Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Rafael Benítez '

Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 am

Napoli manager Rafael Benítez is the strong favourite to take over at Real Madrid. ( Guardian)

Re: ' Rafael Benítez '

Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 am

I heard Warnock on TalkSport say this morning that during talks, he told the President of Madrid that he intends to 'build a team around Bale'

Ronaldo could be on his way if that is true, Bale would flourish without Ronaldo there

Tue May 26, 2015 9:20 am

Benitez would be a very interesting appointment for them. Widely regarded as one of the best tactical thinkers around but not a manager that panders to individuals. I can see exactly why he'd want Cristiano Ronaldo out. Didn't Bellamy write in his autobiography that Benitez loved the attention being on him? No surprise that he's then come out and said he wants to build a team around one of the most understated players in the side.

Tue May 26, 2015 9:30 am

It is about time they went for a more low key appointment.

Tue May 26, 2015 9:38 am

To me, Benitez is a strange fit for RM because of the style of football his teams play. I know he gets results but RM have always been associated with an attacking style of football where I feel Benitez sets his teams out not to lose rather than looking to win a game.

Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 am

noisycat wrote:To me, Benitez is a strange fit for RM because of the style of football his teams play. I know he gets results but RM have always been associated with an attacking style of football where I feel Benitez sets his teams out not to lose rather than looking to win a game.

Also the difference between Ancelloti & Benitez is markedly different with there man management approach. Ancelloti, very friendly with players, where Benitez has the reputation of keeping his distance.

Will be a very interesting appointment if it goes ahead. I can see a lot of players leaving but this appointment would be great for Bale I believe