be offloaded.

The club cares about its fans :digging2:

Yes club wants to get rid of all good players replace with crap ones so that club will be relegated as that's what owner/club wants, sod what fans want!! :laughing6: :thumbup:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:26 pm

I can see one player going out and one coming in. :thumbright:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Is it Slades job to get rid of them then ?

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 am

Pulisnewport wrote:any player who can control a ball, pass a ball or see a pass will be offloaded.

There won't be many leaving then :lol:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 am

Military Junta wrote:Is it Slades job to get rid of them then ?

I actually agree with your inference-I think its all going pretty much to plan.I don't think Slade is under any pressure at the moment as we have a good squad and only one or two more are needed.Of course it will change very quickly if he doesn't get off to a good start.I remember Malky getting loads of shit until after the Charlton game and the rest is history.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:The squad is still way to big...7 central midfielders vying for 2 places and 6 centre backs for 2 positions...6 strikers for 2 places I dread to think how much money we pay out every week for players to sit in the stands

Totally agree, rather see more people leave before we sign people.