Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Free"sky boxes

Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Will these fire sticks and android boxes pick up BT sports?

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:If you have cancelled your Sky subscription, then there's probably people in the know who will come to your house and for approx. £120 they will sort everything out. However, this is of course illegal, and I can't recommend this. Apparantly this works perfectly, and you will get every single channel, including Box Office. If you wish, they will call back to your house once a year, and for £20 max, they will upgrade any new channels that have been added. Or so I've ben told down the Pub!!!

Used to have a guy chip viewing cards for a tenner, but sky catch up eventually with these people which could lead you to prosecution as well!! :o

The people I know have had this for over 2 years, not one has had any problems...

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:49 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:If you have cancelled your Sky subscription, then there's probably people in the know who will come to your house and for approx. £120 they will sort everything out. However, this is of course illegal, and I can't recommend this. Apparantly this works perfectly, and you will get every single channel, including Box Office. If you wish, they will call back to your house once a year, and for £20 max, they will upgrade any new channels that have been added. Or so I've ben told down the Pub!!!

Used to have a guy chip viewing cards for a tenner, but sky catch up eventually with these people which could lead you to prosecution as well!! :o

The people I know have had this for over 2 years, not one has had any problems...

Where can you get chipped ones?

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 pm

505 wrote:Manage to get Kodi and installed Robin Hood and phoenix, but the stream quality is pretty crap :?
Are there any more addons that I can install and provide some HD Sports Channels ?
Kodi is a really good set of kit :ayatollah: Thanks :ayatollah:

I understand that TVMC are in the process of a up to date Sports Channel the last time I went on their site they said good progress is being made.

Surprised you said the quality of the sreams are crap, I do not have any trouble with the films myself, in fact I think they are better streams than the netflix ones I used to pay for.

Are you using Genisis for the films, I find that the best addon, regarding sport there is a addon called sports devil but I have never used it myself

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:32 am

505 wrote:Manage to get Kodi and installed Robin Hood and phoenix, but the stream quality is pretty crap :?
Are there any more addons that I can install and provide some HD Sports Channels ?

Try UK turk,that add on has most tv,sports, movie etc there is even a pretty cool cctv section where you can watch live cctv from places like time square, Vegas I would say the quality is better than robin hood mate. Have a look here for installation instructions

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/kodi/

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:02 pm

iptv is great robin hood is good on mine genisis phoenix is all you need so long as your internet is reasonbly fast

Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Wop wrote:You need basically what is a freeview box some are called Openbox,Skybox etc. They have all the free channels through but for sport,movies,documentaries etc u need to buy what's called a gift on Amazon or eBay for it which is basically a subscription u pay as a one off payment. My box is an Openbox V8S so on eBay I put in "2 year gift Openbox v8s". That cost me £16 for the two years and that's it! I now only pay £16.99 for my broadband with Talktalk and that is it a month. No more 80quid Sky bills!!!

Mate after casually reading this last wk whilst sitting eating a breakfast in a golf club, and after just having cancelled sky I bit the bullet there and then and ordered one off amazon and ordered a gift. I work like a dog 7days a wk so today is 1st chance I have had to set it all up. I've got all sky sports but no movies is there a way to get movies? Also I had sky plus so had 3 sky cables would this be an issue as to why I'm not getting movies bt sport or box nation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also thanks for the tip off as sky sports was my main concern

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Wop wrote:You need basically what is a freeview box some are called Openbox,Skybox etc. They have all the free channels through but for sport,movies,documentaries etc u need to buy what's called a gift on Amazon or eBay for it which is basically a subscription u pay as a one off payment. My box is an Openbox V8S so on eBay I put in "2 year gift Openbox v8s". That cost me £16 for the two years and that's it! I now only pay £16.99 for my broadband with Talktalk and that is it a month. No more 80quid Sky bills!!!

Mate after casually reading this last wk whilst sitting eating a breakfast in a golf club, and after just having cancelled sky I bit the bullet there and then and ordered one off amazon and ordered a gift. I work like a dog 7days a wk so today is 1st chance I have had to set it all up. I've got all sky sports but no movies is there a way to get movies? Also I had sky plus so had 3 sky cables would this be an issue as to why I'm not getting movies bt sport or box nation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also thanks for the tip off as sky sports was my main concern

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:22 pm

bluepagey wrote:

Try UK turk,that add on has most tv,sports, movie etc there is even a pretty cool cctv section where you can watch live cctv from places like time square, Vegas I would say the quality is better than robin hood mate. Have a look here for installation instructions

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/kodi/

Have to agree with this, spent today watching the cricket on sky 2, with iptv stalker, [uk turk] addon, no problem at all no buffering required, there is every sports channel you could ever want on here, just watching brazilian football on sports 5, there is a addon on to watch malasian sports channel spmewhere, if Tan is going to televise the city on his tv station I will be looking to find out what tv station he owns,then watch the away fixtures on there.