Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Adam Matthews "

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Just had a text off a friend who works at Celtic and he reckons Adam Matthews is coming back to Cardiff.

Not sure how reliable his source is but he says very reliable.

Not one for starting rumours, I'm just passing on what I've been told.

With Peltier our only natural right back, would you be happy with him returning? Personally, I would. I've always rated him and of course he's welsh/ local boy which is a bonus. It wouldn't surprise me from the club to be honest getting a popular name back to win the fans over. Let's wait and see...

:bluebird:

Re: " Adam Matthews "

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Jack, Ive always found you a genuine poster :thumbright: I will ask tomorrow.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Yes I would take him back. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Definitely.

Has to be a good move to bring back a Welshman with Champions League experience.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Be a good move ,hope we don't have to pay any money for him tho

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Yessss please!.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:37 pm

Says he is out of contract in July after signing a 4year contract with Celtic in 2011 on Wikipedia.He will be a good signing for us.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:38 am

No better than what we got in my opinion

If he is one of the so called 3 we are doomed :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:46 am

Decent player is Adam.....Declan, Fabio and Mathews 3 very good wing backs....unlikely to fit into Slades 442 system though

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:57 am

QPR

Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 am

Definitely if it doesn't involve a fee, still young & Welsh & for me better than Peltier

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:No better than what we got in my opinion

If he is one of the so called 3 we are doomed :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Well we haven't got cover at right back? I wouldn't be surprised if connelly heads out this summer so would provide good competition.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:18 am

Yes. It would be great to see some Welsh talent in the squad again.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 am

nubbsy wrote:Just had a text off a friend who works at Celtic and he reckons Adam Matthews is coming back to Cardiff.

With Peltier our only natural right back, would you be happy with him returning? Personally, I would. I've always rated him and of course he's welsh/ local boy which is a bonus. It wouldn't surprise me from the club to be honest getting a popular name back to win the fans over. Let's wait and see...

Jack, Its not true.

Matthews is contracted to Celtic for another year and City are not willing to buy him,they feel they have plenty of cover for Peltier.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Just had a text off a friend who works at Celtic and he reckons Adam Matthews is coming back to Cardiff.

Jack, Its not true.

Matthews is contracted to Celtic for another year and City are not willing to buy him,they feel they have plenty of cover for Peltier.

Ah shame! Maybe they are looking at the fact connelly, malone and fabio can fill in at right back if need be although none of them are natural right backs.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jack, Its not true.

Ah shame! Maybe they are looking at the fact connelly, malone and fabio can fill in at right back if need be although none of them are natural right backs.

Jack they are :ayatollah: I'm not saying Matthews would not come back,I'm saying City at this moment are not interested in buying him.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Annis I think he should follow ledleys footsteps at get back into a creditable and competitive league, prob wouldn't go to a prem club but I'm sure there there's a few decent championship clubs that would take him. This is probably the best way for him to get back in the Wales starting line up.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:Annis I think he should follow ledleys footsteps at get back into a creditable and competitive league, prob wouldn't go to a prem club but I'm sure there there's a few decent championship clubs that would take him. This is probably the best way for him to get back in the Wales starting line up.

Jack, I agree, Scottish football week in week out is an awful level.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade dismisses talk of move for Celtic's Bluebirds old boy Adam Matthews

13:21, 25 June 2015
By Terry Phillips

Slade is working to add three players to his squad for the new season and they could all be across midfield because City have an abundance of defenders and strikers

Russell Slade has made it clear he won’t be tinkering with Cardiff City’s defensive unit as he prepares for the new Championship season.

The Bluebirds boss has been linked with a move for Celtic right-back Adam Matthews, but has confirmed he is unlikely to move for a defender during the current transfer window.

“We have solid cover at the back and won’t be bringing in a right-back,” said Slade, who will surely start the season with Lee Peltier on the right of defence.

Slade is working to add three players to his squad for the new season and they could all be across midfield because City have an abundance of defenders and strikers.

He must find news clubs for six or seven of the current squad, either sales or loans, and that group is likely to include Adam Le Fondre, goalkeeper Joe Lewis, Filip Kiss, Etien Velikonja and Javi Guerra, who is still being strongly linked with a move back to Spain.

Matthews, 23, was out of contract with Cardiff when he moved to Celtic four years ago. He had made 47 first team appearances for the Bluebirds, while he has played almost 150 matches for the Scottish Premier League champions.

He has another year left on his contract and is unlikely to leave Celtic at this stage.

Slade was also linked with a move for Wales international Matthews in January, but with Peltier first choice plus Matt Connolly and Fabio able to fill in on the right City will not be making any enquiries about the Swansea-born defender.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Yes I would take him back. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Same without a doubt