David Cotterill and Che Adams

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby cardiffred » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:28 am

This would be a hugely unimpressive signing and shows exactly where slade intends to take us. The season before last he had a hugely disappointing spell at DONCASTER and the signed for b'rum on a free. Yes he was one of their better players last year but after looking at his stats they aren't that impressive at all, especially for a club aiming to get promoted. We should be looking at his team mate Demerai Gray, a player with huge potential and can be the pacey, dynamic winger we need in this team. I honestly believe cotterill is no better than what we have. Just my opinion but this one does not fill me with confidence.

On the other hand Che Adams is a player that I feel we can do little to no harm in acquiring. Hes young, pacey, direct and strong with bags of potential, the only fear is we wouldn't be the only team interested seeing as he has a year left on his contract. He's only 18 and id be surprised is he isn't with a prem team come 21, I just hope its with us of course.

David Cotterill stats:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-david-cotterills-first-9517876

:ayatollah:
cardiffred

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: David Cotterill and Che Adams

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:48 am

If your basing your opinion on Cotterill from stats, you will notice he is a massive improvement on all of our wingers from last season. Possibly all of them put together but I can't be arsed with checking.

8 goals and 9 assists, go get him Slade
KBK-13

Postby James the bluebird fan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:52 am

I totally disagree. Cotteril is definitely championship quality and caused us problems at Brum away last season. Scored a few handy goals for them last season, too. I like what I see when he plays for Wales, and after watching Noone last season, woudk welcome his addition.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
My adopted player for the 2015/16 season is Eoin Doyle.
I'm an 11 year old true bluebird who has had a season ticket for five years in the family stand. Love an away day as well. City for life!
James the bluebird fan

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:53 am

I think they would be good signings. :thumbright: :sladein:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby cardiffred » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Before last year he has played for Portsmouth, Barnsley and Doncaster all of which he hasn't had much of an influence. I really do think he'll be a clutching at straws signing. Although his stats last season were much better than our current wingers I can't see him being much of an improvement.

Im willing to give every player a chance mind and if he comes I hope he can prove me wrong. Maybe its just because I expected the calibre of player to be from slades A list rather than the B list. Hope Che Adams signs though. :ayatollah:
cardiffred

Postby Juventus Blue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:08 pm

cardiffred wrote:This would be a hugely unimpressive signing and shows exactly where slade intends to take us. The season before last he had a hugely disappointing spell at DONCASTER and the signed for b'rum on a free. Yes he was one of their better players last year but after looking at his stats they aren't that impressive at all, especially for a club aiming to get promoted. We should be looking at his team mate Demerai Gray, a player with huge potential and can be the pacey, dynamic winger we need in this team. I honestly believe cotterill is no better than what we have. Just my opinion but this one does not fill me with confidence.

On the other hand Che Adams is a player that I feel we can do little to no harm in acquiring. Hes young, pacey, direct and strong with bags of potential, the only fear is we wouldn't be the only team interested seeing as he has a year left on his contract. He's only 18 and id be surprised is he isn't with a prem team come 21, I just hope its with us of course.

David Cotterill stats:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-david-cotterills-first-9517876

to be honest with you I'm not that inspired or excited about the potential signing of Cotterill but he will get my full support if he does indeed join us, he could be slightly better than what we have and probably on less wages.
Adams, on the other hand, looks very good at 18 and a very big prospect.
Unfortunately Slade has to shop where he is shopping so we have to keep our fingers crossed that he unearths a gem or 2 otherwise we are fooked :lol:
I still feel that Slade can not attract many players of real significance but I live in hope because that is all I can do. If it was my choice then he wouldn't be anywhere near our squad and nor would Scott Young. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
By the way, you should email Owain and ask him to change your username :D :mrgreen: :lol: :laughing5: :laughing6:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby cardiffred » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:14 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
cardiffred wrote:This would be a hugely unimpressive signing and shows exactly where slade intends to take us. The season before last he had a hugely disappointing spell at DONCASTER and the signed for b'rum on a free. Yes he was one of their better players last year but after looking at his stats they aren't that impressive at all, especially for a club aiming to get promoted. We should be looking at his team mate Demerai Gray, a player with huge potential and can be the pacey, dynamic winger we need in this team. I honestly believe cotterill is no better than what we have. Just my opinion but this one does not fill me with confidence.

David Cotterill stats:

to be honest with you I'm not that inspired or excited about the potential signing of Cotterill but he will get my full support if he does indeed join us, he could be slightly better than what we have and probably on less wages.
Unfortunately Slade has to shop where he is shopping so we have to keep our fingers crossed that he unearths a gem or 2 otherwise we are fooked :lol:
I still feel that Slade can not attract many players of real significance but I live in hope because that is all I can do. If it was my choice then he wouldn't be anywhere near our squad and nor would Scott Young. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
By the way, you should email Owain and ask him to change your username :D :mrgreen: :lol: :laughing5: :laughing6:

I was just about to ask if I could get it changed and if so how so thank you :lol:
cardiffred

Postby Juventus Blue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:22 pm

cardiffred wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

David Cotterill stats:

I was just about to ask if I could get it changed and if so how so thank you :lol:

either email Owain or carlccfc, they are admin on this forum and they can change it for you :lol: :thumbup: go to the bottom of this screen and click on the team then click on either of those names :thumbright:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:29 pm

cardiffred wrote:Before last year he has played for Portsmouth, Barnsley and Doncaster all of which he hasn't had much of an influence. I really do think he'll be a clutching at straws signing. Although his stats last season were much better than our current wingers I can't see him being much of an improvement.

Im willing to give every player a chance mind and if he comes I hope he can prove me wrong. Maybe its just because I expected the calibre of player to be from slades A list rather than the B list. Hope Che Adams signs though. :ayatollah:

Before Bothroyd signed for us he had achieved f**k all, but went on to be 1 of the best strikers I've seen play for this club
KBK-13

Postby cardiffred » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:34 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
cardiffred wrote:Before last year he has played for Portsmouth, Barnsley and Doncaster all of which he hasn't had much of an influence. I really do think he'll be a clutching at straws signing. Although his stats last season were much better than our current wingers I can't see him being much of an improvement.

Before Bothroyd signed for us he had achieved f**k all, but went on to be 1 of the best strikers I've seen play for this club

Bothroyd had played for Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn and Coventry all at the time at higher level than what Cardiff were at. Yes he was never proven at these clubs and never scored lots of goals at the rate of with us but clubs could obviously see his potential, aswell as being a product of the Arsenal academy.
cardiffred

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Change your username mate its hard to take you seriously
nubbsy

Postby geggs_ccfc » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:09 pm

I have seen a lot of Che Adams and I feel if we could get him, then he could be a fantastic signing for us. If we could sell Whittingham to Hull and replace him with Adams for £1m or less. Then it would be cracking business by us. Adams is very young and still learning, but he can offer us everything that Whittingham is supposed to offer us, yet Whittingham just doesn't anymore. Also on top of that Che Adams he has great pace, can play in numerous different positions and if used correctly could become a fans favourite next season. I think he would need to play in the number ten role like Mason does at the moment, just behind Doyle. Adams is a much better player than Mason is, in my opinion.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Postby thomasblue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:57 pm

We allready have a great young striker who is doing very well at league one level in Rhys Healey . Bringing in Che Adams would be pointless and would be a bad move for him personally because he won't be playing here unless it's the development before being loaned back to league one .
thomasblue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:15 pm

thomasblue wrote:We allready have a great young striker who is doing very well at league one level in Rhys Healey . Bringing in Che Adams would be pointless and would be a bad move for him personally because he won't be playing here unless it's the development before being loaned back to league one .

Do you think Healy is currently a better player than Adams then?
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby VincentTanOut » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:08 pm

You want us to get Gray? They want like £6m for him, no way I would pay that.
VincentTanOut

Postby James the bluebird fan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:27 pm

geggs_ccfc wrote:I have seen a lot of Che Adams and I feel if we could get him, then he could be a fantastic signing for us. If we could sell Whittingham to Hull and replace him with Adams for £1m or less. Then it would be cracking business by us. Adams is very young and still learning, but he can offer us everything that Whittingham is supposed to offer us, yet Whittingham just doesn't anymore. Also on top of that Che Adams he has great pace, can play in numerous different positions and if used correctly could become a fans favourite next season. I think he would need to play in the number ten role like Mason does at the moment, just behind Doyle. Adams is a much better player than Mason is, in my opinion.

Bloooooobirds.

We don't need to replace Whitts with Adams, we can have them both. Why sell one of our best players and replace him with a fairly unproven youngster. Have them both!
My adopted player for the 2015/16 season is Eoin Doyle.
I'm an 11 year old true bluebird who has had a season ticket for five years in the family stand. Love an away day as well. City for life!
James the bluebird fan

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:We allready have a great young striker who is doing very well at league one level in Rhys Healey . Bringing in Che Adams would be pointless and would be a bad move for him personally because he won't be playing here unless it's the development before being loaned back to league one .

I don't think there is a lot between them , Both have a lot of potential ur slightly different players. I would say Healey had the better season last year, add that to his fantastic scoring record at development level and I can't see how Adams would be ahead of him at this point in time.

Saying that neither would be getting near the first team next season we have too many strikers ahead of them and bringing in Che Adams would turn into another Kadeem Harris. He won't be seen for 2/3 years and his development would stall before being released.

Jones, Macheda, Mason, Doyle and Revell will all start ahead of them.
thomasblue

Postby geggs_ccfc » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I don't think there is a lot between them , Both have a lot of potential ur slightly different players. I would say Healey had the better season last year, add that to his fantastic scoring record at development level and I can't see how Adams would be ahead of him at this point in time.

Saying that neither would be getting near the first team next season we have too many strikers ahead of them and bringing in Che Adams would turn into another Kadeem Harris. He won't be seen for 2/3 years and his development would stall before being released.

Jones, Macheda, Mason, Doyle and Revell will all start ahead of them.

If you think that is going to happen then you really haven't seen Che Adams play much, have you? For a start he is not a striker he is an attacking midfielder, who can also play on the wing. I also rate Rhys Healey, but Che Adams is well ahead of him in terms of talent. I suggest you go and ask the Sheffield Utd fans all about him, as they are raving about him. I can see another Championship team, who will be challenging for promotion next season, buying him. On top of that he is still only 18, this kid is going to be a star. Listen, i like Kadeem Harris but to suggest that Adams is another Harris is way off the mark. If we could somehow lure him to us, then he would be an absolutely fantastic signing. You better watch out for him next season, whichever club he plays for.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Return to General Chat