UPDATED " Latest News on Adam Le Fondre " UPDATED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Cardiff City striker Adam Le Fondre, according to FLW sources.

Wolves now Favourite

Le Fondre is a target for a number of clubs

By Charlie Firth

Tuesday 7th July 2015

The 28-year-old only signed for Cardiff last summer from Reading for £2.5 million following a strike source revolution under Ole Gunnar Solskjær, but after making 21 appearances for the Bluebirds, he only scored three times.

Le Fondre was then shifted out on loan for the rest of the year at Championship rival’s Bolton Wanderers, where he rediscovered his goalscoring form and netted eight times in 17 appearances.

FLW understands he is now interesting a number of Championship sides, including Wolves, Bolton and Ipswich – however Kenny Jackett’s Wolves are leading the race to sign the 28-year-old forward.

All three sides are looking to add to their strike force this summer, as Wolves target a number of strikers, Ipswich look for a potential replacement for Daryl Murphy, and Bolton look to reshape their strike force.

" Latest News on Adam Le Fondre "

City in the last few days have had enquires from Bolton, Ipswich, Huddersfield and Wolves.

Bolton, Ipswich and Huddersfield apparently are interested in taking on Le Fondre's contract which is high wages,but not willing to buy Le Fondre.

Wolves apparently have the money to buy him and have also enquired.

Going to be interesting as City are demanding a fee.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Latest News on Adam Le Fondre "

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:08 pm

1.5 mill to 2 mill he is worth.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:56 am

The guy wants out...can see this being another cut price exit...even a free transfer!!!!
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby caerblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:The guy wants out...can see this being another cut price exit...even a free transfer!!!!

I'd be amazed if we gave him away for free,you don't sign a player for 2 million or however much it was and just give them away
caerblue

Postby theclaw » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 am

Got to get a fee for him,if the guy wants out he has to drop his wage demands at new club!!
theclaw

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 am

theclaw wrote:Got to get a fee for him,if the guy wants out he has to drop his wage demands at new club!!

We shall see Mr Claw...I guarantee if we do get a fee some/most of it will go as a "loyalty" payment to the player and his agent...the whole system stinks
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Danny Says » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am

He is a proven scorer everywhere he has been bar City.

I don't get why City cannot keep him and get the team to play to his strengths. He is a City player after all. If though he doesn't want t play for City then City should hold out for the best price for him.
Danny Says

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Any player that can get 20 25 plus goals a season is worth around the 3 million mark. And he will get that I'm sure. But hey we are Cardiff City and he will be sold for peanuts :sladeout:
Nuclearblue

Re: UPDATED " Latest News on Adam Le Fondre " UPDATED

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:14 am

Cardiff City striker Adam Le Fondre, according to FLW sources.

Wolves now Favourite

Le Fondre is a target for a number of clubs

By Charlie Firth

Tuesday 7th July 2015

The 28-year-old only signed for Cardiff last summer from Reading for £2.5 million following a strike source revolution under Ole Gunnar Solskjær, but after making 21 appearances for the Bluebirds, he only scored three times.

Le Fondre was then shifted out on loan for the rest of the year at Championship rival’s Bolton Wanderers, where he rediscovered his goalscoring form and netted eight times in 17 appearances.

FLW understands he is now interesting a number of Championship sides, including Wolves, Bolton and Ipswich – however Kenny Jackett’s Wolves are leading the race to sign the 28-year-old forward.

All three sides are looking to add to their strike force this summer, as Wolves target a number of strikers, Ipswich look for a potential replacement for Daryl Murphy, and Bolton look to reshape their strike force.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Mynachdy_Bluebird » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Such a shame because Le Fondre is a great player at this level, It seems players always have the knack to be in good form once they leave :| Problem was we didn't play Le Fondre to his strengths :old:
Mynachdy_Bluebird

Postby Harry Lash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Keep him... create a few different systems and play him as needed. He performed on loan at Bolton and last thing we should do is strengthen potential rivals. I think he can still do a job for us.
Harry Lash

Postby Harry Lash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Keep him... create a few different systems and play him as needed. He performed on loan at Bolton and last thing we should do is strengthen potential rivals. I think he can still do a job for us.
Harry Lash

Postby valleyrambill » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

I think we gave Lefondre more chances than any other striker he didn't do it for us why I don't know but I'm sure Guera would have liked the same chance as I would have . I really believe Lefondre did not want to come to Cardiff and that's why he didn't score as many for us
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 am

Finally there could be some movement, City need to be sensible now. We cant keep a player on high wages, if your not going to play him.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 am

Let's help other teams get promoted, whilst we march on to mid table mediocrity. Only at Cardiff City. :sladeout:
buckleys brewery

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:51 pm

According to reports, Cardiff City striker Adam Le Fondre is believed to be leaving the club with Wolves emerging as front runners.

The 28 year old is currently out of favour at the Bluebirds after spending the second half of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers.

Le Fondre began his professional career at Stockport County in 2004 after coming through the youth ranks at the Greater Manchester club. He altogether made 63 appearances for the club netting on 18 occasions. He was loaned out Rochdale who then made the move permanent for the 2007/08 season.

He spent two seasons at Rochdale, the 2008/09 season was one to remember for the forward picking the top goalscorer award and most of the clubs top awards. He attracted the interest of Rotherham United and they signed him in August 2009.
Le Fondre had two magnificent seasons at the South Yorkshire outfit, firstly in the 2009/10 season. He scored 25 league goals in The Millers surge to the League Two play-offs and scored in both the 1st and 2nd legs, narrowly missing out in the final in a 3-2 defeat to Dagenham & Redbridge. He once again took League Two by storm the following season and once again was the clubs leading scorer with 23 league goals in 45 games. Rotherham failed to get promotion and Le Fondre left the club with a crazy record of 54 goals in 96 games.

Reading signed him for the 2010/11 season for a fee of £350k. He played a big part in Reading’s championship winning season scoring crucial goals against Southampton and Crystal Palace. He remained a Reading player and was to play in the Premier League for the first time. For most of the season Le Fondre was on the bench, but he made a huge impact coming off it. Bagging himself 5 goals in January and a Player of the Month award. Reading were subsequently relegated and faced The Championship once again.

His last season at Reading was once again successful, scoring 15 goals in 38 games including back-to-back hat-tricks against Bolton and Blackpool. An offer from Cardiff was accepted and he made the move to Wales in May 2014. He took part in 21 games for the Bluebirds last season before dropping to the bench and being sent out on loan to Bolton. His time at Bolton was successful, scoring 8 goals in 17 games including 2 against Millwall at the Macron Stadium.
A proven goalscorer at all the clubs he has been at, he would make great competition with the likes of Afobe, Murphy and Clough. Depending on what Cardiff’s asking price is, he could be a great signing for any Championship club.
TopCat CCFC

Postby maccydee » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:58 am

caerblue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:The guy wants out...can see this being another cut price exit...even a free transfer!!!!

I'd be amazed if we gave him away for free,you don't sign a player for 2 million or however much it was and just give them away

Kim we did.
maccydee

Return to General Chat