Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Game of Thrones (spoilers)

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Any fans of this show here? Any thoughts when the next book is out? Who are Jon Snow's parents? Is he dead? Anything else?

Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Jon Snow is not dead.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I love the show but I'll be honest I haven't read any of the books. Stating the obvious ned stark is Jon snows father and I'm sure he said the mother was a peasant women while he was away fighting for Robert baretheron. If he's still alive It will be more of a shock than how he was attacked .
Never fails to shock and surprise the series is over too quick

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Jon's Parents are Rhaegar Targaeryan and Lyanna Stark.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

cendl blue wrote:I love the show but I'll be honest I haven't read any of the books. Stating the obvious ned stark is Jon snows father and I'm sure he said the mother was a peasant women while he was away fighting for Robert baretheron. If he's still alive It will be more of a shock than how he was attacked .

Ned Stark is not Jon's father.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
cendl blue wrote:I love the show but I'll be honest I haven't read any of the books. Stating the obvious ned stark is Jon snows father and I'm sure he said the mother was a peasant women while he was away fighting for Robert baretheron. If he's still alive It will be more of a shock than how he was attacked .

R + L = J :ayatollah:

Not read the books. Show is good though, it's not omfg amazing like some people treat it, it can be a bit of a tough journey to get through. But it's still some of the best TV at the moment.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:45 pm

maccydee wrote:

Cheers. You've given me another reason to watch it from the start just assumed he was neds b*stard son

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:47 pm

RFMH wrote:
maccydee wrote:

R + L = J :ayatollah:

Not read the books. Show is good though, it's not omfg amazing like some people treat it, it can be a bit of a tough journey to get through. But it's still some of the best TV at the moment.

My thoughts exactly the show is good enough

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:03 pm

cendl blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Cheers. You've given me another reason to watch it from the start just assumed he was neds b*stard son

Books are a tough read if you fancy them they are worth it.

Keep an eye on the flashbacks they tell a lot. Next season a lot should be revealed about Jon Snow.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
cendl blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
cendl blue wrote:I love the show but I'll be honest I haven't read any of the books. Stating the obvious ned stark is Jon snows father and I'm sure he said the mother was a peasant women while he was away fighting for Robert baretheron. If he's still alive It will be more of a 5shock than how he was attacked .

Keep an eye on the flashbacks they tell a lot. Next season a lot should be revealed about Jon Snow.

Intrigued now. ive got one of the books here but have never read it for some reason. Given me a reason to take it on hols next week. Cheers

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:34 pm

cendl blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
cendl blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
cendl blue wrote:I love the show but I'll be honest I haven't read any of the books. Stating the obvious ned stark is Jon snows father and I'm sure he said the mother was a peasant women while he was away fighting for Robert baretheron. If he's still alive It will be more of a 5shock than how he was attacked .

Intrigued now. ive got one of the books here but have never read it for some reason. Given me a reason to take it on hols next week. Cheers

It was thought to be in this season, books and TV series are about the same time point now with 1-2 (more than likely 2) books and I think 2 or 3 seasons left.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 pm

RFMH wrote:
cendl blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
cendl blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

It was thought to be in this season, books and TV series are about the same time point now with 1-2 (more than likely 2) books and I think 2 or 3 seasons left.

They are pretty much the same point. There's a lot gone on in the TV series that is way different to the books but there was also some stuff from the next book in this series. Definitely two books left and two or three TV series.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Jon snow is a targarian

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:07 pm

There's a reason to why the red witch wanted Jon Snow to leave with Stannis.
There's a reason to why the red witch wanted a blood sacrifice.
There's a reason to why she abandoned Stannis and returned to the Wall.

R+ L= J

Dany is surrounded by Dothraki Horseman
She doesn't have Greyscale because Targaryans are not susceptible to the sickness of man.

Jon Snow is Dead

Azor Ahai will rise

Bran will be a Dragonrider

ValarMorghulis

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:38 pm

AJ1927 wrote:There's a reason to why the red witch wanted Jon Snow to leave with Stannis.

R+ L= J

She doesn't have Greyscale because Targaryans are not susceptible to the sickness of man.

Jon Snow is Dead

Azor Ahai will rise

ValarMorghulis

Do you think they will see her on a dragon as being powerful and follow her?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Jesus wept

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Denzil wrote:Jesus wept

Jesus ain't in Game of Thrones. Do you mean Joffrey?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 pm

maccydee wrote:

No.....anyway never mind, put your yes cd back on and read the Hobit again.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

No one really uses CDs anymore mate.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:50 pm

RFMH wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What about the wireless radio and the horseless carriage ?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 pm

maccydee wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:There's a reason to why the red witch wanted Jon Snow to leave with Stannis.

R+ L= J

Jon Snow is Dead

Azor Ahai will rise

ValarMorghulis

I would suspect so, the Show has made a mockery out of the unsullied forces so to give her a new alliance with the Dothraki would make sense.

Rumours are rife that Euron Greyjoy is being cast which is excellent news as he is a f*cking machine and a warrior to match any of the ones we have seen to date. Will he seek Vengence for Theon?
Are Theon and Sansa alive ( Could Sansa become the hooded woman ?)

And what will Qyburn do with his new Blue Montain?

Suppose we will just have to wait til April.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Also a rumour suggests Beric Dondaryan and his Priest Thoros have found the lifeless Hound and healed him.

Just rumours though.

#HeWantsTheChickens

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:19 am

Denzil wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

You are as funny as Ebola

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:21 am

AJ1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

R+ L= J

Jon Snow is Dead

Azor Ahai will rise

ValarMorghulis

I would suspect so, the Show has made a mockery out of the unsullied forces so to give her a new alliance with the Dothraki would make sense.

Rumours are rife that Euron Greyjoy is being cast which is excellent news as he is a f*cking machine and a warrior to match any of the ones we have seen to date. Will he seek Vengence for Theon?
Are Theon and Sansa alive ( Could Sansa become the hooded woman ?)

And what will Qyburn do with his new Blue Montain?

Suppose we will just have to wait til April.

Yes Euron off to find Dany. They left out the Dornish characters from the book and the other Taergaryan.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:55 pm

maccydee wrote:
Denzil wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

That's as maybe, but I don't live in a dreamworld playing world of warcraft, or reading fantasy books and watching programs with dragons in. Get back down the station and see if you can spot some trains with your anorak on.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Denzil wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

That's as maybe, but I don't live in a dreamworld playing world of warcraft, or reading fantasy books and watching programs with dragons in. Get back down the station and see if you can spot some trains with your anorak on.

What happened to you in your life that made you act in such a spiteful tone to someone simply for something they and others enjoy? There's a bunch of extremists over in the Middle East who would welcome individuals that possess that amount of vitriol towards people.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:36 pm

Zabier wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Denzil wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What happened to you in your life that made you act in such a spiteful tone to someone simply for something they and others enjoy? There's a bunch of extremists over in the Middle East who would welcome individuals that possess that amount of vitriol towards people.

:tandragon: :tandragon:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Denzil wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Denzil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Please enlighten me what you do for fun then Denzil?

Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:17 pm

image.jpg
DENZIL IS HIS OWN WORST ENEMY.
HE HATES FANTASY OR SCIFI STUFF BUT GETS A SEMI AT THE OPPURTUINITY TO CALL PEOPLE SILLY NAMES WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT IT.

CLASSIC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:21 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
image.jpg
DENZIL IS HIS OWN WORST ENEMY.
HE HATES FANTASY OR SCIFI STUFF BUT GETS A SEMI AT THE OPPURTUINITY TO CALL PEOPLE SILLY NAMES WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT IT.

CLASSIC

He seems like a Lannister.

GoT joke ha ha.