Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' RUSSELL SLADE & 7 PLAYERS '

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 am

I was this morning asking wether it was true about Adam Matthew's coming to Cardiff? its not true, Matthews has another year left at Celtic and City will not pay for him. Link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159582

Slade has been told that he still has to get rid of at least 7 players before the new season starts,one has gone as you all know (Kevin Theophile-Catherine has signed with St. Étienne until 2018, City received £1.4mill for him).

The problem is City so far have wanted high fees,plus the other clubs to take on contracts which are way over the top.

So it will be interesting to see who goes?

Re: ' RUSSELL SLADE & 7 PLAYERS '

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 am

Filip kiss
Guerra
Velikonja
Jones
Alf
Possibly Connolly
Possibly Noone

to go.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 am

Plenty of players will go Annis, I'd be surprised if it's only seven.

Players such as Jones, Le Fondre, Guerra, Connolly and Velikonja are certain to go.

Then you have others who will go if an average bid comes in like Noone, Marshall, Whittingham, Mason etc.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Filip kiss
Guerra
Velikonja
Jones
Alf
Possibly Connolly
Possibly Noone

to go.

Rydo, the problem regarding Kenwyne Jones, who wants to pay £37,500(basic) a week wages?

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:46 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Plenty of players will go Annis, I'd be surprised if it's only seven.

Players such as Jones, Le Fondre, Guerra, Connolly and Velikonja are certain to go.

Then you have others who will go if an average bid comes in like Noone, Marshall, Whittingham, Mason etc.

Ned, Slade has a hell of a job on to get rid of players to satisfy Tan and its at least 7.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Guerra
Velikonja
Jones
Alf
Possibly Connolly
Possibly Noone

to go.

Rydo, the problem regarding Kenwyne Jones, who wants to pay £37,500(basic) a week wages?

I don't know tbh but hopefully someone will take him of our hands or pay up his contract.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Guerra
Velikonja
Jones
Alf
Possibly Connolly
Possibly Noone

to go.

I don't know tbh but hopefully someone will take him of our hands or pay up his contract.

Rydo, Jones is def not worth that amount of money,he gets that before even kicking a ball :shock: :shock:

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Guerra
Velikonja
Jones
Alf
Possibly Connolly
Possibly Noone

to go.

Rydo, Jones is def not worth that amount of money,he gets that before even kicking a ball :shock: :shock:

I agree entirely.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm

well its good to see the club are attempting to get some decent money back. some players, even if we don't accept a fee, are not going anywhere as they are dross and on such high wages relative to their ability, such players include velinkonja and kiss.

i think there will be a taker for jones even if he's on £37,500 a week basic, but only if we give him a free transfer.

as for others, everyone is for sale, but as said previously, high wages mean that even if the football here is crap they will just stick around to pick up the wages. people like dikagoi and guerra.

the problem when you get a club like us trying to cut back on wages and recoup money is that other clubs don't want your dross they are only interested in the good players.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Well if we can't get Jones off the books its not beyond a possibility that a prem club may take him on loan otherwise he'll do a solid job for us.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:39 pm

It's still early days and we could still be left with the crux of the deadwood until transfer deadline day. Hopefully, we can shift the likes of Le Fondre, Velikonja, Kiss, and Guerra quickly. I'd just cut our losses on Velikonja and Kiss to get them off the wage bill. Can't imagine anyone being willing to spend £100k or more on either of them. Guerra could be sold for £1m-£2m and Le Fondre for the same. The others we might have problems with. Noone is proven to be injury prone and inconsistent, Connolly will probably attract interest but not necessarily yet and Jones is earning far too much.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Noone is too predictable and his crossing accuracy last season was dreadful. I wouldn't be gutted if he was to leave us this season. Perhaps he just had an abysmal season last season and will come good this coming year but I'd be happy if we accept £2,000,000 for him :thumbup:

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Must be the first time ever I've been more interested in players leaving than coming in!

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Well if we can't get Jones off the books its not beyond a possibility that a prem club may take him on loan otherwise he'll do a solid job for us.

I suspect that the only way we'll get rid of Jones is without a transfer fee and paying half his wages for a year. I think we may have to bite the bullet and keep him. We are paying him twice what he is worth, but he is still a bit of a handful at Championship level, and you know wherever he goes he will score loads of goals.