Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New kit - I'm not sure at all

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:43 am

I realise I might be in a minority on this one but now I see the new home shirts up close I don't really like them.

The design at the top end is just too dark and it just isn't pleasing to the eye. The players I've seen modelling it certainly aren't looking overly stylish!

Maybe it'll grow on me as the season gets under way.

Re: New kit - I'm not sure at all

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:10 am

Not everyones going to like them and everyones got an opinion.

But I think many are just content as they are better than the diabolical attempts the past few years. And theyre blue.

Compare this shirt release to the red one. No mick taking from other fans apart from saying jt looks like chelsea

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:29 am

Depressed Blue wrote:Not everyones going to like them and everyones got an opinion.

But I think many are just content as they are better than the diabolical attempts the past few years. And theyre blue.

Compare this shirt release to the red one. No mick taking from other fans apart from saying jt looks like chelsea

Nah, Chelsea look like us :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:34 am

Its no doubt the best kit we have had in a long time. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Its no doubt the best kit we have had in a long time. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

And the right bloody colour, too! :thumbup: :laughing6:

Many will be buying just to make a point (to Tan) and it's hard to argue against that! ;) :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Sven wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Its no doubt the best kit we have had in a long time. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

And the right bloody colour, too! :thumbup: :laughing6:

Many will be buying just to make a point (to Tan) and it's hard to argue against that! ;) :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Agree. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:28 pm

It's not one of the best but people are blinded by the colour and the supplier.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:It's not one of the best but people are blinded by the colour and the supplier.

Agree.
Do we know what colour the shorts are? I'm guessing they'll be blue but being a bit of a traditionalist, I'm hoping there white.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:It's not one of the best but people are blinded by the colour and the supplier.

Wayne, personally I was blinded by the light! ;)

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Too many stripes :old:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:58 pm

The main thing is that the kit is blue. Our kits have changed from season to season. Some like them, some not. Personally, I didn't like the shade of blue we had during our last season at Ninian Park. Others complained when we got the yellow and white stripes in 75/76, now it's considered iconic.

Whatever shade of blue we have, it pales into significance compared to the horrors of a red home kit. :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:59 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:The main thing is that the kit is blue. Our kits have changed from season to season. Some like them, some not. Personally, I didn't like the shade of blue we had during our last season at Ninian Park. Others complained when we got the yellow and white stripes in 75/76, now it's considered iconic.

Whatever shade of blue we have, it pales into significance compared to the horrors of a red home kit. :bluescarf:

Er, that should be insignificance!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:25 pm

I love the new kit. Just not so much a fan of it making me look fat!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:27 pm

KWest wrote:I love the new kit. Just not so much a fan of it making me look fat!

You fat b*stard, You fat b*stard! :laughing6:

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:39 am

I bought one yesterday and its the first one ive ever bought full-price.
More of a f@@k you to Tan than a fashion statement! :bluebird: