Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

*Anthony Pilkington*

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:44 am

Number of clubs interested in him on loan. Clubs include Sheffield Wed & Huddersfield.

Re: *Anthony Pilkington*

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:51 am

He needs to stay.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:06 am

Reject them

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:46 am

Blue1989 wrote:Number of clubs interested in him on loan. Clubs include Sheffield Wed & Huddersfield.

I don't get why we would want to send one of our best wingers on loan :? :shock:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:59 am

Blue1989 wrote:Number of clubs interested in him on loan. Clubs include Sheffield Wed & Huddersfield.

Yes enquires have been made if we want to off load him, as you say on loan, no fee

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:28 am

Personally I'm not fussed on him. Has to many injuries.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:43 am

When fit, he's a good player. Better to loan out the likes of Harris to a lower league club.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:55 am

When fit and after a few games I thought he was one if our better players in a very poor team

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:44 am

Blue1989 wrote:Personally I'm not fussed on him. Has to many injuries.

Agree.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:45 am

Keep him fit. He'll be important to our plans. Cracking player, technically gifted

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:56 am

BlueSince1908 wrote:Keep him fit. He'll be important to our plans. Cracking player, technically gifted

Agree, our poor form started when he got injured. He looked sharp coming back end of the season.

Injury issues a worry but should be kept as he is our best winger if fit. Him and Kennedy either wing

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:14 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
BlueSince1908 wrote:Keep him fit. He'll be important to our plans. Cracking player, technically gifted

Agree, our poor form started when he got injured. He looked sharp coming back end of the season.

Injury issues a worry but should be kept as he is our best winger if fit. Him and Kennedy either wing

Was watching him train in the warm up and it was a sight to watch seeing how skillfull he was. Can deliver a good ball as well, just need to keep him fit. Only on about £15k too according to this board. Worth it

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Why would we loan out our only decent winger ??????

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Who Is Anthony Pilkington?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Blooballoon wrote:Who Is Anthony Pilkington?

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Real tricky winger and gives defenders hell can score aswell just injury prone slade please keep him :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:10 pm

What you've got ask ourselves is, is Pilkinghton worth £20,000 plus a week ?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What you've got ask ourselves is, is Pilkinghton worth £20,000 plus a week ?

IMHO yes.
I'm sure we can afford a few high earners and Pilkington, Manga, Fabio and Marshall should be the crown jewellery.
True he's injury prone, but he's also by far the best in his position in the club.
He was a big loss for us last year and had it not been for him, Marshall and Manga missing a load of games we may well have been a lot closer to the play offs.

Id rather move on Jones, Le Fondre, Dikgachoi and Guerra to make space on the wage bill.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Werent there rumours he went out on halloween when we had a game the next day?.

Watching him during the game he was blowing out of his arse within 5 minutes. Taken off at half time. Barely featured since.

Need I say more.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:33 pm

H was injured, and never played the rest of the season

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Defo gotta keep him. The best winger at the club and we must keep quality. :ayatollah: :sladein:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:09 pm

The team definitely lost form and looked lost after he got injured last season. Our worst patch of form last season coincided with him first being missing from the team. :sladein:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Injury prone as all hell, but when he was fit and on form he was really good and balanced the team well. As others have said our form dipped terribly when his season finished.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 pm

Gota keep him

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am

He needs to stay.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:10 am

Igovernor wrote:H was injured, and never played the rest of the season

All those little niggles built up to 6 months out injured?.

I think there is more to it.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Anthony Pilkington is amazing!
I don't want to see any negativity about him please! :lol:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:57 pm

A fit Pilkington definitely needs to be kept.
As others have said he was playing well at start of last season when the team were pants.
Technically good and scores a goal or two :bluescarf: