Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SAMMY AMEOBI DECISION LATEST '

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:49 pm

' SAMMY AMEOBI DECISION LATEST '

Sammy Ameobi will sign a contract with Newcastle in the next couple of days and will then make his decision known on where he will go for a season long loan.

Wolves are the front runners but Slade is quietly confident he will get the pacy wideman.

Brighton have expressed an interest but it looks a straight battle between calling Cardiff City Stadium or Molineux his temporary home.

Expect to here something in the next few days.

Re: ' SAMMY AMEOBI DECISION LATEST '

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Hopefully he picks us. I would be excited by this signing.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Are wolves really a bigger club than us?.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:01 pm

I wouldn't be bothered if he doesnt come to us tbh.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Whenever we are in situations like this they never seem to go our way so I'd expect he will sign for wolves

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Are wolves really a bigger club than us?.

Although it's not entirely a question of bigger, yes.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes loads more history and a larger fanbase if these count as criteria for being bigger

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Work with a Geordie who highly rates the lad. Hope he see's sense

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:14 pm

cendl blue wrote:

Yes loads more history and a larger fanbase if these count as criteria for being bigger

Their crowds in recent seasons haven't been impressive. I think we have the greater potential :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Do we really want him????
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... qRCUgMa0sA

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Iv'e not seen him play many times, but to be honest he just looks like a clumsy one footed lanky speedster, Cohen Griffiths and Kevin Bartlet type... Sorry Cohen i still love you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :sladeout: :bluescarf: PS Cohen wasn't Lanky just clumsy :lol:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:55 pm

The Geordies think he is real shite.

Played 21 times in 5 seasons for them, (bottom/middle prem club) they don't rate him at all.

Could be a dud.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Yes :bluebird:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:16 am

Yes without any doubt.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:24 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Yes without any doubt.

Far bigger than us, plus according to other forums and the press, generally expected to be promotion contenders this season. Looking at the odds for Wolves there are 3 or 4 teams which are more fancied than them, while most bookies have us behind around 12 to 13 teams. We are seen by most to be a mid table side while Wolves are expected to be up towards the top. I said on here last week that if I was a player I would choose Wolves over us without a second thought. Plenty more players around though, just hope Slade can persuade some of the better ones to join us.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:19 am

Ive just drove past him in roath.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:20 am

Ive just drove past him in roath.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:20 am

On his way to Howells ?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:34 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yes without any doubt.

Far bigger than us, plus according to other forums and the press, generally expected to be promotion contenders this season. Looking at the odds for Wolves there are 3 or 4 teams which are more fancied than them, while most bookies have us behind around 12 to 13 teams. We are seen by most to be a mid table side while Wolves are expected to be up towards the top. I said on here last week that if I was a player I would choose Wolves over us without a second thought. Plenty more players around though, just hope Slade can persuade some of the better ones to join us.

You choose wolves every time over us? What if city offered substantially more money? Or wouldn't that effect players decision? :laughing6:
Safe to say wolves are generally a bigger club but counts for little when monies concerned! :thumbup:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 am

Just seen him on Bute street. 100%

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:47 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yes without any doubt.

You choose wolves every time over us? What if city offered substantially more money? Or wouldn't that effect players decision? :laughing6:
Safe to say wolves are generally a bigger club but counts for little when monies concerned! :thumbup:

It's a loan move, you can't offer more money. Only a loan fee and that would go to Newcastle, not the player in question.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:07 pm

A couple of comments from Newcastle fans who generally seem to want him gone.

If he is being offered a deal no matter how poor it is he will snap it up as I cant see any other half decent club will want to take him on. Don't they watch him on the pitch running for ten yards then stopping for a rest. He's not a kid but a twenty three year old who should have proven his worth by now. What will the club say next, He's a late developer and should come good over the next few years. Worse player than Obertan and as much use as his brother. If we keep him it will show us how much ambition the club has. Get shot of him and the other dozen players who aren't up to the job.

FlagShare
3JLawls91fishandchipsA lexLikeReply

Porciestreet

Porciestreet
May 30, 2015

@toonterrier He will always be needing a breather because he is asthmatic and can only work in short bursts anyway. It's a great shame. He went to school with my Godson and was always a standout player but alas, was never going to go much further than he has . A pity also because he has enormous talent but circustances won't allow him to release it.
- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/05/the-rea ... fvo8y.dpuf

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:13 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:[the club who choose where player is loaned out yote="pembroke allan"]
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yes without any doubt.

It's a loan move, you can't offer more money. Only a loan fee and that would go to Newcastle, not the player in question.[/quote]

Was an hypothesis regarding what makes a player choose a club! :thumbup:
More often than not its the club that chooses where player goes on loan, as they want him to have 1st team action also style play that will benefit player and if other club pays the wages!

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Ah I see! Think they'd choose Wolves as he would be a direct replacement for Sako, in that case.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:04 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:Ah I see! Think they'd choose Wolves as he would be a direct replacement for Sako, in that case.

But he's chosen us so we are not that small! :lol: