Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Free"sky boxes

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Heard quite a few people on about these dodgy sky boxes where you get all the channels for free are they all they are cracked up to be?paying almost 90 a month at the moment so gambling a ton or so must surely be worth it?
Any ideas on what and where to look for?

Re: "Free"sky boxes

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 pm

You need one of these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1723819949

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Then you need to find a subscription, they can be hit or miss on eBay so better off seeing if someone on here can help with that. You need to plug the wire from the sky dish into the back along with Ethernet cable from router. Sub is around £40

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:23 am

What do you get and do you need to add or subscribe. :thumbup:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:38 am

You need basically what is a freeview box some are called Openbox,Skybox etc. They have all the free channels through but for sport,movies,documentaries etc u need to buy what's called a gift on Amazon or eBay for it which is basically a subscription u pay as a one off payment. My box is an Openbox V8S so on eBay I put in "2 year gift Openbox v8s". That cost me £16 for the two years and that's it! I now only pay £16.99 for my broadband with Talktalk and that is it a month. No more 80quid Sky bills!!!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:48 am

Can do you get box and subscription anywhere else Don't do eBay!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can do you get box and subscription anywhere else Don't do eBay!

Agree, Don't do ebay as you don't know what subscription your on, Mine cut off after 2 months.

http://www.cs-world.org/index.php

Click Verified Premium servers, use Wizcams, best around imo.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:34 pm

You can buy these android boxes on eBay supposedly 'fully loaded' with kodi installed - the only problem is you need to be Bill Gates to get it to stream Sky Sports.... If anyone knows where I can get one all set up and ready to go please let me know.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Amazon

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:You can buy these android boxes on eBay supposedly 'fully loaded' with kodi installed - the only problem is you need to be Bill Gates to get it to stream Sky Sports.... If anyone knows where I can get one all set up and ready to go please let me know.

Get the amazon fire tv stick £35 from amazon or Argos, install Kodi and then install the TVMC config wizard, and you can get sky sports on Pheonix or Robin Hood, it is quite easy to install, I have installed it myself and my knowledge before I installed it was Zero, and coming up to 82yrs old in august my family were amazed at how simple I done it.

If you purchase one and have difficulty in doing it I would type out instructions and e-mail it to you, but there are very good instructions on the TVMC site or you tube for you to follow.

One other good thing about the fire stick is that if you are in a hotel with free wi-fi then you can just plug it into the tv and watch any film you want, as a example the new terminater is already on there, and would not be surprised if Amy is on there tomorrow, that is how up to date it is

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm

rontom wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:You can buy these android boxes on eBay supposedly 'fully loaded' with kodi installed - the only problem is you need to be Bill Gates to get it to stream Sky Sports.... If anyone knows where I can get one all set up and ready to go please let me know.

Get the amazon fire tv stick £35 from amazon or Argos, install Kodi and then install the TVMC config wizard, and you can get sky sports on Pheonix or Robin Hood, it is quite easy to install, I have installed it myself and my knowledge before I installed it was Zero, and coming up to 82yrs old in august my family were amazed at how simple I done it.

If you purchase one and have difficulty in doing it I would type out instructions and e-mail it to you, but there are very good instructions on the TVMC site or you tube for you to follow.

One other good thing about the fire stick is that if you are in a hotel with free wi-fi then you can just plug it into the tv and watch any film you want, as a example the new terminater is already on there, and would not be surprised if Amy is on there tomorrow, that is how up to date it is

What's Kodi? :shock:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:33 pm

It is a open source theatre box which you can download to your phone Mac, pc, or any android device, you can then download TVMC which enables you to download free apps with free streams for films,tv stations sport etc, Kodi used to be called XBMC but has now been updated to Kodi,I personally find it great for when we are mindind our great grand daughter from school, it is out in the park when the sunshines and in with her favourite films when it rains, it is also possible to get all the radio stations throughout the world, have never tried the stations myself, but just had the thought that the exiles on here MIGHT be able to listen to radio wales when the football starts, I say might because I do not know if the stream is the online one or from the station itself,

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Here is the download site if you want it

http://kodi.tv/download/

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:30 pm

rontom wrote:Here is the download site if you want it

http://kodi.tv/download/

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:30 pm

If you have downloaded it then this is the easiest way to configure it, just follow the instructions, the Genisis or the pheonix add on is the best to use, if you are doing it on fire tv stick then you have to download Kodi to that as it is not installed by amazon for obviouse reasons.
http://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:47 pm

I noticed that there is an option there to install in onto a windows pc, does anyone know how you can stream live sports from it ?

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I noticed that there is an option there to install in onto a windows pc, does anyone know how you can stream live sports from it ?

Yes it is very easy to download to windows, then you just download the tv addons config wizard, then you are all set up, just like you would buy a fully config one from ebay. Sky sports are on the links to Pheonix, then click Pheonix tv, Robin Hood which has quite a few sports links, sports devil, etc. you can get being sports and international sports all free

Just download it to your phone, mac, windows pc, or any android system, you should be able to complete the download and configuration in about 10 mins

I personnally have it on my mac and a old windows pc which I use just to experiment with, I have also downloaded it on to my amazon fire tv stick, which because of it size,[just the size of a memory stick] it enables me to put in my pocket and use in any hotel that offers free wi-fi just plug into hdmi socket on their tv and sport or films allnight, and when at home on a ordinary tv set.

If you try it on your windows if you do not like it just delete it it deletes completely nothing left on your system

http://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

Kodi is a open source and therefore perfectly safe to use,

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Perfect thanks ill give it a whirl

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:42 am

Just a quick question, I have got an old android tv box which is not running on kodi but still has the old Xbmc version. Am I better off starting from scratch and installing kodi? Or just keeping it as it is, there are loads of add ons on the box that still work and pretty sure I will lose them all if I update. Any advice appreciated!

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:13 pm

shaky wrote:Just a quick question, I have got an old android tv box which is not running on kodi but still has the old Xbmc version. Am I better off starting from scratch and installing kodi? Or just keeping it as it is, there are loads of add ons on the box that still work and pretty sure I will lose them all if I update. Any advice appreciated!

XBMC is now Kodi, you can download it from Kodi and it will overwrite your XBMC, just remember that your android box is rooted ,so when the Superuser asks just Once or Always, state always, otherwise Superuser is a menace,if you are unsure yourself go to the Kodi or TVMC websites there is plenty of information on there.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Xbmc box fully loaded all u need is internet

Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:57 pm

rontom wrote:
shaky wrote:Just a quick question, I have got an old android tv box which is not running on kodi but still has the old Xbmc version. Am I better off starting from scratch and installing kodi? Or just keeping it as it is, there are loads of add ons on the box that still work and pretty sure I will lose them all if I update. Any advice appreciated!

XBMC is now Kodi, you can download it from Kodi and it will overwrite your XBMC, just remember that your android box is rooted ,so when the Superuser asks just Once or Always, state always, otherwise Superuser is a menace,if you are unsure yourself go to the Kodi or TVMC websites there is plenty of information on there.

Cheers mate, if I update will I lose all my old addons?

Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:59 pm

I got TVMC installed. Cracking bit of software. Cheers rontom. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:24 pm

shaky wrote:
rontom wrote:

Cheers mate, if I update will I lose all my old addons?

NO, just download the TVMC config wizard [link is above] you will get all the addons you require withing 5-10mins,as this is sideloaded against your XMBC so will not effect your XBMC at all, click on this link it will help you through it.

http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-android/

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:31 pm

rontom wrote:

Should have read,it will NOT overwrite your XBMC

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 pm

I had an android box with xbmc. Hardly never found a film in decent quality I could watch from start to finish.

Watching sports was shit. If it was a big game like champions league, forget it.

Now I have sky. All the sports packages. All entertainment , and phone and broadband for under £40 a month. Winner!

Now all I do is just watch the football properly. What a lot of people forget is that if we all use chipped boxes there would be no premier league!

Just phone sky up and haggle the f**k out of them. I can't stand the bastards. But if you want to watch a lot of games your a bit stuck.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Cornishblue wrote:I had an android box with xbmc. Hardly never found a film in decent quality I could watch from start to finish.

Watching sports was shit. If it was a big game like champions league, forget it.

Now I have sky. All the sports packages. All entertainment , and phone and broadband for under £40 a month. Winner!

Now all I do is just watch the football properly. What a lot of people forget is that if we all use chipped boxes there would be no premier league!

Just phone sky up and haggle the f**k out of them. I can't stand the bastards. But if you want to watch a lot of games your a bit stuck.

No Premier League.? Big Deal! The quality is no better than the old division one, just the players are quicker and fitter, the game is no more exciting than when Liverpool and Forest were creaming every other European team. If you want to spunk your money to Murdoch then go right ahead. I will take an excellent free platform anyday :thumbup:

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 am

Manage to get Kodi and installed Robin Hood and phoenix, but the stream quality is pretty crap :?
Are there any more addons that I can install and provide some HD Sports Channels ?
Kodi is a really good set of kit :ayatollah: Thanks :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 am

If you have cancelled your Sky subscription, then there's probably people in the know who will come to your house and for approx. £120 they will sort everything out. However, this is of course illegal, and I can't recommend this. Apparantly this works perfectly, and you will get every single channel, including Box Office. If you wish, they will call back to your house once a year, and for £20 max, they will upgrade any new channels that have been added. Or so I've ben told down the Pub!!!

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:07 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:If you have cancelled your Sky subscription, then there's probably people in the know who will come to your house and for approx. £120 they will sort everything out. However, this is of course illegal, and I can't recommend this. Apparantly this works perfectly, and you will get every single channel, including Box Office. If you wish, they will call back to your house once a year, and for £20 max, they will upgrade any new channels that have been added. Or so I've ben told down the Pub!!!

Used to have a guy chip viewing cards for a tenner, but sky catch up eventually with these people which could lead you to prosecution as well!! :o