Shrewsbury Away

Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Seems quite a few up for this one :ayatollah:

Re: Shrewsbury Away

Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:50 pm

21 of us on the train

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 pm

New stadium to add to our list for many. Good chance of more than 500 City fans I would imagine :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:12 am

It's out of town so if you get a train it's a bit of a walk. It's on a shopping park and you can park on the park and ride for free. It's available for football fans.

The salopian pub in town is particularly anti Welsh so beware of that one.

I'm hoping as it's a friendly there won't be trouble due our history with Shrewsbury but if there is avoid walking over via Sainsburys as it's a bottle neck there and you can get caught out.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:47 am

Any away friendly pubs near the ground ?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:00 am

Anyone know if we can pay on the gate or do we need tickets in advance?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:19 am

It will be pay on the gate

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:45 am

Lawnmower wrote:It will be pay on the gate

Cheers mate

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:59 am

Lawnmower wrote:Any away friendly pubs near the ground ?

Town really best place for pubs and plenty of choice. There's nothing really close as it's out of town. There's a 5 a side football pitch near the ground which has a bar. I think you pay to get in. You would be mixing with home fans then though.

Buses 8,16,23 and 25 get you to the ground. You are looking for meole brace as a stop. Frustratingly the Cardiff train takes you right by the ground. They are saying that they might be putting a station there soon and if they climb the leagues I think they will.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:22 pm

maccydee wrote:

Town really best place for pubs and plenty of choice. There's nothing really close as it's out of town. There's a 5 a side football pitch near the ground which has a bar. I think you pay to get in. You would be mixing with home fans then though.

Buses 8,16,23 and 25 get you to the ground. You are looking for meole brace as a stop. Frustratingly the Cardiff train takes you right by the ground. They are saying that they might be putting a station there soon and if they climb the leagues I think they will.

Cheers.
Great advice

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:20 am

Lawnmower wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Cheers.
Great advice

My pleasure

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 pm

The salopian pub it is then :thumbup:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 pm

erinsown wrote:The salopian pub it is then :thumbup:

Would be interesting actually as the landlord was quite rude to me when I asked to watch a Wales match in there.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Probably guaranteed a visit from thirsty and hungry Welshmen! Lol :D :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:58 pm

TERRYB wrote:

Probably guaranteed a visit from thirsty and hungry Welshmen! Lol :D :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Match day it's quite busy. It's an ex EDL pub apparently.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 am

It might kick off at sainsburys :roll: