Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY TARGET FORMER SWANSEA STAR '

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Cardiff City target former Swansea City star David Cotterill as they look to bring Birmingham City man home

WalesOnline understands the 27-year-old is on Cardiff’s radar as they look to make their first significant signing of the summer.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY TARGET FORMER SWANSEA STAR '

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:25 pm

He is absolute crap. We really are starting to pay the price for returning to blue.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:30 pm

He's not the best or most exciting player to watch but his final ball and crossing are excellent.

If we are playing with Kenwyn Jones and Eion Doyle up front I can see why Slade would want a player with the quality he would bring in terms of delivering the ball into dangerous areas.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:31 pm

so crap he was statistically one of the most creative players in the championship.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158958

Looks like we are back in for him then

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:34 pm

He was great for Wales. A good signing I'd say...if he comes. Could be just a walesonline invention though.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Not impressed with this one sorry :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Can someone explain how 9 goals and 8 assists. (More than Whittingham) and more than Harris, Pilkington and Noone combined. Is 'scraping the barrell'?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:55 pm

thomasblue wrote:He's not the best or most exciting player to watch but his final ball and crossing are excellent.

If we are playing with Kenwyn Jones and Eion Doyle up front I can see why Slade would want a player with the quality he would bring in terms of delivering the ball into dangerous areas.

I agree and would love some optimism that some of the players who we are looking at can perform. Look at Murphy last season shit for 8 yrs, awesome last year.
I think Cotterell can be a good asset :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Swansea star is going over the top a bit :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Colourblind wrote:He is absolute crap. We really are starting to pay the price for returning to blue.

Apart from Quinn and Ameobi (which were actually publicised on this forum BEFORE WalesOnline posted), every single person that we have been linked with through WalesOnline has been nonsense. Everything they post is pure speculation in terms of transfer 'news'. I wouldn't think too much into this Cotterill rumour.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:33 pm

Colourblind wrote:He is absolute crap. We really are starting to pay the price for returning to blue.

Oh shut up you tart!!

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:

Oh shut up you tart!!

I take it then that either you rate Cotterill as a player or that Tan still loves us despite having to back down over the rebrand. Or maybe both because it takes all sorts...

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Slade tried to sign him in Jan, fee was agreed but they couldn't sort out personal terms.

100% wants the move

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Not sure 'significant' is the right word to describe this transfer.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:33 pm

He is a big City fan.

Don't believe he,s been a star player anywhere though!

On a par with what we have. Not better

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Meh, I'd take him

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:39 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Meh, I'd take him

Ye me too

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 pm

A good signing this would be but lets be honest some on here would pick holes if we signed Mesi or Roalado lol

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:06 pm

An improvement on what we've got. The best player in a very average Birmingham team last year, who despite finishing 2 points above us were very poor at times last year :sladein:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Cardiff City target former Swansea City star David Cotterill as they look to bring Birmingham City man home

WalesOnline understands the 27-year-old is on Cardiff’s radar as they look to make their first significant signing of the summer.

He's crap agree with above, we are going backwards at pace......

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:35 pm

David's got 1 year left on his contract we have enquired for him but Birmingham want to much money for him at the moment so cardiff have left it.. be interesting to see if we offer more.

Apparently they want 2.5 million when if January they wanted just over a million

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:

Oh shut up you tart!!

Someone doesn't want to believe the truth, no matter how obvious it is.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Bumped into him earlier, true he wanted to come in January, seems it fell down at the Birmingham end.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159820 told you he will be after the scraps

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 pm

I like him , played very well against us at St. Andrews ..

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Average championship player at best , Rodgers bombed him out as soon he realised he promised more than he could deliver

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 pm

He is definitely not crap. He would be a good player for us.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:07 am

Is he only 27. I thought he must be 30 something. Decent signing

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:40 am

Not for me, TBH! I believe he once said he would "never" play for Cardiff city FC after he felt rejected as a youngster and had to move into a caravan! ;)

In fairness, I actually think he's a decent player though! :thumbup: