Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" £100k of kit sales in one day "

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:14 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... th-9585550

100,000 worth of Adidas kit in record breaking opening sales day

Cardiff City fans turned out in force to buy their new Adidas blue kit as sales figures outstripped anything achieved in the club's history.

From 9am, excited Bluebirds fans queued up outside the club shop to get their hands on the eagerly awaited new kit before many took to social media to post selfies of themselves and their families wearing it.

By the afternoon, another wave of fans arrived to meet stars like Peter Whittingham, Eoin Doyle, Matt Kennedy and Alex Revell as they were on hand to join in the excitement.

Chief executive Ken Choo spent most of the day in the shop greeting excited fans and posing for photographs, later admitting he was bowled over by the response.

He said: “We had sold £45,000 worth of replica kits by lunchtime - and it was even busier during the afternoon.”

The daily sales figures are expected to hit £100,000 when all the money is totted up overnight and a club spokesman confirmed whatever figure they end up at, it's a record.

He said: “Today we have seen the biggest retail sales ever in a single day, eclipsing any cup final or promotion we've been involved in.”

After a few quieter years of kit sales, largely due to the controversial rebrand, club officials were ecstatic with the number of fans, young and old, who turned out and waited patiently to buy their blue shirts, shorts and socks.

This design has been well received and some claim it's among the club's best ever, sparking a busy sales rush that saw star striker Doyle and team-mate Joe Ralls drafted in to help out on the tills.

Meanwhile Whittingham, Kennedy, Revell and Semi Ajayi, all wore the stylish strip as they entertained the gathered masses by signing autographs and posing for selfies.

The players spent more than three hours at the store and were later joined by manager Russell Slade and his assistant Scott Young.

Re: " £100k of kit sales in one day "

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:21 pm

I am not surpised at tall. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Good news

Will be intresting to see what the sales have been after this weekend
alot of people will probably go tomorrow aswel :bluebird:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 pm

About 2,000 plus shirts. Great start :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 pm

I just hope they have some left for when I go down tomorrow.

This is better than any big summer signing as its our colour, our club and its back :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:46 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:I just hope they have some left for when I go down tomorrow.

This is better than any big summer signing as its our colour, our club and its back :bluescarf:

Went there today, they have enough stock in there for everyone!

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Must have all been up the Cross Llanrumney/Rumney loads had one on tonight
Decent top

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:10 am

f*cking awesome :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 am

Yes, got mine late pm (and a new 'Bluebird' scarf) and it was still pretty busy in there! :thumbup:

If ever there was a message for the man at the top (Tan) it was here and one of the shop staff told me that this opening day had sold more BLUE shirts than they had sold RED in all the time it was available!

Not sure if that has been confirmed, but it would go to show how City fans can/will react when treated with a little respect! :thumbup:

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
:bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Imagine if in our Prem season we had blue.

Would have sold a fortune!