Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I can see Slade picking up the scraps....

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:24 pm

See which players are still free agents come the final week of the transfer window.

Re: I can see Slade picking up the scraps....

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Cant blame Slade for not paying silly money like Ole did last season for players who didnt even want to come here, everyone was excited about Ole's signings and they were quite poor except Bruno maybe so I would rather have players on lower wages who will work and want to play for Cardiff City

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:42 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Cant blame Slade for not paying silly money like Ole did last season for players who didnt even want to come here, everyone was excited about Ole's signings and they were quite poor except Bruno maybe so I would rather have players on lower wages who will work and want to play for Cardiff City

I think many fans would agree, it's great to keep the wages down but you always need a bit of quality in the squad otherwise as a club you would not go anywhere. Would you prefer watching attacking attractive football with skilful players who can do things or a team of bargain basement signings who cannot string two passes together, cannot score goals but round around like headless chickens without nothing but dire football?

I think the club needs a balanced approach signing a few quality players on the best possible deal and mixing them with with the established players whilst introducing one or two youngsters. If you do not invest you create just an average team that won't go anywhere and thousands of fans will be lost as can been seen over recent months. Many do not want to spend good money watching boring unattractive football.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:48 pm

So you would be happy with a squad that no-body else wants then ?

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:54 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Cant blame Slade for not paying silly money like Ole did last season for players who didnt even want to come here, everyone was excited about Ole's signings and they were quite poor except Bruno maybe so I would rather have players on lower wages who will work and want to play for Cardiff City

:thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Here Here.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Military Junta wrote:See which players are still free agents come the final week of the transfer window.

That explains seeing him in the butchers yesterday!