Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SLADE BRINGS PSYCHOLOGIST IN '

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:10 am

Russell Slade urges Cardiff City players to see a psychologist ahead of new season

By Terry Phillips

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ty-9589451?

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade has told his players he wants them to see a psychologist this week to get them ready for the big Championship battle ahead.

Slade revealed he has regular sessions with a mind man himself and is asking the Bluebirds stars to do likewise in the coming days.

It is part of his plan to get the players in tip top shape mentally and physically for the August 8 kick-off against Fulham, with Slade also putting the squad through gruelling daily double training sessions.

The psychologist is being brought on board to work with the Cardiff City stars during their week away in Leicestershire, which starts on Monday.

Slade is taking a 25-man squad for five days of hard work and he promises there will be little respite from building towards the first Championship match at home to Fulham.

Revealing his own sessions with the psychologist to help him remain focused on the right areas of management, Slade said: “It’s something I do on a regular basis myself and it will be good for the players to see what he can offer.

“He is a man who works regularly with professional footballers and professionals in other sports. The players will have two sessions with him next week.

“It will be of value to some and those who find it useful can take advantage of his work going forward if they want to.”

Of the week in Leicestershire, Slade said: “The whole squad will have meetings where we look at every aspect of preparing for the new season and what we expect from the team and each individual.

“We have three sessions a day arranged and the planning has been meticulous. Everything has been organised and there will be plenty to test everybody physically and mentally.

“The whole week will be a chance to grow together. We have team bonding exercises and the work we do is going to be invaluable.”

Re: ' SLADE BRINGS PSYCHOLOGIST IN '

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:20 am

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

I could comment but I won't :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:27 am

Nothing new in this every little helps? :laughing6:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:27 am

NOW we know why Slade realises how good he is ?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:32 am

Every club should have there own sports psychologist anyway.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:43 am

Can only be a good thing. :thumbright: :sladein:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:47 am

Will they make him available to the fans?

If we have to watch the drivel that we played for most of last season I'm going to book a session.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:51 am

Hopefully this Psychologist will have managed to get Slade over his fear of playing formations that arn't 4-4-2 :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:52 am

davids wrote:Will they make him available to the fans?

If we have to watch the drivel that we played for most of last season I'm going to book a session.

Or the owner???? :o :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:13 pm

phildavies wrote:Every club should have there own sports psychologist anyway.

Every club except city probably! :o

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:14 pm

:lol:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

It's a good thing, but amazing that's it's taken this long, if Dave Jones had brought one in we would have been promoted, I think we've had a weak mentality for years.

The exception was Malky's promotion team, not sure if he had them in, but that was the strongest team mentally for years, maybe a decent Manager can give them the confidence himself ???

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:02 pm

We ended the season with 4-4-1-1....so maybe Noddy was cured of his obsession.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Still negativity flying everywhere when there's absolute no need but great news :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Is that so players can understand his tactics :digging2:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Is that so players can understand his tactics :digging2:

Tactics?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:05 pm

It's us fans who nee a psychologist :bluebird:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's a good thing, but amazing that's it's taken this long, if Dave Jones had brought one in we would have been promoted, I think we've had a weak mentality for years.

The exception was Malky's promotion team, not sure if he had them in, but that was the strongest team mentally for years, maybe a decent Manager can give them the confidence himself ???

Well I know Bellers used one and I'm pretty sure he said in his book that some of the other cardiff players began to use him aswell.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:19 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Is that so players can understand his tactics :digging2:

Tactics?

Sorry. My mistake

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Is he on the NHS ?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:37 am

You aren't the only one. There's a lot of miserable sods on here who need some therapy. :sladein:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:19 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:35 am

Psychologist?

This is ridiculous.

:sladeout: