" Ex Jack Close to signing for Cardiff "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: * Close to signing*

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:07 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Some Fans want marquee signings and of course at the same time spend little money and hey let's pay them crap wages if we can, need to get in the real world!! We are a championship team, you could do a lot worse than this signing and he impressed me for Wales against Cyprus. Conway wasn't blessed with pace not was he a marquee signing but he was part of a championship winning team. Some of the comments are ridiculous, similar to the comments about peltier before he had even kicked a ball. You wanted Welsh players, here is one. :bluebird:

^^^^ This!

Make your mind up some of you. Do you want sensible spending on suitable players or do you really want ridiculous money blown on so-called quality players?

Cotterell is a Welsh international with a number of goals to his name. His standards are more than adequate for this league.

I just think some can't bear to have an ex-jak at the club. Grow up!!

Sensible money on suitable players all day, but not for me on this particular signing. The boy couldn't give a shit about Cardiff City despite being born and bred here and on top of this is an ex wurzel and ex jack. I'm fed up of our club spending money like it grows on trees and I'm certainly 100% behind spending within our means but not on this clown.

Bring someone in that would actually want to make a difference, someone with ambition and hunger to do well for himself and Cardiff City.

How about judging him after he's played for us, you say he couldn't give a shit about Ccfc but did he have love the other clubs? Probably not, he's a professional footballer and international and I will welcome him like I do with every player who pulls on our shirt :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Ex Jack Close to signing for Cardiff "

Postby ianto13 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Ex Jacks Andy Legg ,Jason Bowen and before that John Charles,Ivor Allchurch, Barry Hole and Barry Jones didn't do too badly for us and they weren't even Cardiff boys. At least we might now have a Welsh International in our team?
ianto13

Postby Cornishblue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Met his mum, they are Ely people. She had her house vandalised by city fans when he was a jack! So be surprised if he forgave that?
Cornishblue

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Some Fans want marquee signings and of course at the same time spend little money and hey let's pay them crap wages if we can, need to get in the real world!! We are a championship team, you could do a lot worse than this signing and he impressed me for Wales against Cyprus. Conway wasn't blessed with pace not was he a marquee signing but he was part of a championship winning team. Some of the comments are ridiculous, similar to the comments about peltier before he had even kicked a ball. You wanted Welsh players, here is one. :bluebird:

^^^^ This!

Make your mind up some of you. Do you want sensible spending on suitable players or do you really want ridiculous money blown on so-called quality players?

Cotterell is a Welsh international with a number of goals to his name. His standards are more than adequate for this league.

I just think some can't bear to have an ex-jak at the club. Grow up!!

Sensible money on suitable players all day, but not for me on this particular signing. The boy couldn't give a shit about Cardiff City despite being born and bred here and on top of this is an ex wurzel and ex jack. I'm fed up of our club spending money like it grows on trees and I'm certainly 100% behind spending within our means but not on this clown.

Bring someone in that would actually want to make a difference, someone with ambition and hunger to do well for himself and Cardiff City.

How about judging him after he's played for us, you say he couldn't give a shit about Ccfc but did he have love the other clubs? Probably not, he's a professional footballer and international and I will welcome him like I do with every player who pulls on our shirt :thumbup:

Each to their own mate, I'll always support anyone in a City shirt but would prefer that we don't sign him.
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby mr_nellio » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:44 am

Im not dissapointed with this, definiutly good enough to pl;ay in the championship IMO. My issue though is that I feel that we require significant improvement in order to make the playoffs. Although Coterrill is a decent championship level player he fits right in with the usual average championship/lower division Slade signing. Just a lack of ambition IMO, another mid table season for us. If fact if we accept offers for some of out better players wouldnt be suprised to see us finish bottom half of the table around 18 etc
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby norms76 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:02 am

mr_nellio wrote:Im not dissapointed with this, definiutly good enough to pl;ay in the championship IMO. My issue though is that I feel that we require significant improvement in order to make the playoffs. Although Coterrill is a decent championship level player he fits right in with the usual average championship/lower division Slade signing. Just a lack of ambition IMO, another mid table season for us. If fact if we accept offers for some of out better players wouldnt be suprised to see us finish bottom half of the table around 18 etc

Can't win really, Slade makes these signings it's lack of ambition... We start spending big Tan is rising the debt. We can't have it both ways, fans will moan which ever way it goes.
norms76

Postby lathamgaffney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:34 pm

My cousin Kaid Mohamed is one of his good friends and he's certainly not a role model when it comes to professional. Constantly on the piss, smoking and who knows what else. It's a no for me! :wave:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:
09/01/2015 - The Rebirth of the Bluebirds

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LathamGaffney
lathamgaffney

Postby cityblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Between us and Wigan :shock:
Welsh and proud
cityblue

Postby mr_nellio » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:42 pm

norms76 wrote:
mr_nellio wrote:Im not dissapointed with this, definiutly good enough to pl;ay in the championship IMO. My issue though is that I feel that we require significant improvement in order to make the playoffs. Although Coterrill is a decent championship level player he fits right in with the usual average championship/lower division Slade signing. Just a lack of ambition IMO, another mid table season for us. If fact if we accept offers for some of out better players wouldnt be suprised to see us finish bottom half of the table around 18 etc

Can't win really, Slade makes these signings it's lack of ambition... We start spending big Tan is rising the debt. We can't have it both ways, fans will moan which ever way it goes.

A fair point but in my opinion when you consider how much money we got for finishing bottom we should be looking to invest to go back up. Essentially the club should not be going on about trying to get back into the prem etc then go and do the opposite. We're not trying to get back into the prem but were trying to consolodate our position in the champioship whilst reducing costs.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:My cousin Kaid Mohamed is one of his good friends and he's certainly not a role model when it comes to professional. Constantly on the piss, smoking and who knows what else. It's a no for me! :wave:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Decent player, Kaid Mohamed. Saw him play a few times for Carmarthen Town. Last I heard, he was with the Gas, but don't think he's there now.
llangainbluebird

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:02 pm

If Ameobi has signed then I hope we don't bring Cotterill in. Ameobi, Kennedy, Pilkington, Harris is plenty for this division.
KBK-13

Postby bluebird12345 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 pm

If he signs hopes he proves you negative cunts wrong !
bluebird12345

Postby scotsjack » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:35 am

From his time at Swansea he was very much a confidence player, when things were going his way he was a very good player for us. If the going got tough it seemed to take a lot to get him going again.

He missed a couple of penalties, (Saved, missed? I can't remember that well) and it all fell apart for him down here.

There's a good player in there if he is managed properly.
scotsjack

Previous

Return to General Chat