Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Ex Jack Close to signing for Cardiff "

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:09 am

Former-Swan and Welsh international David Cotterill is close to signing for Cardiff City (Wales Online) #swans http://t.co/6qg44aWgOE

Re: * Close to signing*

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:19 am

my £20 for relegation is looking oh so much more like guaranteed! :thumbup:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:21 am

Brum want to much

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:22 am

Aw come on be positive. He's a good player :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 am

I heard someone say he is the slowest winger theyve ever seen. But football manager used to givr him around 19, 20 (out of 20) for pace.

Which is it?.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:45 am

Would be a good signing. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:49 pm

arri potta wrote:my £20 for relegation is looking oh so much more like guaranteed! :thumbup:

You may as well have set fire to that £20. :lol:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:18 pm

A very poor signing in my opinion

:sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 pm

hes rubbish sorry, very poor signing

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:32 pm

arri potta wrote:my £20 for relegation is looking oh so much more like guaranteed! :thumbup:

There's no way we'll get relegated even with Slade in charge mate.

A very, very average signing ...... Should fit right in.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:39 pm

I agree, I am totally underwhelmed by this signing, if it does go through. Scraping the barrel is the word that springs to mind, when describing this transfer. I would rather us give more chances to Declan John - on the wing - Kadeem Harris or even David Tutonda, than waste any money on Cotterill. Why would we go back in for him, especially how he rejected a move to us a few years ago, due to him not liking Cardiff City or anything associated with us.

Please Slade, just move on to another target.

Bloooooobirds.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:45 pm

He was great last season, he created the most chances in the league last season on average, we could do with some creativity. Apparently he has a killer cross as well. Don't see the problem, other than he's a former jack.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:48 pm

People will never be happy. one of the best deliveries of a ball from set pieces in this division. gives us an alternative to whitts when on the other side of the pitch now.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:49 pm

This has got to be one of the most underwhelming signings of the last few seasons! I was more excited about signing Semi Ajayi. I know people's opinions differ but I think he is awful, I wish I can be proved wrong and he plays brilliantly. The one good thing is that he is Welsh!

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Can't argue with his stats from last year. I've been told that we've offered him less wages than what he's on now but he wants to be close to his kids in Cardiff after a recent divorce. Don't know how true this is, just what I heard

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Looks like he is definitely signing. Very happy :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Will this mean the fatwa on him will be lifted. LOL :sladeout:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Everyone was underwhelmed when we signed the likes of Andreas Cornelius, Warren Feeney and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie... Look how well those 3 did for us. Smashed in the goals every game.

Don't hate on Cotterill. He may well surprise you!

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Sad thing is a small element of fanbase wants us to fail

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Nobody wants us to fail just being realistic weare going backwards signing this level of player

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:13 pm

DEANO wrote:Nobody wants us to fail just being realistic weare going backwards signing this level of player

Wales really went backwards when Cotterill came on as sub home to Cyprus didn't they...oh, wait a minute, he scored and we won! :oops:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Some Fans want marquee signings and of course at the same time spend little money and hey let's pay them crap wages if we can, need to get in the real world!! We are a championship team, you could do a lot worse than this signing and he impressed me for Wales against Cyprus. Conway wasn't blessed with pace not was he a marquee signing but he was part of a championship winning team. Some of the comments are ridiculous, similar to the comments about peltier before he had even kicked a ball. You wanted Welsh players, here is one. :bluebird:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Some Fans want marquee signings and of course at the same time spend little money and hey let's pay them crap wages if we can, need to get in the real world!! We are a championship team, you could do a lot worse than this signing and he impressed me for Wales against Cyprus. Conway wasn't blessed with pace not was he a marquee signing but he was part of a championship winning team. Some of the comments are ridiculous, similar to the comments about peltier before he had even kicked a ball. You wanted Welsh players, here is one. :bluebird:

Here here fella, some peeps need to wake up and smell the coffee. Let's hope he proves the doubters wrong. Be nice to see a welsh boy play for us for a change

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Some Fans want marquee signings and of course at the same time spend little money and hey let's pay them crap wages if we can, need to get in the real world!! We are a championship team, you could do a lot worse than this signing and he impressed me for Wales against Cyprus. Conway wasn't blessed with pace not was he a marquee signing but he was part of a championship winning team. Some of the comments are ridiculous, similar to the comments about peltier before he had even kicked a ball. You wanted Welsh players, here is one. :bluebird:

Spot on all very true

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 pm

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Great post fella.

Re: " Ex Jack Close to signing for Cardiff "

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:50 pm

As long as he gives 100% for the club, then I will back him.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:02 pm

James the bluebird fan wrote:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Great post fella.

Excellent post. Getting sick of the same bellenends knocking everything were doing but have no solutions just winge

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:07 pm

I want a few decent players mate, I don't give a shit whether they're Welsh or not.

Cotterill is crap - which one of Slade's lists was he on?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:30 pm

^^^^ This!

Make your mind up some of you. Do you want sensible spending on suitable players or do you really want ridiculous money blown on so-called quality players?

Cotterell is a Welsh international with a number of goals to his name. His standards are more than adequate for this league.

I just think some can't bear to have an ex-jak at the club. Grow up!!

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

^^^^ This!

Make your mind up some of you. Do you want sensible spending on suitable players or do you really want ridiculous money blown on so-called quality players?

Cotterell is a Welsh international with a number of goals to his name. His standards are more than adequate for this league.

I just think some can't bear to have an ex-jak at the club. Grow up!!

Sensible money on suitable players all day, but not for me on this particular signing. The boy couldn't give a shit about Cardiff City despite being born and bred here and on top of this is an ex wurzel and ex jack. I'm fed up of our club spending money like it grows on trees and I'm certainly 100% behind spending within our means but not on this clown.

Bring someone in that would actually want to make a difference, someone with ambition and hunger to do well for himself and Cardiff City.